PDA

View Full Version : Newtek-europe website down?

Werner
06-12-2006, 05:24 AM
Can you guys access the newtek-europe website? I've been trying to get on their site sinse this morning with no luck.

BeeVee
06-12-2006, 05:54 AM
Yes, we're having problems with our web server, or email... :(

B

ingo
06-12-2006, 09:30 AM
It isn't dead, its just resting ;)

BeeVee
06-13-2006, 01:45 AM
It turns out that it was down to workmen repairing Bordeaux's superb tram service. They cut through a bunch of fibre optic cables including ours and we didn't get back up until after 1AM this morning our time (the last time I checked before wending my way to bed).

B

radams
06-13-2006, 01:49 AM
Hi Ben,

Hey, if you got a second...and your connection is still working...I'ld like to get your thoughts on the below thread.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52032

Cheers,

omeone
06-13-2006, 01:56 AM
It turns out that it was down to workmen repairing Bordeaux's superb tram service...

pfffft.. if it's so 'superb' - why do they have to repair it?

;) :)

seriously though, is that sub surface third rail still giving them trouble? I'm very jealous of that system, even with the teething problems.

BeeVee
06-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Don't know what the problem was but apparently the workmen encountered a big armoured concrete block underground and not knowing what it was brought in a biiig concrete saw to get into it. Perhaps they thought they'd fopund buried treasure? ;) Anyway, wasn't just us affected. A number of places in Pessac and Merignac were without phone lines, and the huge shopping centre at Merignac Soleil had no tills or banking services. I would think that heads are going to roll...

B
PS. It may not have been repairs, but the extension to the tram line coming out to Pessac? Not sure...

PPS. Hey Ray, I am reading the thread avidly. Be aware that NewTek have proposed all manner of interesting things in the 9.x cycle, like real instancing and the like... :) Have a look at the LightWave v9 FAQ (http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_faq.php)

omeone
06-13-2006, 02:40 AM
haha our contractors did the same here one time with a fibre-optic, some of the big banks were down and Ryanair.com lost 24hours' bookings.. .was a lot of talk about the repurcussions at the time... but I think most builders will take the safe option of dissolving the company and setting up under the wife's name.:oye:

Maybe the boys have been watching too much Fight Club?

Werner
06-13-2006, 02:45 AM
Hey Ben, is your email working or is it still down?
I sent you a mail...just wanted to make sure you got it.

BeeVee
06-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Yes, working fine, just struggling to get through all the spam at the moment! :D

B