PDA

View Full Version : Need help with audio in LW!!

u.n.own
06-18-2006, 01:29 AM
I need a program that can convert any audio type into a video format with a visualization (like wmp's visualizations)....i am trying to animate voice for a robot....if anyone knows such a program or another way to do this please tell me.

Skinner3D
06-18-2006, 09:39 AM
:stumped: Are you trying to do something like lip sync? Lightwave allows you to import audio into a scene for animation purposes, but you have to actually add the sound and movie together in a movie maker.

u.n.own
06-19-2006, 12:25 AM
no....i know how to do that.....the robot's mouth is not going to move....i need to use an avi texture.....i need the animated texture to be in sync with the audio

randomnumbers
06-19-2006, 01:44 AM
I think that you can do all this in lightwave.
In the graph editor you can use the audio channel modifier to affect an object.
So if you wanted, say, a box that gets taller as the audio gets louder you can attach the audio modifier to the y scale of the box.
This should enable you to generate the avi you want to use as the texture map.
I recently used this technique to get the speakers in a model of a speaker cabinet to vibrate in time with a song for a music video.
Hope that helps.

starbase1
06-20-2006, 08:08 AM
I've tried this and the results are disappointing, to say the least. It's spectularly dumb, and severely limited. It does an awful job of smoothing out the volume - I think it is taking simople periodic snapshots of a point level, which means it can easily strobe.

I was just trying to get light brightness modulated by volume.

If you must go this route, I strongly recommend reducing the sample rate on the clip you use to drive it WAY down. That seems to help.

The other option I explored was to find a screensaver that was modified by what was coming through the sound card, and record that, but I could not find a way of the capture utility keeping up with the saver. If you can find a saver that can record a partial area of screen, you may get decent results by playing your sound clip through a media player with visualisation, and recording that.

Nick