PDA

View Full Version : LightWave bundle offers temporarily extended

Kurtis
06-01-2006, 01:22 PM
We're overwhelmed!!

We didn't think it was possible, but your response to LightWave v9 has overloaded our systems. We have been processing online orders and answering phone calls virtually around the clock for the last 3 days and we're having trouble keeping up. An overwhelming number of folks are still contacting us asking for the special offer, so we've decided we will continue to take orders for a few days until we've taken care of the demand.

The LightWave v9/Vue 5 Infinite/LWCAD bundle offer will be available through Sunday, June 4th. Anyone who tried to access the special offers on the NewTek website this morning may return there now and place an order that will include these additional awesome pieces of software... along with your upgrade or full copy of LightWave v9. NewTek Europe is extending the offer through Sunday as well, so feel free to call their offices or purchase from their online store at http://www.newtek-europe.com.

On another note, I just want to thank this community for your incredible support of NewTek and the entire LightWave team. Your participation in the Open Beta program has been instrumental in making this the best LightWave we've offered in years. What's more, you've just helped us achieve record breaking LightWave sales over the last few days.... and, this is only the beginning!

Again, I offer a truly heartfelt thanks on behalf of the entire team.

Jay Roth
President NewTek 3D Division

P.S. For those of you who haven't made the leap yet... LightWave v9 truly is the best update in history... so, grab this special offer while you can, because after Sunday, it's gone for good.

mattclary
06-01-2006, 01:35 PM
we're having trouble keeping it up.

Hey man, take a nap. A little rest goes a long way. :thumbsup:

Celshader
06-01-2006, 01:49 PM
We're overwhelmed!!

We didn't think it was possible, but your response to LightWave v9 has overloaded our systems. We have been processing online orders and answering phone calls virtually around the clock for the last 3 days and we're having trouble keeping up.

Sounds like a great problem to have! Glad you're extending the offer for the few folks who couldn't get through. :thumbsup:

Earl
06-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Glad to hear it's selling so well! I must admit, I'm more excited about this release than I have been about any other.

js33
06-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Glad you extended it. I was really on the fence with this upgrade and waited till the last minute. I tried to access Newtek and Spinquad last night and both were down. So I figured I missed out so thanks for the extension.

Cheers,
JS

Jirapong
06-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Just as I expect!

I bought LW 6.5 when it had promotion $995 from $2500. Three months later the full price went $1295 (if I remember correctly). I upgraded to 7.5 for $495 with no deal and after that the full price went to $795. I upgraded to 8.0 and got DFX+ for nothing as Mac user. After that LW had bundled Vue that is more useful for me but I was not qualify because I pay Newtek earlier.
It id a lesson to learn. I turn down upgrading to 9 with Vue bundle, because I think Newtek will bundle more when they can not make a sell, particularly when comparing to new emerging software in the market. I waited until LW9 upgrade bundeled Vue and LW CAD and they said it will end at May 31st.
Of cause I didn't pay attention becasue I expected that Newtek will not make good sell and they will extend the deal. Well, I am still not going to pay any for that because I think LW will bundle more after 9 is out. Yeah, thedeal will disappear for a while, but will be back agin with better deal late, and better when Newtek announce LW 10, that is not going to be much better than what LW now.
I did pay $800 at least for the upgrade and did not any better LW that worth my money at all.
So, I will wait and might drop LW becasue the sell adtitute in bundling and making good deal, but not making better software that attract users.

Newtek will com with better deal later. Anyone want to bet?

Celshader
06-01-2006, 07:40 PM
I turn down upgrading to 9...

I am sorry to hear that you did not upgrade to LightWave 9. I have used LightWave since version 5.0, and LightWave 9 is the biggest upgrade to LightWave I have ever seen.

Tesselator
06-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Just as I expect!

Hehehe.. well if they follow my advice their next bundle will be a ten cent
key-ring, a tree-branch sling-shot, and a pocket full of marbles. Personally
I would rather have Vue but that's just me. :D

BusyWolf
06-02-2006, 12:09 AM
:stumped: If v9 is out now do I get my free upgrade now and do I contact newtek or the supplier I got 8.5 with free upgrade to 9 from?

js33
06-02-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm curious now too. I just purchased the LW9 upgrade from Spinquad. If this offer is extended for only 4 more days does that mean LW9 will be officially released in 4 days or will I have to signup for the beta program to use LW9?

colkai
06-02-2006, 03:13 AM
I turn down upgrading to 9 with Vue bundle, because I think Newtek will bundle more when they can not make a sell

Warra mistaka to maka. :p

So, I will wait and might drop LW becasue the sell adtitute in bundling and making good deal, but not making better software that attract users.

So basically, your saying you bought something, it went down in price so you think you're hard done to and are going to drop LW as a result.

Err, I bought a camera 12 months ago for 500 quid, it's now only 350, doesn't make it any less powerful.

If you don't want to use LW or upgrade, that indeed is your perogative, but don't try to colour your post with suggestion and inference.

The fact that Kurtis and the team are overrun with orders has little to do with folks wanting Vue5I and a lot to do with peoples observations on LW9.

(Though I'll grant, LWCAD is a serious sweetener. :) )

..Oh, and no, I don't think for one minute this deal can be bettered, even if it is, Newtek tend to have a habit of rewarding all upgraders, not just those who come into the game late.

colkai
06-02-2006, 03:14 AM
I'm curious now too. I just purchased the LW9 upgrade from Spinquad. If this offer is extended for only 4 more days does that mean LW9 will be officially released in 4 days or will I have to signup for the beta program to use LW9?
My guess is the latter, but trust me, it's well worth doing, ask pretty much anyone who has. :D

Wonderpup
06-02-2006, 04:44 AM
Extending offers is a Newtek tradition, so why break it now?

I first got involved with lightwave during the 'dark time' of the lux split, and things were looking grim there for a bit- but I'm feeling more positive about lightwaves future now than ever before- V9 even in beta just feels like a much sleeker beast than it's predecessors.

cresshead
06-02-2006, 06:34 AM
i upgraded from onevide.net so do i still get the lwcad?
'm thinking i do cause it'll be linked to the registration which is on newtek eurpoes site...

confirm?

colkai
06-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Should do becaue I upgraded from them and the LWCAD came along after that.

pauland
06-02-2006, 09:39 AM

What are you buying LW for? The best deal or to actually use it?

If you want to use it, buy it, if you don't want to use it, don't buy it no matter how good the deal.

The LW deals do tend to change and what you may consider the best deal others may consider inferior to the current deal. So what?

Celshader
06-02-2006, 12:15 PM
What is that, PROMOTION EXTENDED?, or Lightwave 9 delayed for another 3 months, looks more like it.

If LW9 was delayed for another 3 months, they would have extended the promotion for another 3 months.

The promotion is extended only for another 3 days. Looks like LW9's coming out sooner rather than later to me.

pauland
06-02-2006, 12:15 PM
I stated 9 months ago that LW9 will be delivered after siggraph, and they banned my account!.

..they didn't do a very good job then.

mattclary
06-02-2006, 12:24 PM
I stated 9 months ago that LW9 will be delivered after siggraph, and they banned my account!.

I think your crystal ball is broken, Nostradamus.

Since the NDA has been lifted, i think I am Ok to say that we are working with release candidate 2. Pretty sure 9 will be available sooner than 2 months.

T-Light
06-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Cresshead

'm thinking i do cause it'll be linked to the registration which is on newtek eurpoes site...

confirm?

Just sold someone on the offer the other day from OneVideo (Tuesday), he recieved the disks but is waiting confirmation from Newtek Europe so he's in the same boat.

Don't worry, You're not going to lose LWCad, Newtek is on the case, rest assured, :)

ps proof is in the pudding - that's why they've extended the offer :)

cresshead
06-02-2006, 04:02 PM
cool! good news!

hey..re vue there's a dvd/cdrom training video out somewhere for lightwave/vue users..anyone have a link to that?

Penforhire
06-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Pauland, I guess it depends on your perspective. I'm a new Lightwave user precisely because the latest bundle hit a sweet spot at the same time Caligari was trying to hurt me to upgrade TrueSpace. I haven't been on the Newtek ship long enough for an opinion on their strategies but IMO Caligari dropped the ball hard on the price of their latest upgrade (with V-Ray renderer) versus this bundle.

As a CG hobbyist I could never justify the jump upward from tS. When I weighed Newtek's latest offer I found it was one I could not refuse. Having worked my way through Dan Ablan's excellent primer, Inside LW 8 (Dan, you've got some typos...), and now working through some Kurv videos (a big "thank you" goes out to Larry Schultz & Gerald Abraham) I am already not looking back.

Anyway, IMO Newtek's current offering is very competitive to users like me right now. Now the freakin' dongle annoys me (c'mon, it doesn't stop the crack-monsters) but...

pauland
06-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Penforhire, great that you're aboard.

I think Newtek is offering a great deal and it's certainly tempted you. I wasn't suggesting that it was a bad deal. My comments were about someone suggesting not buying LW now in the hope of a better deal coming along in the future, which may or may not happen, but if you are using LW and can use a better LW, then it doesn't make sense to me to keep defering buying decisions in the hope of an improved deal. You may just end up kicking yourself later..

That said, newtek always seem to have a good deal going around siggraph, though whether it'll be as good as the current deal is another matter.

Have fun.

T-Light
06-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Funy isn't it, if I had to recommend a time to jump on the Newtek band wagon it would have been two years ago with the dfx deal, $2500 worth of free software (and worth every penny IMHO)

Truth is, it's only any good if you want or need it, I SO needed it, Vue by contrast isn't something I needed, LWCad on the other hand is something that interested me.

Each to there own, We'll all feel we've been had by the snake oil salesman at some point.

My opinion - BE AWARE, THEN GRAB IT WHEN YOU WANT IT AND S*D THE CONSEQUENCES :)