PDA

View Full Version : Blender Nodes?

ShawnStovall
06-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Did anyone notice the new implementation of nodes in the next Blender release. (http://www.blender3d.com/cms/Blender_Material_Nodes.743.0.html)

Lightwolf
06-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Yup, I did... they are moving fast...
...and not only that, but it supports groups and can be used for compositing in Blender as well...

Cheers,
Mike

Amadeus0
06-09-2006, 05:50 PM
One of the biggest advanteges of Open Source is that once you get the past the grunt work stage, anyone -and at times, feels like- everyone can start coding new stuff into the engine. This helps gather momentem and in turn creates even more desire for programmers to be a part of the process.

Also not having much competition for 3D helps out a lot.

SplineGod
06-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Nice that its free :)

Kdar
06-14-2006, 09:59 PM
OpenSource will take over the world..
Linux and Blender at the frontlines.

Titus
06-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Did anyone notice the new implementation of nodes in the next Blender release. (http://www.blender3d.com/cms/Blender_Material_Nodes.743.0.html)

Blender has an object oriented approach, so this was an almost logical step. Take a look to this image, it shows the Oops window or how all the elements of a scene are connected. You can make an instance of thousands of objects (in this case a cube) to only one geometry, texture, animation, etc. thus saving memory.

Sensei
06-15-2006, 05:44 AM
OpenSource will take over the world..
Linux and Blender at the frontlines.

Never. Programmer have to eat too and must have 2nd normal job, if they do free job like for Blender.. Therefore they can stop developing very fast if their private life change a bit, and new people that will come after them, might spend months or years learning "what to **** is going on in this or that place of source code big for millions lines".. I have seen maaany projects that after original programmer giving up and releasing source code to public were improved in 1-5% speed of original programmer in the next few years.. And end users constantly complained on the team of programmers that taken the project "there are so many of you and cannot make it working as it should" etc.

Titus
06-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Remember in this case there's a Blender Foudation. They collect money and pay to some programmers. Open Source doesn't really mean work for free.

Captain Obvious
06-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Even more motivation for me to get up-to-speed on Blender. Great. As if I had the time to learn another 3D app! :/

Seriously though, Blender's shaping up to be a really great application, and not just a great free application.

colkai
06-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Between Blender and the $32 Hex2, and Wings, makes you wonder how much time you'd really need to get to grips with them all. ;)

mrunion
06-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Blender is AWSEOME! I left Imagine for it. It's still loaded on my machine. Check out some of their hair demos -- there's one movie/tute in particular that shows combing and such. Looks VERY promising!

(And it's a nonlinear editor as well! -- Not as powerful as a stand-alone app, but good for things nonetheless!)

Captain Obvious
06-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Between Blender and the $32 Hex2, and Wings, makes you wonder how much time you'd really need to get to grips with them all. ;)
I tried Hex, and didn't like it. I think the $595 I paid for 103 was more value for the money than the $32 I for a while considered paying for Hexagon. :p

Haven't even downloaded Wings yet...

ShawnStovall
06-15-2006, 01:39 PM
I still can't figure out Wings...

colkai
06-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Dey make da birdies fly dontcha know? ;) :p

Captain Obvious
06-15-2006, 04:16 PM
And planes! Don't forget planes!

mav3rick
06-15-2006, 04:49 PM
i never understood people that have so much time for exploration other apps..... must be cause i am overloaded with work

Captain Obvious
06-15-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm underloaded with work. I won't start actual work with 3D graphics for a few more months, unfortunately. :/ In the meanwhile, I figure that learning as many applications as possible will be good for my future career.

ShawnStovall
06-15-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm underloaded with work. I won't start actual work with 3D graphics for a few more months, unfortunately. :/ In the meanwhile, I figure that learning as many applications as possible will be good for my future career.

:agree:

ercaxus
06-17-2006, 02:34 AM
Hey guys get this:
http://dtpblender.instinctive.de/cms/Main/Home

It's not a big danger for quark xpress or indesign but hey you never know with open source :)

Lightwolf
06-17-2006, 04:22 AM
i never understood people that have so much time for exploration other apps..... must be cause i am overloaded with work
You're not the only one wondering ;)

Then again, I try to keep an eye open on other stuff, unfortunately I need both eyes for other things most of the time ;)

Cheers,
Mike