PDA

View Full Version : TV[5] / Speed Edit

David
06-10-2006, 01:01 AM
What is the release date?:question:

David
06-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Pricing and Availability
VT[5] LIVE! will ship Summer 2006 starting at $6495 US. Purchasing VT[4] now qualifies for a free software upgrade to VT[5] when it ships. Optional SDI switcher pricing and availibilty to be announced. For more information or to purchase, call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441 or visit http://www.newtek.com

When exactly is summer? (summer is three months long}:screwy:

ScorpioProd
06-10-2006, 03:06 AM
Well, I can't see them defining a window tighter than that until the product is ready to ship, too many things can go wrong otherwise. I always find it safe to assume that products tend to use up all of their planned release window time more often than not.

It's always best to not give a specific date until you are sure you can make it.

robewil
06-10-2006, 04:06 AM
It's always best to not give a specific date until you are sure you can make it.How true! Lightwave 9 was supposed to ship 4th quarter 2005. It is still not shipping.

I would be shocked if we see VT[5] or SpeedEdit anytime near this summer.

Jim Capillo
06-10-2006, 06:22 AM
:D Newtek has shocked many folks before, and I'm guessing this combo VT[5]/SE/LW9 is gonna be a huge hit ! For them to announce early is certainly a departure from recent policy (remember Tricaster ?), so this will be well worth waiting for. :thumbsup: :newtek:

No matter how long it takes.....

Ahmed
06-10-2006, 06:30 AM
What is the release date?:question:

After the World Cup hopefully.. as it is I really have no time to sleep.. being in Asia, most of the matches are aired after 12am.

For those who live in North America.. you really do not know what you are missing.. football is life (Americans play handball.. as they hardly kick it, so please call it anything but football).

Jim Capillo
06-10-2006, 06:46 AM
For those who live in North America.. you really do not know what you are missing.. football is life (Americans play handball.. as they hardly kick it, so please call it anything but football).

:D LOL !

Ahmed, YOU tell Vince Wilfork he plays handball, not football.....

6'3", 325 lbs.......:goodluck:

;)

Ahmed
06-10-2006, 09:08 AM
:D LOL !

Ahmed, YOU tell Vince Wilfork he plays handball, not football.....

6'3", 325 lbs.......:goodluck:

;)

He is, he is holding it with his hands... in fact, I think all those who cannot play football (soccer), chose to play with their hands.. :)

England were aweful today.

wvp
06-10-2006, 10:01 AM
He is, he is holding it with his hands... in fact, I think all those who cannot play football (soccer), chose to play with their hands.. :)

England were aweful today.
Those that cannot hold a simple little ball, choose to kick one instead. :)

Can't understand what's so great about watching a bunch of people running around kicking a ball and seldom scoring.:screwy:

Jim Capillo
06-10-2006, 11:24 AM
:D Vince is the big guy chasing the little guy with the ball..... :cursin:

ScorpioProd
06-10-2006, 12:15 PM
No matter how long it takes.....

I think SE will be great, but I don't think everyone can actually give it that long.

The competition isn't standing still, either.

A lot of direct competition for SE is coming up with major upgrades this summer as well.

Ahmed
06-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Those that cannot hold a simple little ball, choose to kick one instead. :)

Can't understand what's so great about watching a bunch of people running around kicking a ball and seldom scoring.:screwy:

Just saw 90 minutes of a match that ended in 0-0 score, very exciting match... I cannot stop thinking about it. It is certainly more exciting than an NBA match that ends with 105-104 score, even if Michael Jordan is playing.

Jim Capillo
06-10-2006, 12:51 PM
I think SE will be great, but I don't think everyone can actually give it that long.

:D I didn't mean it quite that literally, Eugene. LOL

I'm sure that whenever the first build hits the streets the Aliens will still be hard at work with further improvements and features. :alien:

Jim Capillo
06-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Just saw 90 minutes of a match that ended in 0-0 score, very exciting match... I cannot stop thinking about it. It is certainly more exciting than an NBA match that ends with 105-104 score, even if Michael Jordan is playing.

Got to agree with you there Ahmed..... you can watch just the last 30 seconds of any basketball game and get the whole gist of it.

Basketball hasn't been fun and exciting to watch since the days of Bird, Parish, McHale and Magic. :thumbsdow

David
06-10-2006, 06:34 PM

0-0 Wow what excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!! The next time. . . no tonight when you watching Dwayne Wade put the ball behind his back and reverse 360 pay attention. :dance:

And by the way I love FOOTBALL, but hate Baseball a spot for fat old men on steriods!:screwy:

joseburgos
06-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Got to agree with you there Ahmed..... you can watch just the last 30 seconds of any basketball game and get the whole gist of it.

Basketball hasn't been fun and exciting to watch since the days of Bird, Parish, McHale and Magic. :thumbsdow
Funny how you seem to be refering to the Lakers, Celtic wars but can not understand why you would leave Kareem and Worthy off your list.
And to that comment, any basketball fan/coach and player would disagree with you and have put Jordan as the greatest bar none.

Anyway, I think it's shameful for you guys to put down a sport you may not like or understand.

I would sound just as dumb as you guys saying the same thing about a soccer game especaily if it ends 0 - 0.

I Here this kind of crap from people taking about baseball all the time.

You guys should really stick to VT/SpeedEDIT topic as it is something you guys do speak intelligently about.

Jose Burgos

Jim Capillo
06-11-2006, 04:19 AM
Ha, I guess I should have gone down the whole list of Celtic/Lakers players and listed them... but you apparently got my intent of the Celtic/Laker era. There were some unbelievable games played between these two teams - probably some of the most exciting in NBA history.

Jordan? Yup, he was one of the best. But IMHO, I wouldn't crown him the best ever.

BTW, I've played basketball since I was 12 years old, so I do understand it. I rarely watch anymore because the game has become more of an individualistic sport rather than the team sport it used to be. Palming, travelling and other violations are routinely overlooked to make the game more "exciting". IMHO, dunking should be banned. That alone would force the return of team play, pretty passes and better defense.

Soccer? Never played it, don't follow it, don't watch. It's about as exciting to me as golf is. :sleeping:

But hey, that's what makes the world go around..... and sports is big business worldwide.

Ahmed
06-11-2006, 06:24 AM
Funny how you seem to be refering to the Lakers, Celtic wars but can not understand why you would leave Kareem and Worthy off your list.
And to that comment, any basketball fan/coach and player would disagree with you and have put Jordan as the greatest bar none.

Anyway, I think it's shameful for you guys to put down a sport you may not like or understand.

I would sound just as dumb as you guys saying the same thing about a soccer game especaily if it ends 0 - 0.

I Here this kind of crap from people taking about baseball all the time.

You guys should really stick to VT/SpeedEDIT topic as it is something you guys do speak intelligently about.

Jose Burgos

My fault Jose...
The truth is, in preperation for SpeedEdit I got myself the M90 (Dell Mobile Workstation which has Core Dua based 2.16Ghz machine). I read that this what Paul Lara had (or similar), so I got it.

And since I love VTEdit (not Blind love) as I do have other NLE, but perfer VTEdit, I am very excited about it.
The problem is that while I cannot wait to try it, test, use it, it also means that I will have less hours to sleep (at the moment I average 5 hours a day). The world cup, the world most important event (the Superbowl, is a PDA compared to this Quad 64bit event, is making it even harder for me to sleep. One third of the matches start at 3AM. May be Fifa does not know that I want to watch.

So enough talking about sport..
BTW, I think Cricket should be banned... a waste of time, space and manpower.

joseburgos
06-11-2006, 09:19 AM
M90 is nice.
Question, with us having Studio systems more than able, does the laptop have to be:
1)Longest battery life?
2)Best Graphics?
3)Most powerful but basicly a lugable?

I was looking at the XPS series of Dell but the top of the line, M2010, is a monster but a lugable (short battery life).

So really, I know that I will have a seperate copy of SpeedEDIT to use but is the Laptop going to be my 2nd workstation with the ability to travel (battery life not important) or will it be strickly to travel and if so please give me some ideas as to how it could be used.

Not saying it has it's value as in my world having a 2nd seat of a software really comes in handy but hoping some of you guys already use a software other than VT because it can be loaded on a laptop and can't wait to replace it with SpeedEDIT.

Thanks in advance,
Jose Burgos

PS Jim, The Detroit Pistons presently (even though they did not advance this year) have what many people condsider, a "team". No real superstar like the teams you mention but a true team that relies on all and rarely dunks the ball and yes those where the best finals, Lakers/Celtics Bird/Magic, no one should ever disagree :)

Ahmed
06-11-2006, 09:32 AM
M90 is nice.
Question, with us having Studio systems more than able, does the laptop have to be:
1)Longest battery life?
2)Best Graphics?
3)Most powerful but basicly a lugable?

I was looking at the XPS series of Dell but the top of the line, M2010, is a monster but a lugable (short battery life).

So really, I know that I will have a seperate copy of SpeedEDIT to use but is the Laptop going to be my 2nd workstation with the ability to travel (battery life not important) or will it be strickly to travel and if so please give me some ideas as to how it could be used.

Not saying it has it's value as in my world having a 2nd seat of a software really comes in handy but hoping some of you guys already use a software other than VT because it can be loaded on a laptop and can't wait to replace it with SpeedEDIT.

Thanks in advance,
Jose Burgos

PS Jim, The Detroit Pistons presently (even though they did not advance this year) have what many people condsider, a "team". No real superstar like the teams you mention but a true team that relies on all and rarely dunks the ball and yes those where the best finals, Lakers/Celtics Bird/Magic, no one should ever disagree :)

Jose,
I have never considered buying a powerful notebook for its battery life..
The graphic card is important, but the RAM is even more important (2GB is sweet).
The new core due processor is fast, really fast. We may be buying the new M210 from Dell for demo purpose.
Mind you my graphics card on the M90 has 512 MB RAM with dual output one VGA and the other is Digital. Note bad..