PDA

View Full Version : Adding Sound

Lew2re
06-17-2006, 12:41 PM
All right, Iím a beginner and I do read through the manual before asking something.
I add a wave file to an animation. The sound was added to the animation sound graphed was present on the time line on lightwave and sound was present when scrolling the time line. So I made an AVI file fully expecting to hear the sound When completed. Nothing
What did I do wrong now?

newtekker04
06-17-2006, 02:19 PM
You did absolutely nothing wrong. Sorry to report, but adding audio to the timeline is only for reference. For example, say you wanted to lip-sync a character to a recorded voice or the sound of an explosion to a collapsing building, you would import your audio file to make sure your animation syncs with your sound fx/voice overs/etc. No matter what format you render to, Lightwave does not embed the audio file into your animation. If you want to add audio or sound fx, you need a video editor such as Apple's Final Cut Pro (expensive) or Adobe's Premiere Pro, or any video editor you can find.

Lew2re
06-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Thank you, actually Iíve got Premier Pro 2 coming to me in the mail, it should be here next week. Iíll do it there. I guess thereís a good reason for why it wonít work in lightwave.

Again thank you these little things, that I don't know drive me crazy. I'm trying to learn on my own. and sometimes I need help.

newtekker04
06-17-2006, 03:46 PM
I know where you're comming from. I've been learning Lightwave entirely on my own and with the assistance of some books. These little issues that come up during the learning process can drive ya up the wall.

Adobe will do the trick. Happy animating. :thumbsup: