PDA

View Full Version : video effects for live switching

axome
06-07-2006, 03:50 AM
Hi all,

...just wondering if it is possible to find some more video effects (plug-in) for live switching (VJing) with VT ? I know there is a lot of DVE, but a lot of them are transitions/wipes, I'm more looking for video effects (like for ex. FreeFrame, should be great if it would be compatible with VT)...

thanks for reading

laurent

PIZAZZ
06-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi all,

...just wondering if it is possible to find some more video effects (plug-in) for live switching (VJing) with VT ? I know there is a lot of DVE, but a lot of them are transitions/wipes, I'm more looking for video effects (like for ex. FreeFrame, should be great if it would be compatible with VT)...

thanks for reading

laurent

FreeFrame support would be cool. We have looked into adding it into our VJLive version of VT. Are you familiar with the ChromaFX overlays and DVEs in the DVE collection? There are some pretty decent effects there.

We usually load a ton of aftermarket 3rd party DVEs on our VJLive systems just to give it that much more wow factor. There are a few DVEs that we remove just because. Like the sheep ones in MISC. You can't have anything resembling sheep around a bunch of country Cowboys. It just isn't comfortable. :)

I will email you some of the different effects examples we use later this week.

axome
06-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Hi Jef,

...thanks for your answer. Yes, I'm also using those effects and DVE...But, as I'm woking a lot with electro music (trance, tech, tech-house...), I'm looking for more "wild" staff...I'm sure you know what I mean ;-)

talk to you soon

laurent

Rich Deustachio
06-09-2006, 10:23 AM
I assume you checked out all of the FX that come in the effects folder that comes with VT.

hruffin3
06-15-2006, 02:40 PM
with the dve creation kit you can make your own dves in Lightwave. they have to be rendered, but once rendered you can use them in the toaster to switch between sources. Picture the sphere or ufo 3d dve's in vt, you can use hypervoxels, reflections and are really only limited by your imagination and time. the kit is available at newtek and its really just a lw scene that gets rendered to accept the incoming video as if it were the animation, there is also a third party plug-in which makes the whole process of setting up and rendering and then converting to a dve file simple.

Paul Lara
06-15-2006, 04:11 PM
with electro music (trance, tech, tech-house...), I'm looking for more "wild" stuff.

Laurent,
Have you seen the ChromaFX? This does some really wild live color-mapping based on the video's luminance and on the target image being used.

joseburgos
06-15-2006, 05:43 PM
All of the 5100 series DVE's as well.

Jose Burgos

axome
06-22-2006, 07:09 AM
yes...I'm already using those DVE's thanks...the Chroma one is pretty cool ;-) but I did not see any effect on the one named "Chrome" or something like that... (I do not have the VT close to me)