PDA

View Full Version : I need help with displacement maps

blinblue
05-29-2003, 05:03 PM
I am doing a tutorial for making a fire ball http://earthwormjim.free.fr/baoum-tut/index.html , (note that you have to click the numbers near the top of the page to go from step to step). And on step 3 when I go set the image type to Procedual Texture the Texture Amplitude Envolope goes away. And in the tutorail it says that to us it.

I am sure this is a really newbie question, but I can seem to figure it out :(

Thanks in advance

Mylenium
05-29-2003, 11:44 PM
The thing you are looking for is called "Texture value". This is the same as amplitude. It has no envelope, however. To change it you need to modify it with gradients or use the layer opacity parameter.

Mylenium

blinblue
05-30-2003, 05:59 AM
Are you sure that is the only way, I have seen 2 explosion tutorials and all say to click the "E". Is it because the Mac version is different (I have the Intel one)? Or because I am not doing something right

meatycheesyboy
05-30-2003, 10:42 AM
I think the tutorial was written for LW 6.0 so some things may be different in 7.5.

blinblue
05-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Hummm, I wonder why they would take away a feature... Oh well, I guess I will have to find a different way to do it...

toby
05-30-2003, 10:10 PM
wow, this tutorial is older than 6.0, he has to fake a gradient with the Grid procedural!

You can crank up the Contrast on the procedural texture then envelope the Opacity of the layer