PDA

View Full Version : when?

Pe6r0
06-04-2006, 07:35 PM
I've read the FAQ about lightwaveV9 release date and it says really soon but has anyone in newtek said any specific dates?

The lore of faster renderings and easier more fluid openGL makes my spine tingle in unimaginable ways! I must HAVE IT!
I'm sure this has all happen to you too -> a trillion scenes done and no films to show because it takes 12 hours to render a frame :(

connerh
06-04-2006, 07:47 PM
I think Newtek has learned a hard lesson about naming dates...

But you could always preorder and get on the open beta, even though it's almost over.

mav3rick
06-05-2006, 07:47 AM
my advice for you is go for lw9 preorder and join beta .. why? caues 9 is already very stable and is usable in normal work enviroment. what will take some time to release is to get it polished up and personally i dont care if it will not be out b4 siggraph....

mjcrawford
06-23-2006, 06:29 PM
I fully understand NewTek’s wanting to be careful before shipping Lw9, but I must admit that it is rather frustrating that I paid for Lw9 over 6 months ago! My business does not allow us to use Beta software so I am stuck until it ships…

I guess that I would not be upset if the NewTek page was updated once and a while… when you click on ‘important news on Lw9’ it gives you information that is 4 months old! I am tired of reading that last Friday they announced that the open beta would start on February 14th!

ercaxus
06-23-2006, 07:37 PM
They said after the show at Siggraph last year but they didn't say which one :D

nerdyguy227
06-25-2006, 08:20 PM
yea I find thier many month old statements annoying too. Newtek doesnt like specific dates but you have to understand the size of the project. They should be a little more honest with themselves and us to at least give a small gray area of its release. For the past month it sounded like it could come out withen a week.

ShawnStovall
06-26-2006, 09:31 AM
I've read the FAQ about lightwaveV9 release date and it says really soon but has anyone in newtek said any specific dates?

The lore of faster renderings and easier more fluid openGL makes my spine tingle in unimaginable ways! I must HAVE IT!
I'm sure this has all happen to you too -> a trillion scenes done and no films to show because it takes 12 hours to render a frame :(

LightWave 9's perspective camera will turn that into 12 minuets!(Well maybe not that fast but it wont be 12 hours.)

peter66
06-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Maybe the current Newtek team are perfectionists to a fault? I mean cmon, I remember seeing LW9 "in action" 7 or 8 months ago! Just face it, it's still gonna crash heaps, everything crashes... except maybe photoshop(?)

badllarma
06-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Maybe the current Newtek team are perfectionists to a fault? I mean cmon, I remember seeing LW9 "in action" 7 or 8 months ago! Just face it, it's still gonna crash heaps, everything crashes... except maybe photoshop(?)

Well speaking as someone who has crashed photoshop :D

The beta is looking that stable some shops are already using it in full time production for paying gigs and I'm not talking a small 2 person shop like myself but one or two of the big boys.
It is very stable at RC 15. :thumbsup:

mjcrawford
06-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Well, all I can say is KUDOS to newtek for what looks to be a wonderful upgrade to a already great program :thumbsup: but anti-KUDOS for leaving the 'important info' link on their homepage giving you incredably outdated info :thumbsdow

I mean comon... if I were looking into buying Lightwave it would be a real turn off to hit that link! please! change the 'important info' or delete the link! I keep hitting it thinking "I am sure they updated it by NOW" But noooooooo! I love Lightwave... but sombody needs to be made aware of that link and kill it!!!!:bangwall:

andywright
06-29-2006, 02:48 PM
I agree...for what is supposed to be a mid to top range package in this market, it is important that the website gives the right impression. This information should be being updated monthly, even if only to indicate what release candidate they are up to and what features are now coded in.

5had0w
06-29-2006, 02:54 PM

yeh..=/

are you portuguese?

mjcrawford
06-29-2006, 04:22 PM
yeh..=/

are you portuguese?

WOW! that is off topic!:D

Bog
06-29-2006, 06:39 PM
*rummages through his notes*

Well. According to my insider's information here, straight from my secret source deep inside NewTek.... "Get out of the kitchen, it'll be ready when it's ready".

;)

peter66
06-29-2006, 08:12 PM
"Get out of the kitchen, it'll be ready when it's ready".

*nibble nibble*

*dies of starvation*

Bog
06-30-2006, 01:47 AM
*thoughtfully chews a bit of Release Candidate*

Open Beta. It's what's for breakfast.

;)