PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Create A Superman The Movie Title Text..

Aaron_Price
06-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi I was wondering if someone knew of a tutorial or how to create the text as seen from Superman The Movie.

I can create the flying through stars effect but need to know how to create that Hollow text effect.

Any help would be most greatful thanks... :D

Silkrooster
06-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Well I finally found a web page that has the effect from Superman. http://www.supermancinema.co.uk/superman1/the_production/special_effects/s1_special_effects_p2.shtml
The easiest way I can thing of, is create your title using a type face like arial black Extrude it, then select the back points and delete, then select the front polygon being careful not to select the 2 point polys and delete the face poly.
Now you can add illuminosity and glow.
View these videos by Proton:
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/Headlines_2pp.mov
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/2point_CD.mov
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/electric_CD.mov
Hope this helps,
Silk

Aaron_Price
06-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the links and the tips :D

I followed your advice with Extrude tool then deleting the front and back polygons... After that I used Smooth Shift which thickened the hollow wording a little bit and manage to render a simply animation let me know what you think?

Here is the link....
http://media.putfile.com/Superman_title_test

Silkrooster
06-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Not too shaby, I think some of the characters, like the E should be edited to get rid of that pixelated look, it looks like the resolution is too low. I am debating on the glow, looks like it may be too much not sure. I wonder how it would look if you would have kept the front poly, but made it the same color as background, this would make the glow around the outside only.
I wish I could remember the movie better. For all I know you could be right on.lol.
Maybe we need others to critique your work, but I do like it none the less.
Silk