PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

fulness
06-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Hello,
I am new to this community. I join this community seeking your help in making a decision concerning Lightwave. I am looking for a product that is easy to, inexpensive, that have a particle system for special effects, and something I can use with Bryce5.5 and Poser or import them into. I am a little familar with 3D Max6 but can afford the price. I like Bryce for building backgrounds but the animation is a different story. I haven't purchase this program net so I need your input.

Thank you for your help
:)

iDV8
06-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Well I think you've come to the right place for Light Wave supporters.
My take is that LightWave can do about anything you can imagine. Just take a look at some of the demo reels out there. It's powerful but it's also pretty cost effective, especially if you are using multiple computers.
I'm a hack with envy of what most of these guys can do but if you are looking for versitility and functionality... LightWave is a very good choice. :lwicon: :lightwave :goodluck: :I_Love_Ne :thumbsup:

This has been a paid endorsment by NewTek, thank you. :newtek:

:D

Wickster
06-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Welcome!!! You like Bryce? There is a special promotion right now for purchasing LW9. You get Vue 5 Infinite which is like bryce but with more control. Better think about it fast though cause the promotion ends on June 4th I think. Either way, LW9 is very powerful, fast and quite easy to pickup.

Importing Poser and Bryce files might require you to purchase plugins from other third parties but if you do get stumped about anything LW then this community right here is very friendly (most of the time :D) and very helpful.

Silkrooster
06-02-2006, 03:09 PM
You know how I made my mind up getting Lightwave? I watch a whole bunch of video tutorials and seeing the end result I was hooked. Especially the particle system called HV for Hypervoxels and the dynamics. Its just amazing at what can be accomplished. But the real seller is this community, it is one of few communities that I know of that is there ready to answer your questions when you really need it.
You will find several members here who also own Bryce or Poser so you will already have something in common with them.
In my signature you will find a links page that will point you to all kinds of tutorials, forums, plugins, etc.
Have fun,
Silk