PDA

View Full Version : A short comedy movie

DiedonD
05-31-2006, 06:20 AM
Hi guys

I have this short comedy movie. The very first ever scene, that berely came out right for a beginner. Id like to share it with you, but dont know how I could download almost 460MB. And I doubt that this forum can handle that, so far I only saw as much as 5MB. So could you tell me how to do that, so I could download you my short movie. Thanks.

DiedonD
05-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Actually!!! I just Zipped it, it came out 100MB !!! I never thought Zipp could take off that many of MB's. :stumped:

I dont have a site of my own to show you the movie also.

gerry_g
05-31-2006, 02:15 PM
If you ftp'd it to your personal web space ( though you don't have a site your isp provides you with around 50-100MB's of personal space), you could paste a link on the forum to allow downloading, but at 100MB Zipped it's a tad large, If on the other hand you wanted to host it and stream it from your personal web space you need to adjust the frame size and compress it with an suitable codec for the purpose, this would require putting it through an editing package of some sort, or using a simple utility such as QuickTime Pro, or even iViewer which is able to generate the HTML Page and place everything in a single folder ready for uploading.

Meaty
06-01-2006, 07:47 AM
hey friend... i would be glad to host your movie for you for a few weeks

let me know, and i will set you up with your own ftp and subdomain on my webspace

[email protected]

DiedonD
06-03-2006, 03:30 AM
Thanks alot Meaty, im so glad you stepped in.

For my community Im pleased to tell that Meaty has my first zipped short movie comedy on his domain which is cgtalents.net, which I find quite an attractive name myself. And the link will be available very soon. Possibly today.

If im not around while the link is presented heres some background. The origin of the character came to me, when while driving with my car taking my son to Jr school. Upon driving a lady opened the cab door and it scratched my car removing the blue color with a yellow cab color. And she was saying "Im so sorry, so sorry" and as if she was saying "Please understand me, Im in a hurry, sorry" while she was still scratching the cab door on my car. She was still harming me, and aplogizing over it. I got so frstrated, that I just moved on and drived, was too late for school and she was a lady anyway. But the ordeal fascinated me, so even though she was a lady, my character came out as something completely different for some unknown X reason, you'll see. Hope you enjoy it, thats what it was made for :thumbsup:

Regards
Diedon

DiedonD
06-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Finally the link became available. Hope you enjoy :thumbsup:

http://diedond.cgtalent.net/Sympathy-or-apathy.zip

Cheers

Diedon

pat-lek
06-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Can' t unzip the file on my mac...

DragonFist
06-05-2006, 03:20 AM
Neither can I on my PC.

DiedonD
06-05-2006, 03:55 AM
It cant be unzipped in the end ironically. After all that download in the end it doesnt opens. Allow me to take a look at the problem. Sorry abuot that :(

nerdyguy227
06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
hmm. I cant even get the link to work. Try reziping/uploading?

DiedonD
06-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Finally heres the link. And it works, cause I downloaded it myself just so theres no frustrations anymore. Sorry that it took so long, but finally is here.

Special Thanks to Chris (Meaty) who offered me his domain AND made the file downloadable more quicker. Your OK buddy :thumbsup: we'll keep in touch :)

http://diedond.cgtalent.net/Sympathy-or-Apathy_divx.avi

Hope you enjoy it :)

BusyWolf
06-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Finally heres the link. And it works, cause I downloaded it myself just so theres no frustrations anymore. Sorry that it took so long, but finally is here.

Special Thanks to Chris (Meaty) who offered me his domain AND made the file downloadable more quicker. Your OK buddy :thumbsup: we'll keep in touch :)

http://diedond.cgtalent.net/Sympathy-or-Apathy_divx.avi

Hope you enjoy it :)
UUUUMMMMM Don't work for me on PC. The player comes up the progress bar moves as if playing all the way but no video! Quick time updated yesterday 6/6/06

DiedonD
06-08-2006, 01:12 AM
UUUUMMMMM Don't work for me on PC. The player comes up the progress bar moves as if playing all the way but no video! Quick time updated yesterday 6/6/06

Other than maybe you have tried downloading it on a unlucky bad day of 666, I dont know what could be the problem :) .
I dont know how I could help you with that. I barely managed to put the file in Meaty's domain. Perhaps Meaty could hava a better say on this.

Seriosly though, does anyone else has this problem??

Has anyone downloaded it by now at all??

Any comments? Did I get the all important laughter?

Some feedback please :hey:

Regards
Diedon

nerdyguy227
06-08-2006, 04:58 AM
It worked for me

Good work, no sound?

DiedonD
06-08-2006, 07:41 AM
It worked for me

Good work, no sound?

I went through H E L L L to make his lips move the way I wanted to. The keys were becoming alive on their own the moment I keyframed the first letter. And of course words have too many letters, so you can imagine how I tried to keep most I could on their place.

Its funny, but why is that actually? Why wont the morphs become active only when you activate them, and stay the heck there where youve put them.
I wanted to try Mimic the demo version but got stuck on CFG files or so, didnt understand where to get them. I addedd voice, added text and then the other stuff wasnt all that clear.
But it was real pain to keep morphs on their place. They all moved wither on the positive or negative axes, interacting with each other, and whats worse moving in slowly and staying at extreemes for most of the movie.
I shouldve dealt with the Mimic problem better. You guys know wny tutorials for Mimic?

DragonFist
06-08-2006, 08:50 PM
The humor was lost on me, I think mostly because of the timing. By the time the "punch line" comes it feels too long.

The is a something, I gues a point of style, that works for me, though, and I can see how it would have gotten a laugh.

I'd work out some sort of voice over and time it to that. (Lip sync, that'll be fun.)

Also, for me the low poly aspect doesn't work. Try sub-patching the model. You'd still have the stylized look but it would be more organic looking.

Anyhow, I am sure you put a lot of work into it and you made a completed animation. That's more than many can say. And at risk of upsetting some that will remain nameless, keep it up! :D