PDA

View Full Version : UI Customization

ShawnStovall
06-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Take a look at how much you can customize the interface in v9.

RedBull
06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Hmm, apart from the colors, which you can also change in any version of LW.
Looks pretty much the same...

What other customizations did you do?

Skonk
06-08-2006, 05:26 AM
LW9 has a proper UI for changing the colours (as part of the hub) and also applying an image to the background. Changing colours was posible in earlier version but it was tricky to do, its now much easier and this is what he's demonstrating.

-FP-
06-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Do the color changes in LW9 refuse to accurately behave as specified, as in 7.5? I can change colors in 7.5 by appending instructions to a cfg file. However, if I somehow exceed the apparently arbitrary range of allowed colors, things get messed up. If I specify a bright yellow, or any other bright color with one or more 255 parameters, the buttons instead appear dark. If I change the info area to white and the text black, which is easier to see, then numbers such as those on the timeline practically become invisible, displaying as light blue on white or something similar. The colors I specify are not accurately presented in Lightwave, either. If I type in the RGB numbers for a nice bright blue button, I get a dark, pastel dirty bluish color instead.

Is there any way to make the interface font bigger and bolder in LW9? Can every instance of black text on a dark grey background be changed? That would be great. I have to run at a high screen res for video editing, so the Lightwave font is TINY.

I've never understood why every color and font in Lightwave's interface can't be easily changed. That's gotta be easier to implement than new cameras and sub-d variants. Even most of the freeware I use offers the option of changing the interface. I can pick the font size, colors, resize toolbars, etc.

The best thing would be to allow LW to use the default windows scheme. My desktop is light grey with bold arial text at a very large size. Most of the programs I use inherit Window's look. It would be great if LW allowed this - the buttons would automatically widen to accomodate bigger fonts, but they'd stay in the same relative place. Plugin and other configuration popups would appear just like any Window in most other programs, not as a dark grey block with microscopic black text.

http://i5.tinypic.com/1231vsk.jpg

spec24
06-08-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm with you Frank.

Verlon
06-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Shawn:
You running a Vista beta (or even WMP11)? If not, what is the media player (?) on the right of your taskbar? That looks convenient?

ShawnStovall
06-09-2006, 01:17 PM
That is a Windows Media Player 11 Beta. I have it set so if I minimize it will go in that form. It also did it with 10.

pixym
06-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Not interresting at all for me...

Verlon
06-09-2006, 09:46 PM
yes, but it didn't look as cool :)