PDA

View Full Version : How do I set a transformation of the action of particles?

G the STAR
06-03-2006, 09:55 PM
How do I have particle emitter transferred in one scene like from explosed to falling down..? It seems like it just sets one kind of action in one whole scene. I couldnt just make it transfer from one kind of action to another kind of action in one scene. How can I make it transferred? By setting keyframe? I tried.

Tell how please. :-)

SplineGod
06-03-2006, 11:46 PM
If you use a partigon emitter you can freeze the particle position using save transformed. Im not clear though exactly what youre trying to do. :)

G the STAR
06-04-2006, 10:39 AM
How do I freeze the particles?

Ok, what I mean.. I dont know how to transfer from one kind of particles to another kind of action... Like.. I want particles to be explosed at first then falling down like raining in one scene. I tried to set different kind of action of particles in one scene. That is what I want.. So, how do I?

cobaltman
06-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Since you know how to make the explosion, at least you have that down pat. Check the Etc tab in the same properties box where you had set the explosion value. It is the next tab over. You will find a gravity setting in the Etc tab list. Set it to a negative value to make the particles fall downward. If you want the particles to float upward instead, use a positive value.

Don't worry. They will go outward as they should when exploding. After slowing down, they will begin to drop because of the gravity.:thumbsup:

I also heard that LW9 will have a neat, new particle ability. It had to do with motion paths or wind or something. This might help make more combinations possible. I definitely hope motion path is possible because I have some project ideas that could use it.

G the STAR
06-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Ok, really, I want to have more than two transformations in one scene. For example, at beginning, it exploses to come in the scene then falling down so like singing.. then next some kind of action like going into straight "pointing into you" then explose again, then "pointing into you" action, then falling down like in ryhtem.

I want to make this as a background of particles for me to sing with.

So, are you telling me that L8 might not be able to do this but L9 possibly could do? Awww?

UnCommonGrafx
06-06-2006, 04:37 AM
I must be missing it...

Why does this HAVE to be in one scene? You could have one explosion scene that:
- Leads to a rain scene
- Leads to "pointing into you"
- Etc.,

If you HAVE to have it in one scene, I would do it with a multiple of emitters and maybe just the one exploding emitter. Lotta options.

cobaltman
06-06-2006, 10:21 AM
So, are you telling me that L8 might not be able to do this but L9 possibly could do? Awww?

Yeah, that's right. Lightwave 8 and before is very limited in effort to what you are doing.

Ok, really, I want to have more than two transformations in one scene. For example, at beginning, it exploses to come in the scene then falling down so like singing.. then next some kind of action like going into straight "pointing into you" then explose again, then "pointing into you" action, then falling down like in ryhtem.

I can't confirm that motion path abilities can do something that complex, but it might. Keep your fingers crossed.

The idea that UnCommonGrafx gave might be the best thing to try with the emitters. Have the next emitter react to foreign particles as they hit it. Also have it erase the foreign particles hitting it so that they disappear as the particles of that emitter launch.

Not sure if that will help, but give it a try.

G the STAR
06-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Alright, actually, i planned to have particles keeping on going like from right to left then going in any direction in one scene. If I divide them in different scenes, it may look like cutting clips into a movie not one smoothing movie with particles that going in smooth transition from one action to one action. But yeah, since it is one option i can do. I will do that. I can try to blend it into like a smooth transition from one kind of action into another. :-) So, Thank you for letting me know about this. :-D I m going to work on this.