PDA

View Full Version : saslite question...

jevinstudios
06-17-2006, 04:31 PM
i've loaded saslite, but can't seem to set the saslite anti-aliasing levels past 2 (low antialiasing). doesn't it go higher?

also, the hair is not casting shadows on surrounding geometry; only self shadows itself. this can't be right...

any suggs on why this is happening? running lw 8.5, windows.

thanks!

Dodgy
06-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Only full sas casts shadows on normal geometry :)

jevinstudios
06-17-2006, 11:46 PM
thanks, dodgy. these limitations with saslite are pretty crappy. oh, well..... any ideas on the antialiasing issue? if i remember right, i used to be able to get medium and high antialising settings on older version of saslite (i.e.: 7.5). appreciate the reply...

jevinstudios
06-20-2006, 08:10 AM
for anyone who's interested, the problems i mentioned with saslite are not problems, but limitations to the plug-in (yes, saslite is just a demo (without expiration) -- per newtek tech support. when i inquired about this issue, i was guided to look at sasquatch full features & to contact worley labs). used to use sasquatch full when i was full-time in the animation biz, so was familiar with all the features that sas full offers; just ordered a copy for my home set-up last night, as saslite just doesn't cut it with the flexibility and power i need....