PDA

View Full Version : Using "Content Disk" as tutorials...

TunnelWalker
06-19-2006, 01:01 PM
I loaded up the Content Disks that came with ver 8.5, and was going to use them to see how the pros do things like modelling and setting up scenes, etc. There is some pretty great stuff on there.
I feel like the guy in Terminator 2 that is reverse engineering the circuit designs from the chips of the future.

But maybe I'm missing something. Are there supposed to be actual "follow along" style tutorials somewhere? I've found the content files, but none of the "here's what you are supposed to do" files.

Please tell me those tutorials exist, and I have just overlooked them. That would be awesome.

Thanks.

ginhan
06-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I agree the content stuff are great to look at, but there are no follow alongs for the content cd.. you have to break them apart and study them.

occasionally there are tutorials that will use some of the models/scenes that are included in the content cd.

if you go to the online help from modeler/layout, there are some tutorials there.
the fish, book and several others, but otherwise it's pretty weak.

the third party tutorials books, dvds and website are the way to go.

byte_fx
06-20-2006, 01:14 PM
There's an expressions tutorial in manual for the, I think, crank car scene.

But there are several scenes that, by the folder they're in, you would expect to be doing something. But they're static.

I suppose they're there to play with.

byte_fx

JML
06-20-2006, 01:17 PM
I learned and still learn a lot playing with the content, so much stuff there.

TunnelWalker
06-20-2006, 01:49 PM
You are right. There is a great variety of styles and techniques here. I need to spend the time clicking around and figuring out what they are trying to show us. I have gone back to some of these files months later, and found hidden gems like weightmaps, etc, that I couldn't have fathomed, had I found them the first time thru. There is definitely stuff here for all levels of sophistication.