PDA

View Full Version : LightWave doesnt like me

Ozoka
06-15-2006, 04:55 PM
When ever I try to use lightwave it crashes in like 10mins. Im running Xp64 dual 3.6 ghz 8gb ram ATI Fire GL 3100... I had to reinstall everything a week ago (Windows acting all crazy). I think its the ATI FIRE GL driver has anyone else had this problem?

Silkrooster
06-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Check your firewall, it may be the culprit. quick test, disable the firewall, when Lightwave appears to have "crashed" If it all of a sudden comes to life, then firewall is the problem. Otherwise, its something else.
Silk

Ozoka
06-16-2006, 01:21 AM
ooo sorry i mean my computer freezes up

evenflcw
06-16-2006, 02:38 AM
Perhaps your graphics card or processor is overheating? What's the temperatures and ventilation in your box like?

TheDude
06-18-2006, 07:02 PM
If the computer freezes, it might not be LW's fault. Have you tried playing a 3D game? This will thrash the GPU harder than LW, if the machine freezes while playing or while using other apps, then I'd agree with evenflcw, it could be a hardware overheating issue.
If you're mother board came with a temperature monitor, you could check that too while using LW.

Silkrooster
06-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Are you having any problems reading or writing to your hard drive. At this point it sounds like a motherboard issue, but if you are getting errors with your hard drive, then it could be just a faulty hard drive or i/o problem, which is more than likely on the motherboard(Not many hard drive controller daughter cards being used).
If I were you I would run some someware that will check the condition of the hard drive. As you mention that windows went screwy on you could be the registry failing to save correctly on the drive.
At this point I don't think it is the video card, but I could be wrong, as a faulty video card could cause havoc with the motherboard.
Silk