PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave will win the World Cup!

Speedmonk42
06-08-2006, 09:56 PM
If I am not mistaken, there are at least some LW users in ARGENTINA!!!!

Matt
06-09-2006, 08:44 AM
No way!

THIS year belongs to us ... 40 years since our last victory!!!

Eeeeeeneeeeeeerrrrlaaaaand, Engerland, Engerland!!!! :)

walfridson
06-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Ha england! We got our best spy there. ;)

Sweden! Woho

Hipcheck
06-09-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm pulling for Antarctica!

hooray beer!

Speedmonk42
06-09-2006, 03:22 PM
At least I had the decency to mention LW in my thinly vieled post.....

See these countries lack the cunning necessary to win....

Hahahaha..

Nurbs are cool.

T-Light
06-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Has anyone noticed the guy on Google's wearing what looks like England Kit. (Coarse that might change depending on where youre viewing Google from, but hey.
:dance: :beerchug:ENGERLUND:dance: :beerchug:

Anti-Distinctly
06-09-2006, 05:17 PM

What he said.

joao
06-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Has anyone noticed the guy on Google's wearing what looks like England Kit. (Coarse that might change depending on where youre viewing Google from, but hey.

:) since i'm such a nice guy... i won't remind you of the last portugal-england match.
:-)

guardonduty
06-09-2006, 06:33 PM
The US might win the worldcup. Go USA

T-Light
06-09-2006, 06:40 PM
since i'm such a nice guy... i won't remind you of the last portugal-england match.
:hijack:

:devil: :D

T-Light
06-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Guardonduty-

The US might win the worldcup. Go USA
First match on Monday, Good Luck :)

You'll need it :devil: :D :D :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ENGERLUND:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ShawnStovall
06-09-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm surounded...

nerdyguy227
06-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Go Yankees!!!

T-Light
06-10-2006, 04:04 PM
nerdyguy227 -

Go Yankees!!!
If all your guys are from the HOTTER parts of the States, you should do well, we're suffering an attack of Floridian heat and humidity over here at the minute (UK & Europe), we aint used to it :o

romrom74
06-10-2006, 04:06 PM
hmmmm...

T-Light
06-10-2006, 04:18 PM
romrom74-

hmmmm...
:stumped:
What?
We WON, (we didn't win well) but we won:o.
&
You're not playing till Tuesday, might be cooler by then. :)
OR
Were you having a bash at the US causing Global warming in an effort to place humidty trained footy players to win the World Cup. :D

Good Point, let's get Blatter to look int it.:D :D :D

ps We were all wondering why Bush was giving tax incentives for people buying Humvees in Texas, NOW WE KNOW!

T-Light
06-10-2006, 04:23 PM
:hijack:

Er by me, sorry, big fan of 'smart cars'.

Good luck everybody:)

romrom74
06-10-2006, 04:33 PM
We WON, (we didn't win well) but we won
so did we...
BTW,is all this really lightwave related???

T-Light
06-10-2006, 04:55 PM
romrom74-

BTW,is all this really lightwave related???
Yes, it couldn't be more LW related,
Lightwave will win the Worldcup, Speedmonk42 said so.

badllarma
06-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Well we were out for the day but managed to find a pub for the second half in WALES! We did a deal with the sheep that were already in there involving some fine vegtables in order to find a place to sit :D

It is of course the law in England to watch the game in a pub :beerchug: One thing the roads were very quiet as we raced across Wales to get to a pub in time for the second half. The first half was lisened to on a very poor radio reception.
Never ceases to amase me we can land a bloody robot on Mars (OK the US can ours got "lost") that can take pictures and samples and beam back the results but cannot get a good radio reception in North Wales :screwy:

Oh and I declare it is offically too hot in the UK at present as I write this at 4.45 am in the morning as I cannot sleep, bring on October! Rain and high winds this does just does not feel normal. For the Brits on the board you will find great satisfaction to know it's 2 degrees in South Austraila at present and they are moaning about the cold :D

famouswhendead
06-11-2006, 02:27 AM
ow well
holland, holland, holland...
;)

Matt
06-11-2006, 03:48 AM
I'm a little worried after seeing England's performance, could be opening night nerves, the next game will tell.

Still, 3 points, not pretty but we'll take them!

omeone
06-11-2006, 04:41 AM
Argentina are showing all the quality so far
Germany look the most exciting, never thought Id say that...
England need to buck up, but should be fine - Germany got to the final last time playing like that.
Trinidad & Tobago to go all the way! :D

Lightwolf
06-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Germany look the most exciting, never thought Id say that...

Nor would I... I'm really suprised by them as well... heck, who needs defense as long as you shoot more goals than the other team ;)

glued to the TV... and I'm not even a fan of football...

Cheers,
Mike - who should do more coding instead...

T-Light
06-11-2006, 06:54 AM
Heat Heat Heat, just watched the Grand Prix, track temperature was 46 degrees, at SILVERSTONE:stumped:

Never thought I'd wish for a cooler Summer, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a few degrees temperature drop for Thursday.

Matt
06-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Thought Germany did alright, didn't look too dangerous to me though!

T-Light, fortunately, all of our games from now are later in the evening, so heat shouldn't factor any longer.

Thursday's game will be a good barometer as to how well we're playing.

dgon64
06-11-2006, 09:02 AM
USA-USA! The European teams started out strong but the heat seemed to slow them down later in the games other than the Germans. How's the heat in Germany. I saw the English spend a lot of time drinking fluids. If this keeps up, it could help the warmer climate teams like Brazil-but then most of their stars play in Europe anyway. Good Luck to you all! And-ugh-Lightwave will win the World Cup.

colkai
06-12-2006, 04:59 AM
Heh, I love the fact that an own goal by the other team was being hailed as a victorious goal by England. :p
Kinda like saying ya won the MotoGP because the other guy parked his bike 2 yards before the flag, hehe.

At least snooker players have the decency to look apologetic if they win from a fluke. ;)

Ok, I admit it, I am more a fan of 2-wheels, but hey, we need some balance here... Don't we? :)

Shouldn't we be more concerned that if it wasn't for an own goal, the other team would of won as we never actually 'scored' ourselves?

Matt
06-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, Colkai, you could say we forced that goal, I think it was going in if he didn't head it in anyway.

Had we not got the goal we might have played differently too, you can never tell!

badllarma
06-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Hey colkai,
My cus has a flat on the Isle of Man So guess where he has been for the last two weeks:thumbsup: , he works over here but lives over there. He has been saying about going over but the only down side is all the great pubs you can go in and out of normally are full to the rafters and then some.

I may go next year but trying to get through 6 deep line of people for a pint is not my idea of a good night out, would spend more time in a que than drinking :thumbsdow

The GP races are supposed to be a bit quieter so I may give them ago some time he says there nothing quiet like having a pint in the pub beer garden while bikes are passing at nearly 200 mph :D

DiedonD
06-13-2006, 01:42 AM
I think Germany would be first. Im not a football fan, but thats what hapened in France. The host won, which I believe that the particular game between France and Brazil was bought (some say helicopters were on their way to Brazil as the game started, with no intentions to come back), so Im thinking maybe the same will happen this time, except that maybe tanks will go instead :)

If not, Germany should be somewhere among winners, 2nd or 3rd.

Otherwise, as usual, though we are bored to see it, BRazil is still dangeorus, and should also be somewhere there if not first....AGAIN.

omeone
06-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Have to say, the Road Racing does alot more for me than soccer too, there used to be an event right next to my home town called the Fore Road races... I got to regularily rub shoulders with the greatest sportsmen of all time - Joey Dunlop - one year, I was about 7, I got in his way when he was rushing into the pub between races and he was so nice an polite to me asking if he could get by, I was completly star struck and he loved it :) I've met a few bigger 'stars' since but they all seem so small compared to JD that their names aren't even worth dropping :D

colkai
06-13-2006, 02:28 AM
The GP races are supposed to be a bit quieter so I may give them ago some time he says there nothing quiet like having a pint in the pub beer garden while bikes are passing at nearly 200 mph :D
We used to go to Three Sisters up by Wigan, you want madness, witness club level motorcycle racing! :screwy: Those guys make the 125 GP melee look positively sane. :p

I got to regularily rub shoulders with the greatest sportsmen of all time - Joey Dunlop - one year, I was about 7, I got in his way when he was rushing into the pub between races and he was so nice an polite to me asking if he could get by, I was completly star struck and he loved it :) I've met a few bigger 'stars' since but they all seem so small compared to JD that their names aren't even worth dropping :D

JD? who's he then? Some Irish local star? ;) :p
T'was a sad day indeed when he passed away, the guy could ride just about anything on a road circuit.
Back on topic, kinda, (as I'm not exactly a football fan), anyone ever tried modelling the world cup? Then we could truly say LW won it. :)

oDDity
06-13-2006, 03:23 AM
I think Germany would be first. Im not a football fan, but thats what hapened in France. The host won, which I believe that the particular game between France and Brazil was bought (some say helicopters were on their way to Brazil as the game started, with no intentions to come back), so Im thinking maybe the same will happen this time, except that maybe tanks will go instead :)

It wasn't just that France were the hosts, they also had a fantastic team at that time, and won the European cup 2 years later as well. Germany have won nothing for a long time and do not have a good team.

DiedonD
06-13-2006, 04:45 AM
It wasn't just that France were the hosts, they also had a fantastic team at that time, and won the European cup 2 years later as well. Germany have won nothing for a long time and do not have a good team.

I personally dont have a team. Its just that game is alot suspicious to me. And it may happen here as well. Besides, Germany was 2nd place in the previous World Cup.

joao
06-13-2006, 08:59 AM
there is nothing suspicious going on in the world cup.
there's too much national pride in all teams for that to happen, it's just normal for the host country to do well cos they get the benefit of the 12th player... and the responsibility as well.

cholo
06-13-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry to disappoint all you fools who believe otherwise, but this is the year Mexico will bring the cup home!

DiedonD
06-14-2006, 01:33 AM
I'm sorry to disappoint all you fools who believe otherwise, but this is the year Mexico will bring the cup home!

HA! Germany will kick Mehico's *** :thumbsup: . They barely made it in the last match.

(Lets play ball)

DiedonD
06-14-2006, 01:37 AM
there is nothing suspicious going on in the world cup.
there's too much national pride in all teams for that to happen, it's just normal for the host country to do well cos they get the benefit of the 12th player... and the responsibility as well.

Yeah, but its Brasil. They were extreem in all games that year. And in the final match, when they shouldve been even better, they played poorely. Its a conspiracy I tell you. France bought the game. And roomers has it that France send helicopters as presents to Brasil. Besides, did you saw all the "ready made" celebration when they won. Doesnt tha kinda seem like they knew they will win, so mind as well prepare all that before.

j0SH
06-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Look out for those aussies ;)

cholo
06-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Germany stole our thunder at our own worldcup in 1986 and all because of a bad offside call. But we'll see who's who this time around ;)

DiedonD
06-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Germany stole our thunder at our own worldcup in 1986 and all because of a bad offside call. But we'll see who's who this time around ;)

Indeed we shall. Did you see the last game for instance between Germany and Poland. Deutchland team purposely awaited till the final 2 minutes of the game, so as to strike a more desasterous goal. The kind that leaves unbelievable traumatic remarks. Thats the way to do it. And if the two are to meet, who knows what other endevious plans they have on their heads, but expect no mercy!
:D

Lightwolf
06-15-2006, 03:38 AM
Did you see the last game for instance between Germany and Poland. Deutchland team purposely awaited till the final 2 minutes of the game, so as to strike a more desasterous goal.
I'm sure our team copied those tactics from the Socceroos ;)
Hm, well, after the first round of matches:
- Germany did surprisingly well, I actually enjoy their game for a change
- Brazil was a _big_ disappointment - I expected much more.
- Well done Socceroos!
- Spain are HOT!
- none of the other games left much of an impression, looking forward to England vs. T&T now.

Cheers,
Mike - heck, and I'm still not a football fan, but I watched almost every game...
P.S. The crowd here in Stuttgart after the 1:0 vs. Poland was crazy. The whole centre of the city packed with people well into the night, celebrating. Plenty of beer, surprisingly peaceful - and loud! :D

spigolo
06-15-2006, 05:15 AM
It seems to me that all of you are forgetting Italy...we have a good team a great trainer and we are expecialized in miracles...

esper8
06-15-2006, 06:02 AM
Going by the performances of Shevchenko and Ballack yesterday it looks like Chelsea have paid a LOT of money for a right pair of donkeys, a very expensive pair of bench warmers!

dgon64
06-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Go USA vs. Italy even though they looked bad against the Czechs-or is Nedved that good-Hmmm? Spigolo-how's the scandal in the Italian league affecting the team? I asked some Italian friends here in the US and they only sighed and shook their heads. Oh well-good luck to the Blue and hope to at least see an entertaining game. And in any case then Go Mexico-too!

j0SH
06-15-2006, 10:08 PM
How bad is the rating system. USA were ranked the 4th best in the world leading into the world cup!

spigolo
06-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Go USA vs. Italy even though they looked bad against the Czechs-or is Nedved that good-Hmmm? Spigolo-how's the scandal in the Italian league affecting the team? I asked some Italian friends here in the US and they only sighed and shook their heads. Oh well-good luck to the Blue and hope to at least see an entertaining game. And in any case then Go Mexico-too!

the scandal will have his influence over player expecially juventus one (del Piero i.e.) but in italy we hope that a good results of the team may help to clear the bad image that we had that is due to managers fault not players..

I think we have a good team and we could be as usual in the first 4 team ..

and ok go mexico too..

omeone
06-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Going by the performances of Shevchenko and Ballack yesterday it looks like Chelsea have paid a LOT of money for a right pair of donkeys, a very expensive pair of bench warmers!

What match were you watching? :D

I thought Ballack is head and shoulders aboove the rest of the German team in terms of quality.... however I'm still not convinced including him is actually good for the team, having him in there unbalances the team too much for me. He should fit in nicely at Chelsea though.

How bad is the rating system. USA were ranked the 4th best in the world leading into the world cup!

Yeah they could learn a thing or two from the IRB (http://www.irb.com/EN/World+Rankings/Ranking+Explanation/)

DiedonD
06-16-2006, 02:42 AM
Swededn stole the German technique! They waited till the end to show off like that. They mustve liked the idea. But...copies in the end are slightly lower quality than the master original.

Im looking full forward for Argentina vs SMZ. The later should loose big time.

T-Light
06-16-2006, 04:39 AM
No word from the Englunder crowd?

It's amazing,
We've won our first two matches without conceding a goal.
We've scored in the second half in a world cup match (first time since 98) (and we scored twice!)
We're already guaranteed a place in the final 16 with a match in hand (haven't done that since 66?)

And we still all think we're playing crap. :)

omeone
06-16-2006, 05:10 AM
won the first one without scoring a goal too ;)

Still very short of playing good, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, when you dont have 11 world-class players, you need to conserve your energy and get the timing of peak-form just right. Engerland are right on course as far as I can see. (so long as the media doesnt stress the team out too much)

T-Light
06-16-2006, 05:28 AM
Omeone-

won the first one without scoring a goal too
Yeah, we're THAT good :D

:jam::beerchug:ENGERLUND:beerchug: :jam:

omeone
06-16-2006, 05:32 AM

we (rep of ireland) once got to the quaters without even winning a match

oDDity
06-16-2006, 05:33 AM
No word from the Englunder crowd?

It's amazing,
We've won our first two matches without conceding a goal.
We've scored in the second half in a world cup match (first time since 98) (and we scored twice!)
We're already guaranteed a place in the final 16 with a match in hand (haven't done that since 66?)

And we still all think we're playing crap. :)

We roundly kicked your asses last year though) - and 8 of that team were playing last night.
THat means if you win the world cup, we can claim to be better than the world cup holders.

T-Light
06-16-2006, 06:10 AM
oDDity-

That means if you win the world cup, we can claim to be better than the world cup holders.
Yet another good reason for us to win.:D

:beerchug: Engerlund:beerchug:

dgon64
06-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah-I couldn't believe the US was ranked as high as fifth because honestly I couldn't see it-but rankings are more propaganda than anything anyway. I've always enjoyed watching the Italian team and players always suffer when management gets greedy so hopefully they can forget their troubles while on the field. Well-Spigolo I tip my Corona to the Blue and should we lose I promise to be calmer than some of the Polish fans-although there is some history there. And I'm with Cholo-Go Mexico! Gotta have a backup plan for when your team goes belly up. Watch out for Argentina-so many goals!

joao
06-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Fifa's ranking system is absurd. It takes into account how many games you win but not the quality of the team you're playing against, as far as i understand. But if it keeps the few american fans happy....
As for Argentina... we (portugal) have a 50-50 chance of facing them next if everything goes as planned.
So they want be there for long! :D

cholo
06-16-2006, 04:17 PM
I like italian football a lot. Back when the world cup was held here in 86 I went to the stadium to watch almost every game where italy played :)

Btw... Today our team sucked against Angola. Well, to be fair, angola did a good job and their defense was impenetrable, but nevertheless,a tie... How dissappointing. :)

dgon64
06-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Yes-disappointing when Bravo misses so many chances. What can you say for a Chivista-eh, Cholo? Are you in or near Mexico City? Americanista, maybe? No one other then Marquez played well so better luck with Portugal because I think you'll have to disappoint Joao to make it to the next round-sorry Joao. Though they did score a goal against Angola- something Mexico couldn't. I sure hope the US can score tomorrow but I'll believe it when I see it.

joao
06-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Angola was hard...... big surprise there.

awrieger
06-16-2006, 07:29 PM
As for Argentina... we (portugal) have a 50-50 chance of facing them next if everything goes as planned.
So they want be there for long! :D

That should be the astounding match-up of the round. Followed by a potential Spain vs France and Brasil vs Italy (but way too early in the comp for such a knock-out meeting between these last two previous WC winners).

Although I think an England v Germany clash will get most of the pre-games hype.

PS. A piece of trivia which always amazes me is the two most prolific winners of the World Cup, Germany and Brasil, have only ever played each other a single time, which was the last final in Korea. That was the only time they've ever met in the entire history of the competition. Astonishing.

DiedonD
06-17-2006, 01:26 AM
Im looking full forward for Argentina vs SMZ. The later should loose big time.

As I thought. SM lost big time. Is that a record? Is 6:0 a world record in World Cup matches? How did the poor schmucks made to the list even? Ive never seen a such badly dominated and so severly punished team in a world cup before.
They tried everything, some hold their stomach's as if in pain, some made heavy penalties, and some even made to to a corner, but the goals kept on coming.
But the corner was as far as the h-ell Team (as they called themselves) could go. I mean how more embarasing can it get. And yet the coach had the face to find an excuses that contribute to outside unknown phenomenon's.
They openly asked him will he resign. Who wouldnt!?
A h-ell team indeed, they surely gave h-ell to themselves.
One of them was even a Miloschevich.
FIFA, shouldnt leave pro's like Argentina earn milions for each goal per player, by enabling them to play with loosers like SM. I mean...6:NIL ! Talk about an ego boost. Eternal loosers :thumbsdow

cholo
06-17-2006, 03:00 AM
dgon64:

I'm in Mexico City, but not americanista. I'm a pumas fan.

dgon64
06-18-2006, 09:31 AM
I live outside Chicago but my dad is from Guadalupe Victoria near Ecatepec and so we became America fans ( groan-I know ). Funny thing is I still have a lot of family there and they're ALL Chivistas so at least you're not that! Mexico obviously is my second favorite team behind the US but neither one looked very good in their second game although Mexico has a decent chance if they do good against Portugal. Good Luck next game-Si se puede!

T-Light
06-18-2006, 11:01 AM
DGon64-

neither one looked very good in their second game
Are you having us on? Only saw the match highlights but for the US to draw 1:1 against Italy when only playing with 9 men was amazing. Just LOAD'S of missed chances in that match. It's unfortunate they're bottom of the group, but maybe luck will turn your way in the third round.

Chin up :)

Iaian7
06-18-2006, 11:15 AM
we're suffering an attack of Floridian heat and humidity over here at the minute (UK & Europe), we aint used to it :o

I'm so sorry! There's nothing worse than heat and humidity. Sadly, I'm not used to it either, and I even grew up in Indiana (granted, not a bona-fide "hot" state, but still has miserable summers).

dgon64
06-18-2006, 12:02 PM
T-Light, good thing you only saw the highlights. I watched the entire game and though the effort was valiant-true scoring chances were few and in effect they're still scoreless because of Italy's own goal. I know the Brits haven't scored much either but they've had plenty of quality chances. I was just hoping like everyone else for a better showing but thanks for the hope. I watched Ghana dominate the Czechs and beware the Africans in the heat-they looked comfortable, very athletic and poised eventually for bigger things though their 2 goal scorers from yesterday will be absent against the US due to yellow card accumulation. Beautiful Game and Good Luck to You all!

DiedonD
06-19-2006, 01:33 AM
France is having trouble :D two games a tie. Thats not going very well is it. Does aybody knows who are these Togo's or whats their name. How do they play? Wonder what will be made of Franch team? They have a tie there too and they are gone man. And they made it first last year...See my point about a bought game

What Im really concerned is Aussies. They sure played well mate. But they need to score games better.

As for USA team. I wish you played this football like their own football (which is like Rugby more or less), but though you were lucky till now, you cant lie all your hopes on luck you know.

DiedonD
06-21-2006, 01:44 AM
A great tie between Engerland and Sweeden. If Sweeden had won, Then Engerland would play with Germans. And for the time being I dont want none of them to lose, and dont want to pick sides. But this tie is briliant. Now Sweden gets to play with Germany, and Engerland with Ecuador.
I read in the Newspaper that 38 years till today, Engerland never won Sweden, so this is another good news. Tactics went up high enough to beat them finally, did it.

Lightwolf
06-21-2006, 02:15 AM
I read in the Newspaper that 38 years till today, Engerland never won Sweden, so this is another good news.
Well, Sweden didn't beat Germany since 1958, so their chance of winning is even worse. Normally I'd wish them good luck, but this time I can't ;)
They did play a good games against England in the second half though...

Cheers,
Mike

T-Light
06-21-2006, 05:15 AM
Lightwolf-

Didn't they :(

Lightwolf
06-21-2006, 05:20 AM
Lightwolf-

Didn't they :(
Lol... hey, you had 50 minutes of Rooney! A shame about Owen though.
I'm not sure if I'm relieved not to see Germany vs. England next or not...
Not because of the match itself, mind you.

Cheers,
Mike - who's still only a world cup fan, not a footie fan.

T-Light
06-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Mexico v Portugal.
That ref deserves a spank.

cholo
06-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Lavolpe must be smoking pot.

dgon64
06-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Aahh-that explains his lineup-at least Mexico made it to the mext round. Ironic that they can thank a late goal from Iran for helping them through. I wonder if Iran would have tried as hard if the US had been the beneficiary. Go USA-one last time at least.

Speedmonk42
06-21-2006, 11:14 PM
I think Iran was just trying to get a point and salvage what they could. It wouldn't matter if it was the US in Mexicos place.

The players are just there to play. They are no more connected to their government as Beasley is to Gitmo.

Speedmonk42
06-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Mexico v Portugal.
That ref deserves a spank.

Thank you, someone agrees.

Why was Miguel still on the field? A hand ball/penalty is a yellow for Mexico, but not for Portugal if it means a red.

Why is an intentional hand ball not a yellow for Figo?

StereoMike
06-22-2006, 01:47 AM
http://bgi.dr.dk/sporten/index.php

Be sure to check that out, you can watch all the goal replays in 3D (change perspective, 1st person view etc)
Seems to be shockwave3D but works only in IE for me.
You have to figure out the buttons (danish) but it's not too hard, you can't break anything so just try.

Mike

joao
06-22-2006, 04:30 AM
At the risk of being harassed.....
The ref wasn't that bad.. :-)
You should have seen the ref in Portugal v Angola or USA v italy or whoever.
It's looking like an over-strict world cup this year, but in the game with mexico...
Obviously i'm biased - but hey, both teams went through!

DiedonD
06-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Well, Sweden didn't beat Germany since 1958, so their chance of winning is even worse. Normally I'd wish them good luck, but this time I can't ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Is that sooo....Hope we dont get badly surprized on that one Mike. I like Sweden, but between the two is definately Germany. So what do you say, what shall it be. A full action game of 4:3 for Germany, or a 1:0 game?

Cheers
Diedon

Lightwolf
06-22-2006, 08:16 AM
So what do you say, what shall it be. A full action game of 4:3 for Germany, or a 1:0 game?

In between, 2:1 :D

Cheers,
Mike

T-Light
06-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Italy 1: Chzeck Rep 0
Ghana 1: USA 0

All to play for :D

StereoMike
06-22-2006, 09:12 AM
GER:SWE 3:1
my guess

dgon64
06-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Go Mexico now! I hope they play better than last game. I know the US played better this last game but seeing how well other teams like Argentina, Germany Italy and England set up their attacks-not to mention you know who-I don't think they deserved to advance. Having said that though God help any teams that draw the refereeing crew the US did for their last game. Bad calls are a part of the game-but-oh well guess I'm just venting. Better Luck to You all!

T-Light
06-22-2006, 08:16 PM
All those great teams, Only two will survive the next three matches, Jees that's weird.

Best of luck to everyone, but i'm kind of thinking the Argies, look, I still don't forgive you for the hand of god fiasco' but ****. your boys are my guess. :)

T-Light
06-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Sorry Mexico, that was a heck of a game.

Our turn tomorrow, considering we couldn't play in 85 degrees, then tomorrow's predicted 100 degrees isn't what the doctor ordered. That and we're still playing crap :(

cholo
06-25-2006, 12:20 AM
What a great goal! The game was really tight and both teams played at 100%, but that last goal from Argentina was beyond good football and that's what ultimately defines games like that. Too bad for us, but Argentina deserved that win after such a display. :)

StereoMike
06-25-2006, 02:52 AM
Argentinia vs Germany next friday. Classic :)

T-Light
06-26-2006, 01:02 AM
We were in the pub yesterday afternoon watching England v Equador. Outside it was 50 degrees and throwing it down, on the pitch it was one hundred degrees and our players were throwing up. Talk about outside of your comfort zone, it can't normally be this hot in Germany, can it?

Looking forward to Spain v France tomorrow & Germany v Argentina on Friday, barrels of fun :)

Oh, and Portugal...
There Can Be Only One :devil: :D

DiedonD
06-26-2006, 03:16 AM
Argentinia vs Germany next friday. Classic :)

....I have a baaaad feeeling about this.....These Argies are tough.....Alright....Im with you Germany all the way....if you win or loose....just find it in you and give your best....perhaps you could even win, who knows :thumbsup:

Spain should kick Frances a.s.s . Im looking forward for that too. They barely made it this far. And they'll probably loose too. Guess they are out of money and helicopters :)

zardoz
06-26-2006, 04:05 AM
T-Light: yep there can be only one. I hope we (Portugal) can win.

My only hope is that it will be a fair game, no fighting, and with a good referee.

Go Portugal

Lightwolf
06-26-2006, 04:17 AM
We were in the pub yesterday afternoon watching England v Equador. Outside it was 50 degrees and throwing it down, on the pitch it was one hundred degrees and our players were throwing up. Talk about outside of your comfort zone, it can't normally be this hot in Germany, can it?

What do you mean 100°? I thought you guys were in Europe ;) 34° it was on the pitch, not that unusual for this time of year, especially in the south of Germany.
If they can't take it... it's all a part of the game :D (and it's not like the other team was playing in a different climate zone ;) )
At least the thunderstorm after the game cooled down some of the hools that were wrecking Stuttgart during the two days before the match. Then again, we had 60,000 fans in the city and only a couple hundred misbehaved...

Cheers,
Mike

Lightwolf
06-26-2006, 04:19 AM
My only hope is that it will be a fair game, no fighting, and with a good referee.
Your hoping wasn't enough... well, Portugal won, but it was more of a soap opera than a game on that field ;)

Cheers,
Mike

T-Light
06-26-2006, 04:57 AM
Lightwolf-

What do you mean 100°? I thought you guys were in Europe
You'd think so but we're a bit weird when it comes to temperature. If it's cold we talk centigrade, if it's hot we talk farenheit, don't know why. If you gave me a low temp in f or a high temp in c, I'd need a converter to know what it is in 'real' terms :)
zardoz-

My only hope is that it will be a fair game, no fighting, and with a good referee
Good referee, in this world cup? :D :thumbsup: :agree:

T-Light
06-26-2006, 05:10 AM
zardoz- ReQuote

My only hope is that it will be a fair game, no fighting, and with a good referee

Good referee, in this world cup? :D :thumbsup: :agree:
Course, if he's a rotten referee, I'm hoping he loves all things English and he's recently been traumatised by a Portugese Man 'O' War :D :D :D

Lightwolf
06-26-2006, 05:48 AM
Lightwolf-

You'd think so but we're a bit weird when it comes to temperature.
Actually, I _know_ you're weird, and not just a bit :D
Makes you so charming ;)

Cheers,
Mike

T-Light
06-26-2006, 06:08 AM
Why don't these forums let you just pop in a smilie?
Right here we go, to Lightwolf on the weird English, is everybody ready?...

Lightwolf
06-26-2006, 06:13 AM
Looks just like your avatar ;)

Cheers,
Mike

joao
06-26-2006, 06:18 AM
Portugal v Holland.... 26 fouls, 20 cards.
Why????? I was hoping for a confortable win against England. Now we have to hope for England to carry on playing the way they have for that to happen... :D

Lightwolf
06-26-2006, 06:23 AM
Portugal v Holland.... 26 fouls, 20 cards.
Why????? I was hoping for a confortable win against England. Now we have to hope for England to carry on playing the way they have for that to happen... :D
I think Portugal will win the World Cup... with 5 players left on the field and everybody else red carded ;) (not that Holland was any better in that game)
If things progress like this then Portugal vs. England will be a blood bath ;)

Cheers
Mike

joao
06-26-2006, 06:56 AM
I still remember the last quarter final with protugal-england in the euro 2004..... My heart starts shuddering with the thought

Matt
06-26-2006, 02:11 PM
The Portugal vs Netherlands game was a total farce, ref was an idiot but the players (both teams) didn't help to be honest.

Figo is a dirty player, I don't like him at all.

Have to say though, it does help us somewhat, and we have a score to settle, so I'm hoping we kick their arse!

oDDity
06-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Just be thankful you're not Australian, they must be in tears.
Penalty in the 93rd minute?
It's a cruel game.

T-Light
06-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Wasn't even a penalty was it.

Few minutes before there were three or four ozzie's in the penalty box surrounding one Italian on the ball. They wouldn't go anywhere near him. It comes to something in supposedly world class football where the oppositions scared to go for the ball because they just KNOW the opponents going to go 'Scuba'.

That's just not football, I thought all these red's and yellow's were supposed to prevent this behaviour, did anyone tell the Italians? I don't think so :(

oDDity
06-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Just one of the foibles of the game. Referees and even a linesman can literally decide the outcome of the game.

spigolo
06-26-2006, 11:49 PM
In Soccer you need experience and we have it, we didn't let them do anything for the all second half even if they where 11 against 10 at the end of the games the Australian where very tired.
The penalty is not a big penalty that's true but even the red cart to Materazzi was a mistake if you saw the action replay and in the past world cup edition we had very bad refree decision so like always in soccer things will compensate..

DiedonD
06-27-2006, 04:56 AM
At last. Today is Spain vs France. They say Spain should win badly over France. Im looking full forward to that. Hope I dont get negatively surprized over the match.

Slowly all the teams that I dont like are being eliminated... :(

Matt
06-27-2006, 05:30 AM
You see everyone has been banging on about England's performance, but for me Brasil, France and Italy haven't been playing to form either!

zardoz
06-27-2006, 10:01 AM
that's right matt. everybody are talking about the performance of some teams but all the major teams aren't playing well either.

in 2004 in the euro here in portugal we lost to the greeks and they played defense all their games, scoring only one goal...and they won. I know it's not pretty but they have the trophy.

joao
06-27-2006, 01:12 PM
maybe......
but that's all they have; a trophy.
little else

T-Light
06-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Thierry Henry, what was that all about?
Sorry Spain, know a lot of people who had you tipped for the top.

Still, brilliant goal by zidanne

T-Light
06-27-2006, 03:09 PM
repeat post, sorry that's weird???

TSpyrison
06-27-2006, 03:20 PM
CAROLINA HURRICANES ARE 2006 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Oops, wrong thread.. :D

dgon64
06-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Congrats Hurricanes, anyway- from a longtime Blackhawks fan-must feel good. Just had to say how I was reminded why Zidane , Beckham and Ronaldo get the big money-brilliant scores. Can't wait till Friday.

Speedmonk42
06-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Oh Henry.

To see one of my favorite players take a dive like that was sad.

omeone
06-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Anyone want to trade an Henry jersey for a Klose one???

Now that I can peel myself off the couch for two days, it's an ideal opportunity to change...

DiedonD
06-28-2006, 01:32 AM
At last. Today is Spain vs France. They say Spain should win badly over France. Im looking full forward to that. Hope I dont get negatively surprized over the match.

DAAMN!!!! :devil: .....ok, ok....IM calm. But now at least we have a revenge match. Maybe Brasil is thed up from France's helicopters, and wont allow to be baught this time like in the earlier world cup. And when BRasil vs France happens, BRasil will go like:

"Why hello there ! Its been a long time :devil: " and France would swallow their own spit in terror :thumbsup:

Thats of course if I dont get negatively surprized....AGAIN!!!!

Good luck against Argentina, Germany. I think you need all the luck you can get.

As for England vs Portugal, I kinda calmly expect England to win, so no worries there.

Lightwolf
06-28-2006, 02:04 AM
Good luck against Argentina, Germany. I think you need all the luck you can get.
Nah, they'll just need to play as well as they did before, maybe a bit better ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Matt
06-28-2006, 04:05 AM
Tough times lay ahead for us all Mike! ;)

Lightwolf
06-28-2006, 04:10 AM
Tough times lay ahead for us all Mike! ;)
Well, ge got further than expected by most, anything more is just the icing and probably due to the national euphoria...

Cheers,
Mike

T-Light
06-28-2006, 05:12 AM
Never, never, never write off Germany, god I'm looking forward to that match. :thumbsup:

Lightwolf
06-28-2006, 05:13 AM
Never, never, never write off Germany, god I'm looking forward to that match. :thumbsup:
Just don't quote Gary Lineker again ;)

Cheers,
Mike

T-Light
06-28-2006, 06:06 AM
I'm qouting Lineker? He must have pinched it from my Dad, he's been saying this for as long as I can remember. We should approach the BBC for plagiarism and demand compensation :D

Lightwolf
06-28-2006, 06:35 AM
I'm qouting Lineker?
Well, almost:

Football is a simple game: 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.
Apparently he said that in 1990 during the WC.

Cheers,
Mike

StereoMike
06-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Friday is considered as an early final I heard. We'll see, but the Klinsmann team has really earned the respect of all the naysayers. In fact it looks much more interesting than that brazilian soccer (vs Ghana). Seeing how other famous teams play, I guess we have a chance :)
Argentinia should be taken seriously. My bets are, the winner of that Friday match will win the worldcup.

Another classic will be France : Brazil (on Saturday?). I want to know, if they just pretended to be boring (vs. Ghana) and thus will blow France into orbit, or if that (vs. Ghana) was all they were able to do.

Mike

Speedmonk42
06-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Nah, after the early goal by Brazil all they did was try not to get cards and involved in physical play.

I can count the number of tackles they made in the center third on ONE hand.

They made Ghana look very good by giving them space and not tackling at all.

T-Light
06-30-2006, 07:19 AM
Germany v Argentina

1 hour 41 minutes and counting...

Oh cr*p there's only two beers in the fridge :thumbsdow

Lightwolf
06-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Germany v Argentina

58 minutes... and _no_ beer in the fridge ;)

Cheers,
Mike

T-Light
06-30-2006, 08:27 AM
33 minutes to go and now 20 lagers in the fridge. (saved by the local Sainsbury, the splendiferous Godess of booze)

Like you Lightwolf, I'm not a football fan per se, nor is lager by any means my tipple of choice.

Weird thing this footy. :devil: :D

StereoMike
06-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Funny, I don't like soccer very much, too, but for a world cup I even drink a beer. More or less (I just don't like it).

12 min left, I start off to friends with a big plasma screen

See you,
Mike

Chris S. (Fez)
06-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Congrats Germany! Great game.

T-Light
06-30-2006, 12:20 PM
OOh, Sorry Argentina. I only ever had one thing against you, Maradonna and the 'Hand of God', You've got to back a while but that one's still a bit of a nightmare.

GERMANY
What did I say, what...did..I..say... or was it Lineker :stumped:
Nice one Germany, shame it ended in penalties, with our track record, you'll know why I hate penalties.

Two really great teams.
Argentina, sorry :(
Germany :thumbsup: You have have no idea how much I'd love to see us together in the final :D

ingo
06-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Oh man, most of the time the german team tried to "destroy" the argentinian game which leaded to a crappy game. The referee was on our (german) side but in the end the penalty time was Lehmann time. I guess now its clear that only Brasil can win the WC, at least THEY show some kind of acceptable football (if only for a few minutes).

Matt
06-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Equally matched teams, Germans true to form on penalties, shame Argentina lost it on the side line, not good at losing are they!

At least they have a taste of penalty blues now!

I'm glad Germany won, the tournament is better with the hosts still in it, clearly until they meet England! ;)

Should be a good game tomorrow IF England find their form, otherwise I fear we'll be joining the Argies on the plane home!!!

T-Light
06-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Ingo

at least THEY show some kind of acceptable football (if only for a few minutes).
Brazil are L.A.Z.Y, they're just boring to watch this world cup, 'Hey were great, yeaahh, let's go for the ball, when, oh wheneveeerr, ok, which goal are we amin at'

They make me sick.

I'm REALLY hoping France are on form, and show them what a proper team can do. If they can't it's down to us or Portugal. Portugal looks to be three good men down tomorrow so that match is one's anyones guess. Whoever wins, I'm really hoping Brazil is going to get a wake up call.

ingo
06-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Ingo
Brazil are L.A.Z.Y, they're just boring to watch this world cup, 'Hey were great, yeaahh, let's go for the ball, when, oh wheneveeerr, ok, which goal are we amin at'........

LOL, yeah they are a bit lazy, but they haven't played against a good team yet. They win the cup for minimalist football, they haven't done more than needed. I'm still hoping for France, but....

ingo
06-30-2006, 12:59 PM
...Should be a good game tomorrow IF England find their form, otherwise I fear we'll be joining the Argies on the plane home!!!

Hmmm, you should work on your geographic knowledge a bit, afaik their planes go to the opposite directions. Or do they send the english team to the Falkland Islands if they loose ?

T-Light
06-30-2006, 03:19 PM
ingo-

Hmmm, you should work on your geographic knowledge a bit, afaik their planes go to the opposite directions
They both go West Ingo???
Ave you been celebrating?
KoZ I aVe :D

Big match tomorrow, so I'v got to be up early, so why am I planning on drinking till late?

Lightwolf
06-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Two matches left to win ;)

It wasn't the best of games but Germany held up against the pressure. Italy is more of a scary opponent, since last time we played we lost 4:1 ... :(

Oh my, Germany - England would be a total disaster... whoever wins ;)

Cheers,
Mike

T-Light
06-30-2006, 04:11 PM
No worries Lightwolf, Italy's only scary for because of their deep sea diving skills. Sorry Italy, but you're playing a tad dirty for my liking.

Tomorrows match with Portugal, now that's scary, really don't want another bloodsport, but I've got this feeling...

edit- should add I don't think Italy's players any less tallented than any other teams, just don't like the way your boys are playing and the way other teams are backing away 'just in case'.

spigolo
07-01-2006, 01:42 AM
I think we played a very good match yesterday.. and I didn't see any fantastic team this year, we are playng with a lot of players with physical problem and we scored 9 gol and got just one goal made by mistake by one of our defenser so it's a matter of tactics.. there are different ay to interpret football and our is one of the most succesfull..

ingo
07-01-2006, 02:01 AM
ingo-
..Ave you been celebrating?

Celebrating what, The Return Of The Klumpfüssler ? ;) I guess germanys 12 th player , the referee, celebrated too.
So lets see how the other teams play today, if we see a new yellow/green/red card festival or if they decide to play some football.

DiedonD
07-01-2006, 02:18 AM
It was going all well.....until the referee started being biased towards Germany. As if they needed it. He shoudve mind his own bussiness and be neutral for crying out laud. He only made them look bad. Im not use to see Germany winning with tricks and wussy tactics. Its not the Doitcha Full Force Forward like I like to see. But appart from the lausy referee that made Germany seem weak enough to need him, the game was ok.

I surely would hate to see Germany vs England, for I wouldnt know which side to vote for :(

Also, what was the ordeal from the Argentianians in the end. They started attacking someone completely different and out of the German team. Some civilian with bodyguards it seemed. What was all that about?

ingo
07-01-2006, 02:54 AM
....Im not use to see Germany winning with tricks and wussy tactics....

Tactics, they had tactics ? I was wondering why the heck no one tried long distance shots into the goal, i have seen only 3 or 4 the whole game. The last scene was indeed odd when an argentinian player attacked a german player.

So today starts the Tour de France. Cycling is a real gentlemens sport, totally fair and clean and not corrupted by money. I have heard the actual motto of the TdF is "The Revenge of The Lance" ;)

Matt
07-01-2006, 02:59 AM
Or do they send the english team to the Falkland Islands if they loose ?

Nah, been there done that! ;)

DiedonD
07-01-2006, 03:07 AM
Tactics, they had tactics ? I was wondering why the heck no one tried long distance shots into the goal, i have seen only 3 or 4 the whole game. The last scene was indeed odd when an argentinian player attacked a german player.

So today starts the Tour de France. Cycling is a real gentlemens sport, totally fair and clean and not corrupted by money. I have heard the actual motto of the TdF is "The Revenge of The Lance" ;)

Well I call the biased referee, the pushes of Ballack in corner shot, and the general "If you even touch me the slightest bit, I'll fall and make my beloved referee draw a yellow card on you", all tactics, and a totally not needed as well. Germany couldve dealt with them their own Brut Power way. The kind I enjoy watching :thumbsup:

Yeah, France vs Brazil today. They have a score to settle. The French bought their win in 1988, but this time I guess it will no longer work. Its payback time. Im looking full forward to that one.

Lightwolf
07-01-2006, 04:04 AM
So today starts the Tour de France. Cycling is a real gentlemens sport, totally fair and clean and not corrupted by money.
Hah, good one. Just as the biggest doping scandal hits the scene, with the favourites either not starting becuase they are apparently involved, or their teams not having enough members left to be able to join the TdF...
I'm starting to think that Wrestling is the only fair and clean sports left over ;)

Cheers,
Mike

DiedonD
07-01-2006, 04:34 AM
Hah, good one. Just as the biggest doping scandal hits the scene, with the favourites either not starting becuase they are apparently involved, or their teams not having enough members left to be able to join the TdF...
I'm starting to think that Wrestling is the only fair and clean sports left over ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Cheers to that Mike :beerchug: the idea that football with all these soap opera dramas that are occuring these days, might slowly be transformed (im using this word in purpose) into WCW was slowly emergin on me. The beer is on me for having to say that first :) Its Becks, my favorite
Sport Movie Entertainment. :thumbsup:

StereoMike
07-01-2006, 05:28 PM
France, Portugal, Italy and Germany left.
Famous teams like Brazil, England and Argentina already on the way home.

Who would have guessed that?
And the newspapers said, Brazil is just saving energy and will blow the more serious competitors into space...
I think it's a group of one man shows, they don't act as a team.
Zidane is a great player. respect. Funny, he wants to quit (rather old) and
he's still one of the best.

Crazy worldcup - everything upside down....

I don't know what happened with the German team during the game vs. Argentina, they played very lame soccer (didn't got much of the passes right, very defensive, just destroying the gameplay as someone already pointed out). I hope they play with their new style against Italy and show offensive and interesting football.
Am I right, Germany has never won a WC game against Italy...?
That will be fun on tuesday.

Mike

T-Light
07-02-2006, 04:07 AM
Oh well.

Nother quater final where we seem to missunderstand the whole ball / net relationship :(

Still, good game France, Brazil deserved a lesson :thumbsup:

Good luck to all teams here on in :)

spigolo
07-02-2006, 04:15 AM
Am I right, Germany has never won a WC game against Italy...?
That will be fun on tuesday.

Mike
you are correct...:)

Speedmonk42
07-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Anything but Italy in the final.

That would be a disgrace to soccer.

DiedonD
07-03-2006, 01:53 AM
My dear coleagues.

Lets play a small game of our own. Lets place our bets and see who has better foresight in World Cup. Only four teams left.

France wasted my wildcard, BRazil. I guess Its all up to Portugal and Germany to bring them down now.

You can see that I expect Germany to win in this World Cup. I have my reasons, I shall declare them after it wins :thumbsup:

The winner(s) would be crowned with the title
"THE LIGHTWAVE COMUNITIES BEST WORLD CUP FORESIGHT USER 2006"

Teams to place your bets are:

1) Doitcha Brutta Forca

2) Sneakero Weazilishira Dirtero Portugalia

3) Super Mambo Italiano

4) France Ard To Get Beate Suprize

Place your bets Gentlemen, and lets have some fun :)

zardoz
07-03-2006, 02:53 AM
Hi guys,

Portugal vs England was a good game, unfortunatly with no goals...that's the main problem with scolari is that he plays a lot in defense. But it was a fair game and with no causualties. About Rooney beeing sent off, I'm not sure if it was right because I don't know if he didn't on purpose or not.

And yep, no team has been playing nice soccer. Games have been very tactical.

diedond, I have to bet on Sneakero Weazilishira Dirtero Portugalia...don't forget that we were second on the last euro cup and we are in 7th place at the FIFA world ranking...of the 4 teams still playing we are the team with the highest rating...

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index.html

Go Portugal.

StereoMike
07-03-2006, 03:54 AM
My bets are of course on doitcha brutta forca. Or Klinsmänner. Or DFB-Elf. Or Schwarz und Weiß.
which is all the same, the German team :)

Bets only on first place?
My bets on 2,3 and 4 are:
2: France
3:Italy
4:Portugal

OK, for guessing place one right, you get:
For guessing 1 and 2 you get
"THE LIGHTWAVE COMUNITIES BEST WORLD CUP FORESIGHT SUPER USER 2006"
For guessing 1,2 and 3 you get:
"THE LIGHTWAVE COMUNITIES BEST WORLD CUP FORESIGHT SUPER PRO USER 2006"
For guessing all 4 places you get:
"THE LIGHTWAVE COMUNITIES BEST WORLD CUP FORESIGHT SUPER PRO GOURMET USER 2006"

Place your bets until 21:00 German time.

Kuzey
07-03-2006, 04:10 AM
Still, good game France, Brazil deserved a lesson :thumbsup:

I missed it due to a power blackout :thumbsdow

I like to see France make it to the final and maybe even win.

Here's to no more shoot outs!!

Kuzey

DiedonD
07-03-2006, 04:36 AM
My bets are of course on doitcha brutta forca. Or Klinsmänner. Or DFB-Elf. Or Schwarz und Weiß.
which is all the same, the German team :)

Bets only on first place?
My bets on 2,3 and 4 are:
2: France
3:Italy
4:Portugal

OK, for guessing place one right, you get:
For guessing 1 and 2 you get
"THE LIGHTWAVE COMUNITIES BEST WORLD CUP FORESIGHT SUPER USER 2006"
For guessing 1,2 and 3 you get:
"THE LIGHTWAVE COMUNITIES BEST WORLD CUP FORESIGHT SUPER PRO USER 2006"
For guessing all 4 places you get:

Place your bets until 21:00 German time.

Alrighty :)c, an added fun.

Thats of course 21:00 tommorow, on 4 July 2006, and then all bets will be closed with no exclusions.

1st place = Doitcha Brutta Forca
2nd place = Sneakero Weazilishira Dirtero Portugalia
3rd place = Super Mambo Italiano
4th place = France Ard to Geata Beata Surprise

Thats how I foresee it, and its also how I would like it to be.

Matt
07-03-2006, 04:54 AM
I'm betting Wayne Rooney will pull Cristiano Ronaldo's head off next time they meet. Derservedly so too, hope he does sod off to Real Madrid, he doesn't deserve to play in our Premiership after those tactics to get his own team mate sent off.

StereoMike
07-03-2006, 04:56 AM
Matt, what's your bet?

DiedonD
07-03-2006, 04:58 AM
Yeah....Of course appart from the Rooney - Ronaldo head sod off thing :)

Which team do you beat on?

Lightwolf
07-03-2006, 05:46 AM
Hm, o.k. here I go:

Turbo Klinsmann 11 with Brezel Power Zaza, Zeze whatever and the other10 Fico and his crew Squadra Amarettini

Cheers,
Mike :D

zardoz
07-03-2006, 06:17 AM
matt, you are right about cristiano ronaldo...at the euro 2004 he was a simple kid that tried really hard to win that cup. Now, he is full of it...he's dating some topmodel, and he is going to be the portuguese beckham...lot's of money and looks, but no game. I went to see the Benfica - Man. Utd game (I support Benfica and we won 1-0), and when sir ferguson called him to the bench, he gave the public the finger...and he is portuguese...we even applauded when he had the ball...

So my bets/wishes are:

1º Portugal
2º Germany
3º France
4º Italy

omeone
07-03-2006, 06:35 AM
Ronaldo must have already decided he was going to Real Madrid because he'll never be welcomed back to Old Trafford.

I love the way the English team needed their adopted German son to score their only penalty :D :D Nah, really though England deserved to go through, even though Rooney was rightly sent off for raising his hand to Ronaldo (provoked or not)(the stamping was accidental too IMO)

On form it should be:
1. France
2. Germany
3. Italy
4. Portugal

But my prediction is:
1. Germany
2. France
3. Portugal
4. Italy

(if Portugal provoke the Italians like they did England, sparks will fly)

btw, anyone know what really happened at the end of ARG:GER? The media are reporting it pretty one-sided against the Argentine team here.

StereoMike
07-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Hehe, funny thing. You might know about the ARG getting problems for their bad behaviour.
But out of a sudden the Italians found video footage with Frings (GER) somehow in the middle of a handfight giving an ARG a slap in the face (during that big mess after the end). The one who got the punch, didn't even recognize it (they asked him about it). Strange. Didn't see it by myself, just heard about it.
Surely, ITA now wants Frings to sit on the bench during the ITA:GER game on Tuesday.
I think it's lame to use such things to make the game on Tuesday easier for them. They should win on the field, not by screening video footage.

Matt
07-03-2006, 08:01 AM
1. France / Germany (can't decide)
2. Italy
3. Portugal (because they deserve to lose)

To be honest, I'm so annoyed I don't really care who wins now. If pressed I'd say Germany, for putting on a great World Cup.

spigolo
07-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Surely, ITA now wants Frings to sit on the bench during the ITA:GER game on Tuesday.
I think it's lame to use such things to make the game on Tuesday easier for them. They should win on the field, not by screening video footage.

do you remember what happened to Totti at the last european cup? the law and rules must be equal to everybody.

I read alot of very semplicistic comments about football in this thread not very big experts I should say..

Lightwolf
07-03-2006, 11:13 AM
I read alot of very semplicistic comments about football in this thread not very big experts I should say..
Well of course - I mean, seriously, I'd never watch it if it wasn't the world cup ;)

Cheers,
Mike

StereoMike
07-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Funny thing - I need football as badly as a hole in the head. I just watch the worldcups every 4 years. Hey Spigolo, what have you expected on a 3D forum?
:)

Mike

Speedmonk42
07-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Ronaldo must have already decided he was going to Real Madrid because he'll never be welcomed back to Old Trafford.

I love the way the English team needed their adopted German son to score their only penalty :D.

Good god are you referring to Hargreaves?

He is Canadian, not German. Grew up in Calgary Alberta.

His English accent is fake.

omeone
07-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Good god are you referring to Hargreaves?

He is Canadian, not German. Grew up in Calgary Alberta.

His English accent is fake.

You don't learn how to play football in Canada ;)

Carlos F. Pinto
07-04-2006, 03:02 AM
Hi Matt, just don't agreed with you, because your are more concern with Ronaldo and not the obvious agression of 'Rooney the clow'. In case you missed Rooney actualy kick R. Carvalho on the balls, and deserved to be pull off by the referee, and you don't mention that salvage agression - maybe you agreed with that way of playing football - and i could inform you that M. United wasn't playing on the field but 2 different teams, and Ronaldo and Rooney were on diferent sides. If you think the referee was influeced by any portuguese player you missed that the referee was 1 meter from the agression, or you are quite naive. The England team is off because they sucked. Be realist and accept that. Sorry for my english

Matt
07-04-2006, 03:55 AM
Hi Matt, just don't agreed with you, because your are more concern with Ronaldo and not the obvious agression of 'Rooney the clow'. In case you missed Rooney actualy kick R. Carvalho on the balls, and deserved to be pull off by the referee, and you don't mention that salvage agression - maybe you agreed with that way of playing football - and i could inform you that M. United wasn't playing on the field but 2 different teams, and Ronaldo and Rooney were on diferent sides. If you think the referee was influeced by any portuguese player you missed that the referee was 1 meter from the agression, or you are quite naive. The England team is off because they sucked. Be realist and accept that. Sorry for my english

Couple of things:

1) Yep I know the ref was right next to the incident

2) Neither you nor I can say whether Rooney intended to foul Carvalho deliberately, looks like he stepped back to stop himself falling over after Carvalho tried to pull him to the ground to me, clearly you are entitled to your version of events, as I am mine

3) Ronaldo head-butted Rooney earlier in the game

4) Ronaldo winked at his bench after Rooney was sent off, as if to say 'Job done'

5) Ronaldo said to Rooney that he will get him sent off, this was before the game started

6) Yes, Rooney does have a short fuse, everyone knows that, didn't help by Ronaldo repeatedly trying to wind him up during the game, not exactly sportsman-like to me

7) I agree we didn't play as well as we should've, but we got that far despite this, had Ronaldo not stuck his nose in, Rooney might have been yellow carded, still be in the game and put one past Ricardo, all it takes is one goal

I was angry when I posted that last message, now I couldn't care less.

Carlos F. Pinto
07-04-2006, 04:59 AM
Hi Matt,

Yes, ok, Rooney just stepped back and, ohhh, R.Carvalho balls were just on the way, thats funny, because i know and you know Rooney had that kind of violent acts like that many times before.
In case you didn't noticed football is a mind game, and the England couch should know the risks envolved when putting Rooney alone on the front starting the game. Shame defensive game, and typical english type of game, isn'i it?
Also you don't mention that the English federation try to stop Figo to play that game because he head-butted Van Bommel on Portugal vs Holland, on FIFA. Oh, they were real sportsmen, weren't they? Actor Van Bommel comicaly fall down 30seconds too late.
England is off, and you don't care anymore, thats a sportsman. Regards

DiedonD
07-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Alright....6 and half hours starting from now, and then all bets are closed.

YOu mind as well hurry up a bit gentlemen, a Hugely Grandiouse title is at stake!?

T-Light
07-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Ideally
Germany V France in the final
(Would be a decent game)

Italy v Portugal in the playoff
(interesting if only to see the tactics employed by each team in reducing the oppositions numbers)

In an ideal world I'd bet on this (V1)...
Germany
France
Italy
Portugal

In a more realistic world (V2)...
Germany
France
Portugal
Italy

But the way things are going in this WC of World Cups (V3)...
Italy
Portugal
France
Germany

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for V1 or V2.

zardoz
07-04-2006, 10:12 AM
I just don't understand why everyone are saying that Portugal are just trying to send the players of the other teams off...we have several of our players injuried because of the violence some of the other teams have been emplyoing. Figo head butted a dutch player and he never did that before. He is one of the more well behaved players in the world (he rarely gets red or yellow cards) so imagine what must have happened in that game to make him do it.

Nobody likes to loose, but we have been winning the games without cheating, so I don't understand why all the animosity towards Portugal.

Another interesting point...the english media before the game against portugal had lots of news and interviews that weren't very polite about portugal. They even had an interview (from an anonymous source) of Pauleta saying that Portugal was going to loose against england...Pauleta rarely gives interviews...or almost never. And lots of nasty news about our team.

Here in Portugal we must be stupid because we only say good things about the english team, and about the english supporters, how the portuguese and the english are friends, about the oldest treaty in the world is between Portugal and England...but the english don't act that way about us...what's the problem?

And the english media probably don't know very much about football...everybody in England loves Beckham, and honestly...he sucks. He may have the highest paycheck in football land, but he is not the best player in the world. I would not like to have him in Benfica...Simão is way better than Beckham.

The best team on this world cup is Germany. I'm going to be very happy if Portugal wins, but Germany deserves to win this world cup.

sorry for my english

StereoMike
07-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Hah! Only one bet per person T-Light! Nice try tho ;)

T-Light
07-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Have absolutely nothing against the Portuguese or Italian people zardoz, nothing at all :).

It's the way the national teams have played that I have a problem with. In Portugal's case it would be the teams collaboration to get Rooney off the pitch, it was just calculating and unsportsman like.

EDIT - StereoMike - I like to hedge my bets :D

tyrot
07-04-2006, 11:02 AM
dear matt

i share your all points. I couldnt believe ronaldo that much double faced player. Simply he betrayed whole idea of sport and teammateship (if there is such a thing)

rooney is not an angel but he was like a hotdog sandwich in that position. He was totally innocent. And if you watch it again and again, Ref is cool till RONALDO makes some exaggrated movements, He was like a Soldier in Second World War whose friends shot , stupid greedy fella. What you gonna do with your Cup even you won with this tricks and with some chickendick refs.

I hope one guy pop his WINKED eye out in next match and play football with it. Actually it would be good to see him lying on the floor and looking for his WINKED eye.

BTW matt. there is a nice website

http://www.ihateronaldo.com

BEST

i really hate ronaldo....

T-Light
07-04-2006, 11:21 AM
A picture paints a thousand words.

http://www.talkinglight.com/images/sport.jpg

Carlos F. Pinto
07-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi T-Light, I saw Hargrieves tackle Ronaldo few minutes after the game started: That's real a sportsman, isn't it? And it wasn't on purpose, Hargrives didn't want to hurt him, it was Ronaldo fault because he cross is way. Hargieves should had a Yellow a least (the rules say its a Red one). Its obivious that every team has a strategy and they fear Ronaldo. Look waht Holland made: There was a strategy to put Ronaldo out of the game - and they did it without any card - and with all the provocations they made, and don't see you making any considerations on Holland's lack of sports or fair play. Also don't see anyone making any considerations on Argentina vs Germany battlefield, ok? Or did the Argentina players fight with they own colleagues? On those photos why don't put a image of what Boularousse made to him? Be a sportsman.

joao
07-04-2006, 11:41 AM
I find it interesting that whenever England gets kicked out from a major competition there is so much comotion. Brazil and Argentina got kicked out (and lets face it, played better than england ever did in this cup) and not much has been said about it. England gets kicked out after playing worse than they did in the last Euro and people make it a calamity!!
I like the english team. I like how they get so much support from their fans. But seriously...... there are better teams out there. Sorry.

And finally...
:help: Enough about Portugal v England (unless its lightwave related :hey: )

And...
my vote goes for Portugal to win. Cos its about time they did.

Matt
07-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi Matt,

Yes, ok, Rooney just stepped back and, ohhh, R.Carvalho balls were just on the way, thats funny, because i know and you know Rooney had that kind of violent acts like that many times before.
In case you didn't noticed football is a mind game, and the England couch should know the risks envolved when putting Rooney alone on the front starting the game. Shame defensive game, and typical english type of game, isn'i it?
Also you don't mention that the English federation try to stop Figo to play that game because he head-butted Van Bommel on Portugal vs Holland, on FIFA. Oh, they were real sportsmen, weren't they? Actor Van Bommel comicaly fall down 30seconds too late.
England is off, and you don't care anymore, thats a sportsman. Regards

Well, I agree with you there, Sven made a poor decision with the formation, 4-5-1 didn't work whatsoever, Rooney is good, but not good enough to take on 3 or 4 defenders!

FIFA don't represent English views whatsoever, we dislike them as much as the next man!

But Figo should've been punished, headbutting!?! Not very sportsman-like in my book.

Carvalho was on the floor BEHIND Rooney, it could be quite possible that Rooney didn't know exactly where his nuts were, put his foot out to steady himself, realised where it ended up, pulled away quickly, which makes it look like a stamp, not saying it couldn't have been, just saying we don't know for SURE!

Regarding defensive play - when you're down to 10 what do you expect! I think we did quite well at creating chances after we lost Rooney.

That's not to say we played well throughout the tounament, ALL on England expected more from our team, I'm not blind to that.

Hopefully with Sven gone, and a new Captain we can inject some more on-pitch hunger to win, something I think our team has lacked for a long time.

T-Light
07-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Carlos F. Pinto, there've been all sorts of shannagins at this world cup, the two I posted above were two of the most extraordinary.

What annoys me about poor play is when a team is capable of winning purely on their own merit, Italy's example tonight is an obvious example.

Sorry Germany, Italy, decent football - THATS WHAT WE WANT TO SEE.
What an excellent match.

StereoMike
07-04-2006, 04:01 PM
I pissed my pants.

T-Light
07-04-2006, 04:14 PM
There's a point, pop into a pub in England at world cup time, they sell small flags, giant flags, t shirts, and horns.

Next world cup, I'd like to see England Nappies and sick bags on sale for the quarter final.

Lightwolf
07-04-2006, 04:35 PM
What a match... well deserved win, I'm still sorry to see our team go... but they're young, and they'll get their final...

Cheers,
Mike

Matt
07-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Agree absolutely awesome match, and good play by all, a worthy semi-final, hope the next one is as good. This was an example to all teams of how to play.

Sorry to see Germany go out.

I'm thinking it will be an Italy France final, with maybe Italy to win (if they play as good as they did tonight).

dgon64
07-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Kudos to Italy-great win before it went to penalties considering their history-ahh to be in Rome or thereabouts tonight! After all the criticism, they earned it-although Germany played very tough just maybe not enough out of Ballack. Good Luck to Portugal and France tomorrow-looks to be an entertaining final Sunday either way.
This also seemed to be the best refereed game-I hardly knew he was there-hope this continues.

T-Light
07-05-2006, 01:28 AM
dgon64-

This also seemed to be the best refereed game-I hardly knew he was there-hope this continues.
:agree:

DiedonD
07-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Ahhhhh we are just lausy foresight seeres. I cant believe Germany lost... I still cant believe it... Seeing German fans cry.... was .... terrible... Such a bad shock. If only they lasted two minutes more....

Now all its left is the neutral Portgual to hope to win the Cup. I never neither liked or disliked Portugal... a neutral team is better then the teams I dont like.

Well.... Good luck Portugal, you can go ahead and use all your tricks and tactics now, I dont care.... Hope Figo bashes all the French teams heads or whatever.... The game lost its taste without: Germany, England and BRazil....

Its so depressing :(

Carlos F. Pinto
07-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Hi Matt and T-Light, i agreed with you: Figo should be left out, thats the rules and accept them, also think half of Holland players should go out before the game ended, as their couch, who order his player to do not give back our ball. Marco was an extraordinary player but now its a lousy sportsman.
Concerning the Rooney: Don't agreed with you: Its clear to me that Rooney had the intention of kick R.Carvalho balls when on the floor. This is not sports, its pure violence, and even worse it was a revenge. Just can't understand the drama and hate against other team player, instead of ask responsability of Rooney as he screw Sven strategy and ruined England game. For me this is the natural way: Rooney made a huge error and he is the only one responsable.
Excellent game Italy, well done. Think Italy deserve the win. Also saw Ballack hit Gatuso 3 times in the head, but probably was just me, without any card.
Matt and T-Light, can we be friends now? : )

tyrot
07-05-2006, 03:13 AM
For me this is the natural way: Rooney made a huge error and he is the only one responsable.
dear pinto

look again the position. The Ref directly effected by your oscar nominee actor Ronaldo. ROoney cant even see the BALLs of the other player, he was just trying to put his foot on the ground. And he was a definitely sandwich between portugal players.

Probably in portugal you are watching something else.

I think Sir Alex Ferguson made a huge error for keeping ronaldo and teaching him how to play...and making him a star...

BEST

omeone
07-05-2006, 03:17 AM
So, did last night's brilliant match make Soccer fans out of all the World Cup fans? :D

Did for me anyway, I'm seriously thinking about going to Germany's next real competitive match (not the 3/4 playoff) and watching them get dismantled :)

Congratulations to the Germany team and nation for giving us the best World Cup ever.

T-Light
07-05-2006, 03:23 AM
Carlos F Pinto-

Matt and T-Light, can we be friends now? : )
Love a good rant on these forums Carlos :)
friends? never in doubt :)

Kuzey
07-05-2006, 03:28 AM
What a match, and just to think we almost went into a penalty shootout :thumbsup:

The German team seemed to be counting down the time instead of playing ball at the final moments.

I hope there's more to come!!!

As for all the unfair play, I think it's time a video referee to come into football to catch those moments when players do things that the referee doesn't see or fails to act.

ps. Anybody who does an impersonation of the referee handing out a card should get one themselves. :stumped:

Kuzey

T-Light
07-05-2006, 03:46 AM
Kuzey-

As for all the unfair play, I think it's time a video referee to come into football to catch those moments when players do things that the referee doesn't see or fails to act.
:agree:
They have it in rugby, they even have it in cricket, it can only be a matter of time.

Lightwolf
07-05-2006, 03:48 AM
So, did last night's brilliant match make Soccer fans out of all the World Cup fans? :D
Nope... not me anyhow :)

Cheers,
Mike

Lightwolf
07-05-2006, 03:52 AM

I think that would really suck. It would just be a futile attempt to make things more "fair" - and I doubt that it would be in the end.
I just think a good or bad referee is as much part of the game as a good or bad team. In the end, most of what happens during a match is pure luck - you can just prepare to have more chances on the pitch as a team.

Cheers,
Mike

T-Light
07-05-2006, 03:56 AM
Sorry OmeOne, thought your post was rhetorical. :)

So, did last night's brilliant match make Soccer fans out of all the World Cup fans?
There's more chance of Cadburry's placing 'Salmonella Enriched' on their chocolate bars I'm afraid. :D

[EDIT] - Ang on, whaddya mean 'Soccer'?:devil: Have you been hanging out with those USA types? :D

omeone
07-05-2006, 04:00 AM
not me
ah you're just bitter after last night ;) nah you're right - I know when I watch an English Premiership match in September it will have lost all its charms.

Qualification for the European cup will keep it alive for me though, since Ireland and Germany are in the same group (me = irish, other half = german)

I think that would really suck. It would just be a futile attempt to make things more "fair" - and I doubt that it would be in the end.
I just think a good or bad referee is as much part of the game as a good or bad team. In the end, most of what happens during a match is pure luck - you can just prepare to have more chances on the pitch as a team.

Cheers,
Mike

Nah, that's what we thought when they introduced it in Rugby, and it has proven to be one of the greatest imporvements to the game and the catalyst for many more.

And soccer needs it much much more...

Lightwolf
07-05-2006, 04:09 AM
Nah, that's what we thought when they introduced it in Rugby, and it has proven to be one of the greatest imporvements to the game and the catalyst for many more.
I just think it would make it even more boring in places... then again, football has never been a fair game, so why start now?

And soccer needs it much much more...
To quote T-Light: It's football ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Kuzey
07-05-2006, 04:18 AM

Cheers,
Mike

True but there needs to be something done.

I find it funny that when the ref makes a bad decision, the event is replayed on the big screen moments later and he sees it but can't do anything about it.

It would help take out most of the unfair play out of the game. If you knew you would be fined later on, even if you got away with it on the field....it would make most people think twice.

I think :hey:

Kuzey

omeone
07-05-2006, 04:51 AM
I just think it would make it even more boring in places... then again, football has never been a fair game, so why start now?

like Rugby, it should only be used in-match for goal-line decisions (not for every tackle!) but it should be used extensivly during the post-mortem to punish foul-play.

Lightwolf
07-05-2006, 05:03 AM
like Rugby, it should only be used in-match for goal-line decisions (not for every tackle!)...
Well, FIFA is apparently looking into using some RFID type of device for at kind of stuff anyhow.

Cheers,
Mike

omeone
07-05-2006, 05:09 AM
They could put some in the players' boots and use it flag off-sides properly too :D

Lightwolf
07-05-2006, 05:11 AM
They could put some in the players' boots and use it flag off-sides properly too :D
Ah, shucks, I might as well watch the RoboCup matches then ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Matt
07-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Come on France!!!

ingo
07-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Come on France!!!

and ?

dgon64
07-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Not the most exciting match but I thought Zidane showed a lot of classs after the game by wearing Figo's jersey. Maybe Ronaldo will show the old men a little more respect next time. As to video replay, it's used extensively here in pro ( American ) football, basketball and even hockey. There are always kinks to be worked out mainly dealing with keeping the game going but I would like to see it implemented for only critical calls as in a controversial penalty kick call. The game already comes to a complete stop at this point so having a replay official that the main ref could consult at the coach's discretion ( one challenge per half or game allowed per team or something like this ) seems possible. FIFA however has always been slow to change so I probably won't see anything like that in my lifetime-maybe when today's game crazy youth comes to power.

Matt
07-05-2006, 04:53 PM
ingo: and ... and nothing! Just showing my support for France, it will probably be Zidane's last World Cup, he's brought so much joy to the game of Football, be nice to see him go out on a high.

I feel for Portugal though, they might have won that game if France didn't have several invisible players tripping them up every time they entered the 6 yard box!!!

;)

romrom74
07-05-2006, 06:48 PM
ON EST EN FINAL !!!!!
hmmm....

T-Light
07-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Matt-

I feel for Portugal though, they might have won that game if France didn't have several invisible players tripping them up every time they entered the 6 yard box!!!

Tried this, got trouble, Carlos gave me a bit of stick :(

This isn't about us, it's about how our teams play, there' some serious trouble there Portugal.

Should say though that Figo was what you expect from the world class players,there were few else. :(

Not having a go, but I don't suspect Figo's too happy right now.

spigolo
07-05-2006, 11:47 PM
forza Azzurri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StereoMike
07-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Allez les bleu!

;)

zardoz
07-06-2006, 02:30 AM
I think that we deserved to win...we played better than the french. Loosing with a penalty like that one...it was a penalty, yes, but the french player also did some acting to get the penalty.
And the referee wasn't that good too, because in all those situations where the portuguese players were falling in the box, he should have gave them a yellow card or the penalty.

But that's footbal.

Go Portugal

May the best team win the cup.

Matt
07-06-2006, 02:41 AM
Loosing with a penalty like that one...

I know exactly how you feel! ;)

Nemoid
07-06-2006, 02:42 AM
LOL actually seems that ITALY will win world cup. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Carlos F. Pinto
07-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Matt-
Tried this, got trouble, Carlos gave me a bit of stick :(

Hi T-Light, No, no, i didn't : ) Just trying to express my point a view.

Matt-

This isn't about us, it's about how our teams play, there' some serious trouble there Portugal.

Really curious to understand what you mean as my english doesn't help much.

Congratulations, France! But by bet is to Italy to win the cup.

Now we are going to put all the blame on someone (France players ou the referee, it doens't matter), make some death threat to the referee and family, put a website on Henry acting penalty, make some fake interviews on biased newspapers, put all the anger out, and drink a pint : ))

Regards, Carlos

Kuzey
07-06-2006, 03:33 AM
Wasn't all four teams regarded by their own countries as non contenders before the start of the world cup :D

So the question now is did France play within their capabilities and did Italy play their final in the last match.

I would love to see a 4-3 final with France in front at the dying minutes of extra time. :thumbsup:

Go Teams!!

Kuzey

DiedonD
07-06-2006, 04:56 AM
Naaaahh..... To HIELL with it. Im so low. Whoever does one of them true bets, like gamble, they shouldve watched me support a team to win, so that for them to win their bet, they should bet on the other team instead that of mine.

Whomever I supported has failed me. And the DARN french team went through, even though they were barely getting away with ties in the beginning.

Teams I liked are wither eliminated, or could be at 3rd place at best.
I dont give a **** whoever wins now. Italy-France, I dont care, they are not my teams.

This is my 2nd to worse case scenario... if France wins WC.... it'll qualify for worsest possible... Im so low right now :(

Kuzey
07-06-2006, 05:38 AM
There's still the next world cup... that's one long wait :thumbsdow

I was hoping to see Ghana in the finals...so there :D

Kuzey

Weetos
07-06-2006, 06:06 AM
France won, but this was not easy at all, and I'm afraid Italy vs France will be another story.

And as dgon64 said, kudos to Figo and Zidane !

May the best team win !

spigolo
07-10-2006, 01:17 AM
We are the champions !!!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody talking about Brazil Germany England.................

Nemoid
07-10-2006, 02:07 AM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS !
WE ROCK AND FRANCE WILL REMEMBER THIS CHAMPIONSHIP FOR A LOOOONG LOOONG TIME :D

Weetos
07-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Congratulations to Italy :thumbsup:

This was a good game, even though I expected France would win

Carlos F. Pinto
07-10-2006, 03:23 AM
Congratulations Italy! They started slow but ended in great style!

zardoz
07-10-2006, 03:25 AM
congratulations italy. well done.

see everybody in south africa in 4 years.

DiedonD
07-10-2006, 06:06 AM
And it finally ended:

Do we have a winer:

Did anyone bet for:

Italy
France
Germany
Portugal

Is there a "Best Lightwave User Foresight super Gurma 2006"?

Certainly I didnt. I was: Germany, Portugal, Itali, France.
This cup lost taste long ago. The only good thing is that the French team didnt made it first. So its at least a slightly better scenario from the two bad ones.

DiedonD
07-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Alright after looking at our "TONS" of bets, and carefully and painstakingly analyzing ALL of them. I know see that only T-Light won the first title, for having to bet on Italy on the first place, and all his other bets were wrong (V1 and V2 included).

So the first title of "THE LIGHTWAVE COMUNITIES BEST WORLD CUP FORESIGHT USER 2006" goes to T-Light (Applauses)

Yeah he did made 3 bets, and he barely had the last one right, that he didnt like even, but maybe we could close one eye on that one :thumbsup: . We need someone to take these titles after all :)

As for the supreme title, which put correctly is:

Would go to Zardoz, that had it all right, but in reverse order. Ironically he beted on:

Portugal
Germany
France
Italy

Since its closest it can get, then maybe we could entitle Zardoz with our supreme title, but of course in reverse. Like, "We hereby entitle you Zardoz with the title:

6002 RESU TERMUOG ORP REPUS THGISEROF PUC DLROW TSEB SEITINUMOC EVAWTHGIL EHT

Alright... It was fun while it lasted. If only it was about one of my teams in the finals. But, better luck next time. I also never watch football, its only in e WC that it takes on my interest.

Cheers :thumbsup: :lwicon:

Panikos
07-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Congratulations to Italy :)
We are neighbours :ohmy:

Weetos
07-10-2006, 06:34 AM
LOL :lol:

almost spitted my coffee on my keyboard :ohmy:

zardoz
07-10-2006, 07:03 AM
lol, thanks for the supreme title (or emewpus eltit...lol)...I have to start betting in the euro loto but with the numbers reversed or something...

nerdyguy227
07-10-2006, 10:59 AM
did you see zidane's head butt!??

JVitale
07-11-2006, 02:25 AM
Felicitazione Italia....Molto Bellissimo

dgon64
07-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Congrats to Italy although I HATE penalty kicks-maybe they should play the overtimes without a goalie or something because not having Zidane put the French at a bit of a disadvantage at penalty kick time. Granted he should have kept his cool and maybe taken care of the insult in a more private manner but I'm willing to bet that the Italian player knew exactly what he was doing when he became the instigator. It's a shame the final will be remembered as much for this as for the game itself because it was for the most part an entertaining game and I thought Italy deserved it as they seemed to be the more dangerous attacker. This also makes me feel a little better about the US team - being the only team other than France to tie the Italians after regulation. See ya again in 4!

zardoz
07-12-2006, 01:06 AM
what happened to zidane, happened to figo in the game against the netherlands...but everybody thinks that figo is a 'dirty' player and zidane 'lost is cool'...erhm...

Carlos F. Pinto
07-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Yes, thats pretty funny! And when Henry (Portugal vs France) and Malouda (France vs Italy) dive in the box is ok. The real problem is when any portuguese player 'trip on invisible players'. I'm not sure, but think Henry play on England Premiership and not on any latin country league, am i right? Henry is a great star, and also a great diver. Cheers.

Emmanuel
07-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Its just unfair that Italy won the title this way.
In my opinion, Materazzi should have seen RED for that insult, not Zidane, who's reaction was purely human and understandable considering the things the italian
told him.
We (France) will wipe the floor with Italy during the European Championship, don't think they will get away so cheap next time !
Oh, and really: thanks to Germany, this was the best world chamopnship I have ever seen and experienced.