PDA

View Full Version : surface editor undos

faulknermano
06-03-2006, 10:34 PM
any new ground concerning undos, at least from the surface editor's point of view? just wondering. :)

RedBull
06-03-2006, 11:24 PM
*Sigh*

Yeah i remember LW 5.5+ surface previews, basically it was a vertical preview strip, that would update after every tweak of any surface.

So you knew you could make 5 mistakes or tweaks, without caring,
because just clicking on one of the vertical previews would restore it.
This made surfacing for more fun in 5.x days.

I think Nodal should of included a better preview or undo system like 5.6.
It would of been the perfect time to fix this issue.

While we are there, stop the Surface Editor from selecting the FIRST surface in the surface list, and ALWAYS default to the LAST SELECTED surface.
This is so seriously making my LW surfacing unenjoyable lately.

faulknermano
06-03-2006, 11:47 PM
While we are there, stop the Surface Editor from selecting the FIRST surface in the surface list, and ALWAYS default to the LAST SELECTED surface.

when i save my objects this always happens. yes, it's wee bit of a pain actually.

if scriptwriters could detect surface editor changes and have full control and acess over the surface editor, i'm sure an undo system could be had. :)

Karmacop
06-04-2006, 12:38 AM
What is wrong with the node editor's undo system? It works great for me.

lardbros
06-04-2006, 03:51 AM
This is so seriously making my LW surfacing unenjoyable lately.

:agree: :agree:

This is getting on my nerves too... i can't pinpoint when Newtek actually changed this, but it is extremely irritating!! Maybe it's one of those "features"?

Emmanuel
06-04-2006, 06:23 AM
I agree with everything, the 5.5 presets were better !!
Now, if VIPER only had image layers like the normal Imageviewer ://

mav3rick
06-04-2006, 06:45 AM
i think viper needs to be retired and replaced with fprime lite that has PREVIEW mode only implemented......

Emmanuel
06-04-2006, 07:12 AM
But Viper supports more shaders than fPrime...? And requires less RAM ?
I mean, fPrime can and should only be a temporary solution due to all its lack of support for third party things.
The true thing must come from NT and be in the LW core.