PDA

View Full Version : Inside Lightwave 8 Problem.

Raziaar
06-17-2006, 04:41 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but i'll do it anyways. I have just bought the book inside lightwave 8, by dan ablan. I know you are all familiar with it. It has a CD, and when I open the CD, it runs fine, it shows the flash menu. However, when I try to do anything with it, it pops up with a setup window, and then gives the error of this.

Could not initialize installation. Could not extract Wise0132.dll to 'I:docume~1\Timothy\locals~1\temp\glc148.tmp', CRC does not match. Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Does anybody know what this could mean? I can't view the videos, or images or anything on the cd, because of this error. I'm at a loss here.

I am trying to explore the CD, and everything is running SO very slowly. Which is unusual, since I have a fast cd/dvd reader.

Penforhire
06-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Have you tried to "Open" the disk with windows explorer (don't let the CD load auto-start)? Meaning no Flash, just access individual files on the disk.

Raziaar
06-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Have you tried to "Open" the disk with windows explorer (don't let the CD load auto-start)? Meaning no Flash, just access individual files on the disk.

I sure have, friend. Every time I click on a file within there, it takes absolutely forever to do so. A good 2 minutes each file clicked. I haven't actually opened any of the files within, since I don't know how to navigate them.

I have also tried to copy the contents onto my hard drive, but it doesn't work. I think I basically have a worthless cd/dvd... whatever it is. I think it's a dvd since it's 4 something gigs.

But that's frusterating. The first thing I did since getting the book, is flip to the back to tear out the cd case, and pop it in...

depressing!

colkai
06-18-2006, 02:52 AM
It's a DVD, not a CD, so if your trying to load if from a CD drive, I'm amazed it's even attempting to work.

lilrayray77
06-18-2006, 06:07 AM
I have inside LW 8 too, but my DVD is fine. There is always that possibility that your DVD players arent compadible with that DVD. Raziaar, try running the DVD on a friends computer (With a different DVD drive) and see if it works.