PDA

View Full Version : OOoooohhhhh I hate that

Mediaworx
06-13-2006, 01:32 PM
This has been annoying the crap out of me all day. I'm moving a whole bunch of clips around for a dance recital and I'm using the "after edit line" timeline selection to arrange things. Problem is, if I haven't left clicked on a blank space on the timeline to clear any selections I may have had BEFORE edit line, the command will move those also when I go to move everything AFTER edit line. Why when I select "after edit line" can't that command deselect anything I might have highlighted prior to the command.

Eeeeeewwwwwweeeee but that's annoying:compbeati :cursin: :bangwall:

Sorry......just quit smoking.....I'll leave now

Paul Lara
06-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Mick,
The menu selection merely highlights all clips after the edit line.
It doesn't know whether other clips are selected, and if they are, it would not be good to automatically deselect them.

Mediaworx
06-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Mick,
It doesn't know whether other clips are selected, and if they are, it would not be good to automatically deselect them.

Why not? By selecting "after edit line" you clearly only want to highlight clips after edit line. I can't think of a single instance when I would select "after edit line" and want a clip before the edit line selected also.:screwy:

Besides, I gotta have sumpin' to complain about:neener: Quitting the weed and all that.

BTW, how's that thar profile coming Paul?:D

Rodad
06-13-2006, 04:40 PM
I have to agree with Mick - 'after the line' shounld be after the line not 'after the line and a few other bits'. I have often been caught by this little "glich" - I know I'm ment to select nothing first, but in the heat of the edit I just forget (everytime) - It probably says more about me than VT but it would be nice not to have to redo it all the time.

Rohan

Jim Capillo
06-13-2006, 09:45 PM
....especially frustrating if you're zoomed in and the other non-intended selected clips are out of sight !

Paul Lara
06-14-2006, 08:54 AM
...how's that thar profile coming Paul?:D

Our webmaster was out of pocket, but it should be going up today!

Paul Lara
06-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Ok, not to drag this too far along, but here is a Windows Explorer analogy:

If I ctrl click a few clips in the file bin, and then go over and do a shift-click on the last 20 clips...what happens to those originally selected? They remain selected, they don't get deselected simply because I've added a range of clips to it.

Jim_C
06-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Maybe if there was a shortcut key.

ctrl/alt + rt click choose 'after' or before' edit line deselects other clips and ONLY selects those after or before the line.

Regular right click keeps prior clips selected.

I have needed both ways before but honestly I have wanted to deselect others more often than keeping them. fwiw

Jim

ScorpioProd
06-14-2006, 12:08 PM
But guys, not to belittle the issue, but is it really that hard to click first before doing the selection? That's what I've always done since that's how it works...

Mediaworx
06-16-2006, 08:56 AM
But guys, not to belittle the issue, but is it really that hard to click first before doing the selection? That's what I've always done since that's how it works...

I bet you got beat up alot as a kid.:p