PDA

View Full Version : VT3 Audio problems...Still

deandec
06-06-2006, 05:11 PM
My VT3 had been given me audio problems. It had been intermittant then it became that audio wouldn't work more often than not. My system disk crashed the other day and I've rebuilt the system and installed a fresh copy of VT3. I fired it up and audio worked for about 5 seconds then a small pop and now no audio. I've disabled the onboard audio btw. This has been the pattern. I small pop and then no audio. It usually only comes back after I shut the machine down for a while and restart. I'm thinking it's a hardware problem since I've ruled out driver conflicts. Anyone have any thought on this?

Thanks,

Dean

Dan Hong
06-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Sounds like heat problems or maybe power supply. You can search the old threads for heat related audio problems, but the system disk crashing sounds like a symptom of a bad or weak power supply.

deandec
06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Don't think so. It's a 550 watt Antec. Rest of the system is fine. New disk is building fine. Old disk didn't actually crash it got corrupted. Bad blocks etc. I'm pretty familiar with hardware. I don't think it's the supply but thanks for the idea. I'm getting convinced that the Toaster card is.... toast.