PDA

View Full Version : Bad Rendering

waggs
06-14-2006, 08:02 AM
I am trying to render several small slips in lightwave but after I do one and I start another and leave it for the render, I come back and only have 2-3 seconds of a 30 sec. clip. What am I doing wrong here. It says it is rendering all the frames but the end clip is way short. Do I have to shut down each time I start a new render?

This killin time is killin Me,
HELP!

ChrisPitts
06-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi Waggs.

You may want to give Tech Support a call. You can reach us at 210-341-8444. I can't think of what could be causing that right off the top of my head (my first guess would be video codecs), but if we could talk in real time, we should be able to figure it out for certain, and come up with a good solution. :thumbsup:

waggs
06-14-2006, 09:46 AM
it appears when i try to save it with an alpha channel it is unpredictable

Meaty
06-14-2006, 10:06 AM
waggs,

Are you rendering to a movie file?
If so, might it be that if you are accidentally overwriting the file each time you start a new render?

Exception
06-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Not to solve your particular problem but may I sugest rendering to frames instead (image sequence)? This is standard practice in the animation and movie industry for good reason... You won't lose quality because of a bad compressor, it will always save each frame, and it works better for post-effects...

toby
06-14-2006, 11:15 AM
render to frames not video files!
http://www.tobygaines.com/render_to_frames.html

ChrisPitts
06-14-2006, 11:31 AM
I agree with your fellow customers here. Rendering to an image sequence instead of a video format will eliminate both existing problems, and potential problems that you may run into, regardless of system stability.

However, I am still not a big fan of workarounds, if you would still rather render straight to the video format of your choice. If you'd like to troubleshoot with us, as to why the video format you are using isn't working consistently, give us a call, and we should be able to figure it out.

waggs
06-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks guys for all the info. I will do just that!

You all are pros and thanks for all the help!

NanoGator
06-14-2006, 12:29 PM
^^ What he said. Are you rendering an image sequence or straight to movie?

waggs
06-14-2006, 12:59 PM
i was going to rtv. I will create images from no on though!