PDA

View Full Version : Camtasia Output for VT timeline ?

Jim Capillo
06-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Has anyone used Camtasia successfully on the timeline ? I've tried various capture and output settings, all to no avail.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.....

TIA,

ScorpioProd
06-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Isn't iVGA something one would use for that on a VT system?

Jim Capillo
06-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Isn't iVGA something one would use for that on a VT system?

I would, but my VT computer is not on the web, and not easily hooked up.... so I am trying to capture with Camtasia and bring it over on CD.

Rich Deustachio
06-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Did you ry running ivga on the VT computer and see if VT places it on the switcher?

UnCommonGrafx
06-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Hey Jim,
It isn't a 'web-thing; it's NewTek's 'Camtasia-like' utility. Just don't use the 'high quality' setting as it has always seemed to be switched. That is to say, it is looks better with the checkmark off.

IF you are looking for all the gadgets you have at your access in Camtasia, do it better in post! ;) :smirk: I was thinking that it would make keyboard shortcuts easier if we had some kind of plugin to let us show what keys are pressed in a little 'interpreter' window, per se, so that it didn't have to be added in post. Sometimes I ferget what I pressed. ;)
It would be a boon to tute creators using VT.

ScorpioProd
06-05-2006, 07:08 PM
BTW, though it won't work for Jim if he can't run what he wants on the VT computer, don't forget the Capture VGA utility. Depending on what you're trying to do, that can be better than iVGA.

Jim Capillo
06-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey Jim,
It isn't a 'web-thing; it's NewTek's 'Camtasia-like' utility. Just don't use the 'high quality' setting as it has always seemed to be switched. That is to say, it is looks better with the checkmark off.

IF you are looking for all the gadgets you have at your access in Camtasia, do it better in post! ;) :smirk: I was thinking that it would make keyboard shortcuts easier if we had some kind of plugin to let us show what keys are pressed in a little 'interpreter' window, per se, so that it didn't have to be added in post. Sometimes I ferget what I pressed. ;)
It would be a boon to tute creators using VT.

Sorry guys, just never had a need to use it - thought it was something else altogether, but I guess I'm missing something here :stumped:

Wanna put together a quick tute on what to do ?

I need to capture some action from my client's website (for a how-to video) and use it on the timeline in the video.

Seems simple enough, but I'm out to lunch on this one ! :help:

ScorpioProd
06-05-2006, 08:07 PM
But you are saying your VT machine can't go to the website, and isn't networked to the computer that can, right?

Assuming those two cases are true, then VT's tools can't help you in this.

Jim Capillo
06-06-2006, 02:42 AM
But you are saying your VT machine can't go to the website, and isn't networked to the computer that can, right?

Assuming those two cases are true, then VT's tools can't help you in this.

Well, that's what I thought ~ and that's why I'm using Camtasia. I don't have the VT connected to the internet...... and won't. Call me paranoid, but I've had a "clean" machine for a long time due to the fact that all that internet crap isn't being deposited on the machine day in and day out.

Oh well, thought I was missing out on something. For the record, I did get Camtasia to play nice with VT by installing the codec that it uses for playback. The AVI's worked after installing. Quality is not pristine, but just passable after HQ and ISS is selected.

Thanks anyway !