PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Live Switching!!!

skyytv
06-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Hello,

I'm having problems switching live feeds on my VT[4]. I have an AMD A64 X2 3800+ (DualCore) PC with 2GB DDR RAM, an Nvidia GeForce 6600 LE with 256MBytes of RAM, SCSI arrays, SX-84 and the RS-8 switcher. I have eight Y component inputs connected to the SX-84. When I switch between the feeds I sometimes get static even though a signal is present. At times it happens randomly. What could be the problem???

rbartlett
06-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Not sure straight off and am just off to my slumbers. However my immediate thoughts remind me that there might be some mileage in you turning off any CPU-power-save features. I'd hope microsoft have patched this issue, but when one CPU is starting to get busy and the other CPU (or core) dwells, the power saving BIOS or low-level hardware control layer of windows can clock down both cores to be more environmentally friendly. Like I said it should be patched by microsoft by now, but it might only be fixed in Linux/OSX ;)

Otherwise try and determine if this is an input glitch or an output glitch. See if the issue happens with CG, DV-hose-inputs or DDR sources.

Is the gfx card desktop manager running (usually it shouldn't be)? Do you have the motherboard chipset drivers installed? Generic drivers, or brand of gfx card/motherboard?

What values did you get back from VT autoconfig about your system?
Please tell us more about what you have and try to break the issue down into the exact causes of the "static". Please define "static"? Does that mean white-noise as in a UHF tuner receiving no carrier/no-nothing? Or is this sparklies over video? I'm not sure if I can appreciate it without more said about it. The good news is that this seems like a repeat of a previous report.

skyytv
06-01-2006, 05:34 PM
I don't have the nVidia Control Panel thingy running and I certainly have all my motherboard chipset drivers installed. Its a fresh Windows XP install with Service Pack 1.

I'm currently at home and will get to the office in about 4 hours time so I'll check out the VT autoconfig ASAP.

DDRs run fine and a single Y component feed (patched into the SX-84) works great but when I put two or more feeds then things start getting really funny. I'm talking the white-noise (like the ones in a UHF tuner!) and sparklies over video. I get the sparklies very, very often especially when switching between sources. But if its one feed (with a few DDRs) it works without a glitch.

I hope you can help me out here cos' this is really driving me crazy!!!