PDA

View Full Version : WoW! dynamite voxel engine for LW

Werner
06-08-2006, 04:47 AM
http://www.cantarcan.com/v11/html/main.html

tyrot
06-08-2006, 05:46 AM
dear werner

HOLY SMOKE! HOLY FIRE! HOLY DYNO! HOWARD SHOULD CHECK THIS!

BEST

Martin Adams
06-08-2006, 02:29 PM
sweet!

I played around with the earlier version and found it to be awesome. The rendering looked very realistic. I did discover that it crashes on a dual core/multi-processor machine, but this can be fixed by only setting LW to use one CPU. Hopefully the new version fixes this.

Silkrooster
06-08-2006, 04:50 PM
I wonder how this will work with LW's nodel system. Oh the possibilities.:D
Anyone know what the conversion rate would be to US Dollars? It says 195 euro (Me and math don't get along very well.:stumped: )
Silk

aurora
06-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Not sure on the conversion rate but if the fluids are as nice as the rest of Dynamite I'm happy. I have been tinkering with it for about an hour or so and LOVE it! Can't wait to see the fluids, voxel dataset, density additions!

KSTAR
06-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Anyone know what the conversion rate would be to US Dollars? It says 195 euro (Me and math don't get along very well.:stumped: )
Silk

The conversions equates to about 250 greenbacks ;)

Silkrooster
06-08-2006, 05:58 PM
The conversions equates to about 250 greenbacks ;)
Thank you, not too bad especially if it will do what they claim. I did not try the demo yet.:foreheads
Silk

Matt
06-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Crashed on the first thing I did with it, but it does look very nice, if it works as expected when the demo for the Pro version comes out, I'll be buying it!

aurora
06-08-2006, 06:45 PM
The one major thing I hope we see in 1.1 is a fix for multithreading. If your using a dula/multi-core and have it set to more then 1 thread she'll crash and crash and crash. Yet its slow with only 1 thread. But for the results I'm getting with such a short setup time I have no prob's rendering over night

Traveler
06-09-2006, 02:53 AM
Quite incredible :thumbsup:

From FAQ:
- How much will cost dynamite ?
The professional edition will cost 195 euro and the lite edition will be free.

- What is the difference between lite and pro editions ?
The lite edition is similar to Hypervoxels and renders only particle based volumetric effects. The pro edition includes instancing and configurable render options.

Nice find !
I'm definitely going to give this one a try this weekend :)

Martin Adams
06-09-2006, 07:26 AM
Silk

I use this web site to get my conversions...
http://www.xe.com/ucc

aurora
06-09-2006, 07:58 AM
After a little experimenting last night I found that even in the current lite version Dynamites HV's are far superior to LW's. Fast, easy setup, fantastic results. Drawbacks, well prob not the perfect solution for all HV needs (but then I only just begun palying with it), it CANNOT handle multi-threading with my AMD dualcore(this is already noted on there FAQ page) and its slower to render, but not that much slower especially considering the extra quality I got out of it. As a hint for LW9 use the classic camera, the persepctive renders a tad slower then the classic camera with Dynamite.
The three things I have on my wish list for it (although I'm already in love with it) are:
- Fix the multi-threading crash issue (and its not limited to rendering)
- I'd kill to have a voxel type that mix's cell and perlin that would rock long and hard!
- And like ByteHawk and others a node editor implemention, perferably with an API so we can create nodes for it to. And to answer people questions as to that statement. This is their hv/voxel implementation not LW's therefore it would require hooks to their solution not LW's.
I'm still working through each of the controls but I'll post some results when I get through the whole plugin. But I have to say the 'temperature' control(s) alone make this a must have plugin for me.

faulknermano
06-11-2006, 12:47 AM
it animates beautifully too. very natural.