PDA

View Full Version : MM_MotionDriver?

hrgiger
06-08-2006, 01:25 PM
I've been dissecting some various rigs and I came upon something that I haven't seen before. In one scene, I have an ACS4 rig and in a lot of the bones modifier panels, I have something called MM_MotionDriver. Actually, I found this one a long time ago, but never got around to posting a question about it and forgot it after that.
If I click on it, it tells me that MM_MotionDriver has no interface.
I'm assuming that MM stands for Motion Mixer, but I'm wondering if anyone has any more info on what it does and why it's under the modifier panel.

pooby
06-08-2006, 01:41 PM
These modifiers overrule all the keys of an item and act like secret expressions that you can't use the output from..
Motion Mixer has to use a modifier because it's not part of LW's central design.. it's a bolt on. IK boost would be like this were it not for the fact that it just outputs straighforward Keys..
Relativity also needs a modifier on all items using it so they can all secretly communicate.. It's like it's all worked out outside of LW's core, then at the end it tells LW where everything is and LW goes 'OK- if you say so - I don't know what you just did but it seems to work'.. So if you then want the output from LW's core it'll go ' urrrr.. don't ask me - HE did it'

I'm hoping for the day when all this is more of a central architecture and you have access to all output and can plug anything into anything. This bittyness is what causes riggers so much difficulty