PDA

View Full Version : Can LW9 Content Manager do this:

Kuzey
06-08-2006, 03:56 AM
Can LW's content manager copy/archive the project folders from the content directory in one go yet?

Eg. you select the following project folder:

Content Directory/Objects/Project

And following folders also get copied/archived to a new location.

Content Directory/Scenes/Project
Content Directory/Images/Project

I made a little test app and was wondering if I should post it or not, it uses tar archive on both Mac & PC.

I know the Mac version works but not sure about the PC one. The tar syntax seems to be the same on both platforms....but you never know? And you PC guys need to install Unix tar Utility :hey:

Also, I'm thinking of adding a winrar and a zip option down the line.

Kuzey

toby
06-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Not sure I understand, why would you do it LW instead of the Finder or Explorer?

mav3rick
06-12-2006, 03:06 AM
same question

Kuzey
06-13-2006, 03:47 AM
Not sure I understand, why would you do it LW instead of the Finder or Explorer?

Because you would have to copy each project folder by hand, one at a time..using the above directory structure.

Eg. This is my custom directory structure:

Kuz Lightwave/Objects/Toons/Characters/Dastardly

Say I copied that Dastardly folder, then I would need to go back to the root (Kuz Lightwave) and travel down the other "Images", "Scenes" folders and copy the project folder from there.

Ps. it's not within LW, it's a standalone app but I don't want to work on it if it's already available in LW9. Or is going to be.

Kuzey

wavk
06-13-2006, 08:08 AM
uhm.. http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.CFM?ID=2271
though id like to compress the stuff in 1 file in 1 go....

mlon

Exception
06-13-2006, 08:55 PM
No it can't because the bugs havn't been fixed yet. The 'Object Conversion Failure' bug is still in... hopefully it will be taken out, but there's a lot of old bugs that are not fixed yet (old uv bugs, and that sort of stuff).

nukemodular
06-14-2006, 05:14 AM
would be nice if u could choose whether u want to pack the entire scene in a "packed format" (like in messiah the *.mpj format or maya *.ma) or in the standard oldschool ways...

Chuck
06-14-2006, 07:31 AM
The Content Manager is unchanged for v9.0, but will be redone in a later update.

Kuzey
06-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks Chuck,

I guess that means a yes, this will be added down the road :D

Anyway, here's the Mac version and a test directory for people to play with.

The good thing is you can keep a backup archive anywhere (not in this test) and add projects to it once they a completed, instead of doing it by hand. So, press the button and select one project. Then select the other projects one by one. Un-pack the archive have a look see how the archive looks.

IF the PC crowd have Unix tar installed, I'll be happy to post the PC version.

I'm curious to see if it works or not.

Kuzey

colkai
06-14-2006, 12:35 PM
The Content Manager is unchanged for v9.0, but will be redone in a later update.
Sweet.
Would be very nice to have some of the old 5.6 manager back, as well as some new goodies. Would be good if we could use it not just for full blown scenes, but for handling the resources ties to a specific object / group of objects too. :)
:phone_cal