PDA

View Full Version : Respower rox!!

metahumanity
06-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Deadline, printresolution render! No time no time, each render takes 6 hours.

So I decide to use respower, and it saved my butt!!:D :D :D :thumbsup:

Splitframerenderig, ahh. for 40 dollars I rendered 2 printsize images in 30 minutes ..Up and downloads went smoothly and very fast, too.

Just wanted to share this good experience. Canīt recommend it enough!

Captain Obvious
06-18-2006, 09:26 AM
That's pretty impressive. Cheap for what you're getting, I'd say. What kind of scene was it? Did you use third party shaders and such?

metahumanity
06-19-2006, 04:05 AM
That's pretty impressive. Cheap for what you're getting, I'd say. What kind of scene was it? Did you use third party shaders and such?

Nah, just native surfaces, simple architectural maquete. Background radiosity being the only extra.

Bog
06-19-2006, 04:37 AM
Another vote for them rocking the box in the biggest way here. I had six and a half minutes of footage to render at overscan PAL res.

I'd gone for the one-month unlimited use subscription plan, and it was *brilliant*. I had the whole farm to myself over Easter Sunday as well ;)

The one thing they seem a bit picky over is making sure that *ONLY* the subscriber uses the farm. Fair play, I suppose, especially with the one-month (US$2,000) plan.

earlye
11-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks so much to everybody for the kind words!

The one thing they seem a bit picky over is making sure that *ONLY* the subscriber uses the farm.

Actually things have changed a little bit since you've used it.

The Super/Unlimited plan now allows up to 3 individuals in a single corporation to share a subscription. There is a Super/Unlimited Premium plan that allows up to 6 individuals and adds mental ray support for people using competitors to :lwicon: .

You can see the FAQ for subscriptions here:
http://www.respower.com/page_faq_subscriptions

And you can see the current pricing (requires login) here:
https://www.respower.com/auto_farm.php?page=subscribe.php