PDA

View Full Version : Wire Renders

Emfrobia
06-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone, sorry for the really newbish question, but i can't seem to find the wire setting buttons. (Not the ones in the properties>edge tab, these only show lines over the model.) I only want to see the wire frame, and not the actual model. Is there a plugin or a setting for this?
Thanks,
~Emfrobia

zzyzx
06-08-2006, 05:16 PM
If you're looking to render in wireframe mode, access the Render Options panel and select Wireframe from the Render Mode dropdown menu.

Silkrooster
06-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Surface editor, advance tab is where you will find render outlines. Also there is a plugin called Truss2 that will convert your edges to 2 point polys, but where it shines is it can create a thickness around the edge like a tube.
Below is an extreme example of a flat poly converted so you can see what I meant.
Silk

Silkrooster
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
If you're looking to render in wireframe mode, access the Render Options panel and select Wireframe from the Render Mode dropdown menu.
To compare: The above will render in a selectable solid color with no shading or textures, similar to a diagram.
Using the surface editor approach will allow you to render with shading and allows texturing.
Silk