PDA

View Full Version : Permanant Lightwave 9 Liscense

Emfrobia
05-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Hey everyone, i just downloaded Lightwave v9 Beta and when i opened it said that i had a temporary liscense and had only 3 days remaining. I have a pre-purchased upgrade to LW v9, which came with the LW 8.5 version. Does anyone know why this is happening, and how i can get a permanent licsense? Thanks so much,
~Emfrobia

DragonFist
05-31-2006, 07:15 PM
No permanent licenses yet. There should be a new S/N for you at register.newtek.com or coming in E-mail if you are europe to give you more days for the Release Candidate downloads.

We'll get permanent ones with the final version.

I think the reason they are doing this (or at least a reason) is it will help later when the final retail version is released. Customer support won't have to deal with 100's of people trying to run a beta version trying to get support on it. The permanent license, of course, won't work with any beta versions.

KillMe
05-31-2006, 07:18 PM
should have an email with a sn wthat will give you license till the end of june

csquared63
07-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Will I get another license key soon?

-Carl

csquared63
07-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Ah yes, got it. I returned to the registration screen and noticed since I registered the newest beta the license key changed. 15 more days!

-Carl

Edbittner
07-02-2006, 05:35 AM
Very cool Newtek.
E.

kjhentermedia
07-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey everyone, i just downloaded Lightwave v9 Beta and when i opened it said that i had a temporary liscense and had only 3 days remaining. I have a pre-purchased upgrade to LW v9, which came with the LW 8.5 version. Does anyone know why this is happening, and how i can get a permanent licsense? Thanks so much,
~Emfrobia
Seems as if the same thing has happened to me. I'm a Newbie...and have Lightwave 8.5. However the program seems to let me know that my license has expired. Which isn't true, since I've purchased the full version back in March.

Wade
07-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Seems as if the same thing has happened to me. I'm a Newbie...and have Lightwave 8.5. However the program seems to let me know that my license has expired. Which isn't true, since I've purchased the full version back in March.

There should be a new S/N for you at register.newtek.com

:hey:

manholoz
07-08-2006, 01:02 AM
There should be a new S/N for you at register.newtek.com

:hey:

And if it still says the license is expired, you can edit the license.key with a text editor, and erase the line with the old licence entry, etc etc.

mnemonicimage
07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
My temp license has expired. The serial number that have in my registration gives me the same license key? Was I suppose to be emailed a new serial number? Where do I go now?

Kurtis
07-10-2006, 06:01 PM
The current Open Beta temp keys should be good through Saturday. If you are having problems, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-862-7837 between 9:30am and 5:30pm CST M-F.

Helmi
07-11-2006, 07:20 AM
I asked at Newtek for longer License Key, because when mine expires, I am in Holiday in Croatia with no way going online, but whith my notebook I would like to test some scenes, descover the new possibilities of the nodes etc.. They denied, because the final Version would come soon. Tomorrow morning I will go and I have a Key for 5 days.

I think I could change the date of MY NOTEBOOK, could'nt I ? It's MY NOTEBOOK !!!!!

Kurtis
07-11-2006, 07:25 AM
It is unfortunate that you will be in a situation that allows you absolutely no internet access, but Customer Service is not able to issue extended keys to individuals. They system can only issue new keys to everyone at once. If that is called for, it will not happen until the current temporary keys expire.

Earl
07-11-2006, 07:44 AM
I think I could change the date of MY NOTEBOOK, could'nt I ? It's MY NOTEBOOK !!!!!
Yes, changing your system clock to a month ago will give you a full month of extra time. :thumbsup:

In your situation, that is exactly what I would do.

nerdyguy227
07-11-2006, 10:08 AM
"Your temporary license key has 90 days remaining."

This is the farthest I can go back (april 18th) without it running in discovery.