PDA

View Full Version : Playing with scale

Skinner3D
06-19-2006, 11:04 AM
I am still attempting bring together the Lego scene that I have been working on. This time I am focusing on a Semi Truck. Anyway I realized when putting together the PDV Blue scene that my buildings are all the wrong size.:( The semi shot is going to be from the top so the buildings need to be to scale. What do I do? I thought about scaling the object, but then all of the Legos are of different scales. Does this matter? My last resort option is to rebuild the buildings.

Incidentally does anyone know how to animate a trailer? I know this has been asked before, and I looked at the trailer/serpents plugins, but I don't know if bones will work across layers.:help:

I will post the scene as is once it is rendered.

cobaltman
06-19-2006, 08:34 PM
In modeler, try selecting all your layers of the object and then use the Size tool to resize all of it at one time. That should scale the entire object without the worry of repositioning each layer after scale. Just try it and you will see what I mean.

Skinner3D
06-20-2006, 06:27 AM
I think I understand, but then the Legos are still out of scale. Here is the image. The building in the upper left is the easiest to compare to the truck. The truck was built to minifig scale the building is built to scale if the minifig was one brick tall.

Skinner3D
06-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Here is the scene with the building just scaled up. I really can't tell if it something that will be pointed out during the animation.

Skinner3D
06-21-2006, 07:23 PM
I decided to not worry about it and let the buildings be scaled. Namely because if I make any more buildings, it is a lot easier to build them at the smaller scale.