PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Network Rendering

anthemfx
06-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi

I am new to lightwave network rendering. I was hoping to set up Lightwave with RUSH, our render queue software, but apparently it only works with the PC and Linux version. The mac 'lswn' is not executable in Terminal!!

How does one set up network rendering? Anyone doing this with Mac render farms? I have 20 Xserve nodes for Maya and I would love to use them with Lightwave.

If I understand correctly with one copy of Lightwave, I can render fro free on unlimited nodes (installed copies of lightwave) ??

I appreciate any help, advice, or real world deployments of this.

Thanks,

Mat X
Sys Admin - Anthem VFX

Scazzino
06-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Here's my tutorial on setting up a LW render farm on the Mac (http://dreamlight.com/insights/10/welcome.html)...

WShawn
06-08-2006, 02:04 PM
I heartily endorse Bruce Rayne's Renderfarm Commander. We use it to set up network renders on our home office network (dual 2.5 gig g5, dual 1.25 gig G4, dual 1 gig G4, G4 ibook) and it works like a charm. It makes it really easy to set up nodes and get them going quickly, plus you can activate and deactivate nodes while rendering if you need to.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

zzyzx
06-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Definitely take a look at MikeS tutorial. It was invaluable in setting up my mixed pc/mac renderfarm with Butterfly Net Render. :thumbsup:

Scott C. Zupek
06-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Definitely take a look at MikeS tutorial. It was invaluable in setting up my mixed pc/mac renderfarm with Butterfly Net Render. :thumbsup:

no offense, but this is way to confusing for rendering. I have a ibook. I have a windows PC...ibook has lightwave...pc doesnt.... what does it take to get it work!?

no i cant share the root

no mac os x is nothing like windows when it comes to networking(i do it for a living!)...where is the simple 1 or 2 page tutorial on what you have to do and why. I dont care about terminal unix stuff. I just want it to work.... without the 2 year headache I have bene trying to!