PDA

View Full Version : Importing Nodes

boolewan
06-07-2006, 06:49 PM
When i am in the node editor, and i choose Import Nodes, i can't find any of these node files. can someone tell me where these .node files are that are supposed to be included in the LW9 download?
Thanks.

DragonFist
06-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Too my knowledge, there are not any included. I believe the intent is (and this is how I have been using it) that once you have a tree of nodes to do something you want to reuse, select all those nodes and export them. Then later you can import them into a surface if you need the same effect and hook them up.

If what you are looking for are nodes to use, in the upper left hand corner of the editor is a menu that will list various node types by type. scroll down it and find the one you want, click it and it will pop into the editor to be used.

boolewan
06-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks
Iwas looking specifically for the ZBrush node that is not included under the "Add Node" tab.

BeeVee
06-08-2006, 02:04 AM
There isn't a specific node, but rather a simple network of nodes. You can save the result out for yourself to keep for further use. Watch Proton's video (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/LW9/zbrush-nodes-aps.mov) on the subject.

B

nlightuk
06-08-2006, 05:22 AM
Here's the node network referred to in the vid, if it helps: