PDA

View Full Version : Can interface colors be changed easily in 9?

PlasticPants
06-02-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm so glad to see you beta 9ers can finally speak of the new software.

Can the interface colors be changed in 9? In previous versions, changing colors was cumbersome and had unintended side effects, such as making certain things seem to disappear. Nearly every app I use on a daily basis allows this small level of personal convenience, and it seems as if it would be simple to implement. Lightwave's dark grey is hard to see with my aging eyes. The options I used to change colors in earlier versions were counterintuitive, difficult to perform, and often resulted in garish, unuseable color schemes.

Dodgy
06-02-2006, 11:04 AM
You can edit them in the hub, as well as inserting your own image for skinning the interface.

moc
06-02-2006, 12:23 PM
I did myself...

byte_fx
06-05-2006, 04:10 PM
But can you completely get rid of black on dark grey stuff?

Kurtis
06-05-2006, 06:36 PM
There are a lot more options in v9, but not everything is customizable, yet.

Personally, I'd pay money to be able to change the cursor color in Photoshop. I'm constantly losing track of the thing when I'm working on an image with a lot of gray in it.

Lamont
06-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Personally, I'd pay money to be able to change the cursor color in Photoshop. I'm constantly losing track of the thing when I'm working on an image with a lot of gray in it.It drives me mad... what was Adobe thinking?

toby
06-05-2006, 11:23 PM
It drives me mad... what was Adobe thinking?
That's apparently a Windows limitation, it's never been a problem on Macs. Found out on the Photoshop forums that it has something to do with what Windows uses for display - just when I was about to start 2 weeks of working on cement textures :bangwall:

Lamont
06-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I noticed this back when I had my B&W G3. Same versions of Photoshop, but 50% grey made the cursor invisable on the PC.

RedBull
06-06-2006, 04:13 PM
But can you completely get rid of black on dark grey stuff?

Yeah that's something iv'e wanted for ages too...

IZZE
06-06-2006, 04:58 PM
When my cursor is to small to see or is on a grey background I hit the left CTRL key real quick to turn the cursor into the move tool. It is not a complete solution but it helps.

mav3rick
06-07-2006, 05:22 AM
kurtis exactly same problem:)

JML
06-07-2006, 06:37 AM
I thought that in photoshop, the cursor would inverse the color where it is to be able to see it no matter where it is.

Edit : just checked, it doesn't do that..

SP00
06-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Wow, I'm really happy that Newtek is giving us the option to do this easily, especially using a texture to skin it.

SP00
06-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Hmm, I just played around with the skin tool, while it is fun, I only wish they would give us a little more control. Perhaps provide an image button next to each of the different types of buttons. Also, when I place an image for the button, I get some areas of the interface getting the button textures, when it shouldn't. I would also like to see some image options such as, Center, Stretch, and tile. This can solve some of the problems with using 1 image for different size buttons. It is a nice step in the right direction, but just a little more work would make it awesome.

T-Light
06-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Kurtis -

I'm constantly losing track of the thing when I'm working on an image with a lot of gray in it.
Amen.

Aside from the photoshop annoyance, greys are good, greys are for colour balance, in an ideal studio you should have grey walls etc (apparently). It's all down to the way human eyes percieve colour in different situations. I'd always presumed LW (like photoshop) was taking this into account.

toby
06-11-2006, 07:40 PM
I tried use images for the interface, and Lightwave began to crash every time I started it up. Deleted the images and config files, no good. Had to reinstall.

Anyone else had this (on OSX)? I'd attempt it again if I knew it was an isolated case.

moc
06-12-2006, 12:42 AM
you better don't use a heavy pic.........

BazC
06-12-2006, 01:58 AM
I tried use images for the interface, and Lightwave began to crash every time I started it up. Deleted the images and config files, no good. Had to reinstall.

Anyone else had this (on OSX)? I'd attempt it again if I knew it was an isolated case.

It's a bug, I don't think anyone has this working on OSX