PDA

View Full Version : Video + PowerPoint to Web Presentation

KenBennett
06-05-2006, 11:31 AM
:help: I've got several projects where the client has given a seminar using a PowerPoint presentation that was video taped. The video is of the speaker, not the slides on the screen. MS Producer seemed to be the tool of choice. But it really sucks. My question, what other programs are out there that are better than MS Producer?

Thanks for this slightly off topic question.

MBeck
06-05-2006, 12:37 PM
I am not really sure of what you are trying to do. Are you trying to make a web page that shows video with the slides from the powerpoint along with it?

wvp
06-06-2006, 06:56 AM
Ken, First off its not an "off topic" question - you created the topic!
If MBeck & I understand you - use VT4 to pull in your video of the speaker and use the vga capture utility in VT to grab the power point presentation (Complete with all the motions/effects)* or convert the power point slides into tga files. Assemble everything on the timeline (the speaker will need to give you some idea of when each slide needs to be shown) and then you can export the whole project into a WMV file for the web.

* I have found that capturing powerpoint presentations changes the overall timing of the presentation. You may need to make some adjustments on the timeline.

mcabery
06-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I just finished a project exactly like this. What I did was to put the Powerpoint presentation on one computer, along with IVGA and then set up IVGA as a switcher source. I switched back and forth between the camera and the powerpoint as if it was a live presentation with the switcher. Fortunately the powerpoint didn't have any animations as IVGA would not have handled them well on my low power setup, but it was quick and simple for sure. If anyone had walked into the studio at the time they would have thought I was nuts as I had each hand on a separate keyboard, one to switch the toaster and the other to advance the powerpoint.

The other best bet would be as mentioned above, render out the powerpoint slides....

fostep
06-07-2006, 05:53 AM
I've been trying to do this with no luck, since I've only been using VT4 for about 6 months now so I'm sure I just haven't learned my way around yet. Can this be done using one computer or do I need two one out and VT in? I don't have the speaker video just the powerpoint slides to make them into a video.

Thanks

jsanfilippo
06-07-2006, 06:09 AM
I've done this with HTML (video and slides side-by-side). Set up a frameset... and play the video in one side. You can embed URLs in windows media files (don't remember if it was wmv or asf - it was a long time ago)... then the url in the video calls an image (PPT slide) into the other frame beside the video. works slick!

like i said - it was a couple years ago... if you are interested in doing it this way, email me, and I'll look up the files and email you some details.

mcabery
06-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Sorry, I thought that you had the speaker video too. To do the IVGA thing would take two computers as far as I know, one to play the powerpoint and then the VT machine. You may be best off saving out the images as previously mentioned. Of course if they have any animations you won't get those...

ScorpioProd
06-07-2006, 10:44 AM
To use iVGA you would need two computers networked, but to do something like play PowerPoint on your VT machine and capture that, you would just use the VGA Capture utility.