PDA

View Full Version : Moddeler view help for neebie

Bladewing51
06-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi all this is my first post, I was using my version of moddeler 8.5 I think and I clicked on something by mistake and I ended up with three of my four view screens disappearing on me. I tryed looking in the docs but I don't know where to start and the places I looked that I thought might have it don't can anyone help me get back all 4 of my working views.
Thanks
Paul

Emfrobia
06-03-2006, 04:57 PM
You clicked the little blue button at the top right of the screen, the one which a small triangle in it. This button lets you expand/un-expand your view. Hope this helped,
~Emfrobia

Bladewing51
06-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Yes it helped, I can finish my moddel now, that really freaked me out when that happened, I thought I was gonna have to reinstall the whole thing back to defualt. Thank you.:thumbsup:

THREEL
06-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Hey there Bladewing51,

Here's a little hint for you. You can also get one large view by placing your cursor in the desired view box, and hitting the 0 (zero) key on your numerical keypad on the right side of your keyboard. When you want to go back to your four views, just hit 0 (zero) again. This can come in real handy if you want to get up-close-and-personal with the model your working on.

How 'bout that!:thumbsup:

C U L8R! THREEL, but you can call me AL.:D

Original1
06-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Hey there Bladewing51,

Here's a little hint for you. You can also get one large view by placing your cursor in the desired view box, and hitting the 0 (zero) key on your numerical keypad on the right side of your keyboard. When you want to go back to your four views, just hit 0 (zero) again. This can come in real handy if you want to get up-close-and-personal with the model your working on.

How 'bout that!:thumbsup:

C U L8R! THREEL, but you can call me AL.:D
A couple more CTRL ALT leftmouse move will zoom in and out, in perspective view Alt mouse will rotate the view.

(btw anyone know a quick way to reset perspective view to what it was when you first loaded the object,you know when you have been twisting the view to get an angle to work on something and you want to go back to a "normal" perspective view )

And one that ready got me goimg this morning normal numbers 1 - 0 will switch layers (thought I had deleted a test object when in fact i switched layers)

geothefaust
06-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Original1, so far the best way I've noticed, and correct me if I'm wrong here, is to hold 'CTRL' while using the rotate window icon for the perspective window. It will move it along at perfect increments. Also, try hiding all your geometry and hitting 'A'. Doing both of those will get you close to what you're trying to do.

Hope this helps.

-Javis