PDA

View Full Version : NewTek is now SHIPPING BetaForce VT [3]

Paul Lara
05-30-2003, 11:34 AM
NewTek is pleased to announce the release today of BetaForce VT [3](TM), a public beta of the latest version of our broadcast production suite. We will be accepting a limited number of participants in this program, so contact your nearest NewTek Authorized Reseller today to order.

The retail price of BetaForce VT [3] software is $595, the same as the final shipping version. BetaForce(TM) participants who purchase the software will receive final packaging, documentation and software on CD when the upgrade is shipped. Participants will also receive a full copy of LightWave 3DŽ locked to their VT(TM) hardware when they receive their final package.

Customers who have purchased VT [2](TM) and qualify for free VT [3](TM) upgrades may participate at no charge in the BetaForce program, and should contact their reseller to request participation. These customers will receive the final versions of the documentation and software in electronic form via download. A convenience upgrade with printed manuals and CDs will be available for $99US.

Please note: BetaForce VT [3] participants will be asked to acknowledge a standard Non-Disclosure Agreement and they will be provided access to private discussion forums to discuss VT [3] issues with NewTek engineers and each other.

For more information on VT [3] and to find your nearest authorized reseller:

http://www.newtek.com

Nild
06-01-2003, 07:10 PM
Beta Force Commander,

Very exciting development. Congratulations to all the aliens! Wondering if the VT3 Beta version is stable enough edit real projects on or if it is likey to crash & burn projects 30 hours into an edit. I found the Flyer .9 & Toaster 2 Beta versions were stable enough (although I lost it a few times). There was some discussions a while back about keeping both Toaster 2 & VT3 on the same machine. Is that recommended. Any thougths would be appreciated, as I am fantasizing about putting VT3 Beta on my machine.

Nild

Paul Lara
06-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Nild
Beta Force Commander,

I am fantasizing about putting VT3 Beta on my machine.

Dear Captain Fantastic,

The time is at hand. You could run both versions with a dual-boot setup on your computer, but honestly, the VT [3] software is already quite stable. I have spent several days demoing non-stop without nary a crash.