PDA

View Full Version : Automate the "Make" button

RTSchramm
06-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Is there any way to automate, or disable the "Make" button? Its a pain in the *** to press the "make" button each time I move a point or polygon. Other packages accept the editing as you do them. Is there a plugin that would automatically press the "make" button for me after I edit a point or polygon?

Rich

Dodgy
06-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Press space? That seems fairly quick to me :)

RTSchramm
06-17-2006, 08:15 PM
It's not as simple as pressing the space key. For example, I select a vertex and then move it. To switch to another vertex, I first have to press the "Make" button, deselect the vertex I just moved, before I can move the second vertex. Doesn't seem simple to me unless I'm missing something here.

In most other 3d Apps, after I move a vertex, I just select the second vertex and the first vertex is automatically deselected. No "Make" button is needed as the change to the first vertex is automatically accepted once I click on the second vertex. After all if I make a mistake, I can always re-edit the first vertex or press the "undo" key.

So the button line is, is there a way to automate the "Press the Make button", then de-select the vertex or polys that were selected when I click on a new vertex, poly, or object?

Rich

prospector
06-17-2006, 08:48 PM
I was lost at first then I got it, why not just use drag tool on verts?

joao
06-18-2006, 05:38 AM
the 'make' button is specially annoying when using the numeric inputs - no space button there.

RTSchramm
06-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Your missing the point. I don,t think there's a need for the Make button to accept changes. Changes should be accepted automatically once you switch to a new object or sub-object selection. ALL of the other 3d Packages do this.

Rich

Penforhire
06-18-2006, 10:33 AM
The drag tool is not useful if you have to select the point in one viewport and move it in another (because of a forest of points).

I believe a good reason for not selecting the next point based on your mouse click is related to my drag note. It would be too easy and frustrating to pick (and switch focus to) some other point by accident if all you wanted was to keep moving the original point. Are you sure ALL other 3d packages work like that?

RTSchramm
06-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Yes, download the trial version of 3d Studio Max 8 or Maya 7 PLE. Editing is very intuitive with these packages. Unfortunately they are expensive when compared to Lightwave (which is one of the reasons, I bought lightwave instead).