PDA

View Full Version : Static & Sparklies over video!

skyytv
06-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Since I purchased VT[4], I've been having sparklies or static run over my live feed (on the Y component inputs). At times, when I switch I get static and no feed comes at all when I switch a couple of times, the feed comes back. What could be the problem? I'm using the SX-84 and the RS-8 switcher.

Cineman
06-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Carlos,

You could easily do a split here to ID it as an RS-8 problem or not, maybe without changing your hook-up. Switch with the keyboard (shortcuts), and see if that stops it. If not, I would disconnect the RS-8 and try the keyboard again. If the problem is gone from either way, then you know it is from the RS-8. Contact your tek support.

Not as concise, but something that I would do anyway, if the problem continued from the above, is disconnect the SX-84, and hook a camera straight to the VT. If you still have the problem, and trust your cabling as good, then you can suspect the SX-84.

Nes Gurley

skyytv
06-05-2006, 07:57 AM
Thanks, I'll try that and see. Is it a common problem?

Cineman
06-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Is it a common problem?
I have seen similar reports somewhere, sometime. I have not dealt with the problem personally. I just saw a way that you might split/test and possibly narrow down the problem area.

Nes Gurley

skyytv
06-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks, I'll try that and see. Is it a common problem?