PDA

View Full Version : where has all the grass gone?

Pe6r0
06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
someone smoked all the grass or I'm doing something wrong with Saslite... :help:

Im doing a scene that requires numerous saslite surfaces, which isnt a problem... I did the each one (object properties--> deform --> saslite) and then turned on saslite on pixel editors (?) on processing tab.. Great grass everything fine but since Im still doing test renders (working up textures settings and such) I decide to turn saslite off (just click the check mark on the processing tab) and worked throu the rest of my scene.. After I did this I turned saslite back on again and no grass on sight... I've tried removing the pixel editor one and putting it on back again but no grass shows up on final rendering (but the saslite calculations ARE made)...

It's a very important scene and I reeeally can't restart it since it took me ages to put it all together so my question is if someone else has had this sort of problem before or knows of any lightwave options that might conflict with saslite and somehow turn it off? I have the "lite" version o saslite btw.. dunno if it helps :(

Silkrooster
06-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Do you have anything transparent or HV in front of the grass? Grass will not render behind them.
Edit:I should add volumetrics to the list
Silk

Pe6r0
06-01-2006, 08:41 PM
ths for the input :)

I had a volumetric light on top of grass :D just pushed up a little bit. :D

It did not occur to me that volumetrics could influence saslite :)

I still some very small HV particles that will pass by the grass, but they are too small to actually do any harm =)