PDA

View Full Version : Viper and help content problems

runtsgal
06-16-2006, 04:45 AM
Hi all, I am looking for any advice you can give me. I moved my Lightwave 8.5 to a shared drive recently so that I could network with Mule (which works great). Since then though Viper will not render, the window for Viper opens but I just get a blank screen. Does anyone out there know why or what I can do? Also despite moving everything over to the new drive and pointing content to the right place I can no longer get the content based help F1 to work. Any ideas there?

BeeVee
06-16-2006, 05:02 AM
Two different things. Your Viper is probably not working because it's context-sensitive and needs something to work on. Try adding some Hypervoxels, then opening the HyperVoxels window and then Viper and see if your voxels are previewed.

Your online help problem is down to Flash changing the security settings. I wrote an explanation (http://www.lightwiki.com/wiki/mediawiki-1.4.4/index.php?title=I_cannot_access_my_LightWave_onlin e_help) of how to fix it.

B

runtsgal
06-16-2006, 05:36 AM
O.K. thank's, Viper working now , slaps her forehead, doh! But it is not online help that I can't get to work it is the content help within lightwave that I can't get. Any ideas on that please?

BeeVee
06-16-2006, 06:22 AM
Same thing, honest... :)

B

runtsgal
06-16-2006, 07:42 AM
O.K. BeeVee I followed your instructions and even re started the pc but still nothing happening when I press F1. I tried looking for the help htm file you mentioned and after searching the whole of my main drive and my network drives I get told that the file was not found. Is there anywhere that I can get the file by download maybe?

BeeVee
06-16-2006, 08:00 AM
If you don't have a Documentation folder where you installed LightWave, and if this folder doesn't contain a folder called Help and a file called LightWave_Eight_Help.htm, then I would say that you didn't install the online help system when you installed LightWave. It's on the CD though, so you just need to reinstall and make sure you have it...

B

runtsgal
06-16-2006, 08:05 AM
O.K. I'll try a re-istall. It was working fine until I moved everything into the shared network drive so maybe I deleted it by mistake.