PDA

View Full Version : "Not enough memory for image processing."

Surrealist.
05-30-2006, 06:43 PM
I am doing an image that is 5400 x 5400 (an 18 by 18 print at 300 res) there is not much in the scene, two objects and, well quite a few lights. I reduced the segment memory down to 256k and I still get the error at the end of the render and then the render is lost.

I have 2 gigs ram running Win Xp. Any ideas? I know this has come up before but I can not remember the solution.

Thanks in advance

Celshader
05-30-2006, 06:55 PM
I am doing an image that is 5400 x 5400 (an 18 by 18 print at 300 res) there is not much in the scene, two objects and, well quite a few lights. I reduced the segment memory down to 256k and I still get the error at the end of the render and then the render is lost.

I have 2 gigs ram running Win Xp. Any ideas? I know this has come up before but I can not remember the solution.

Thanks in advance

I get that when running Vector Blur on 2K images. Do you have an Image Filter applied to the scene?

Surrealist.
05-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks for responding Jen,

No vector blur. I am usuing an ambiant occlusion filter on all of the surfaces though. Think that might be it?

Integrity
05-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Just a guess...do not use the Image Viewer (FP or not) if you're using it. Save the render to hard disc from the Render Options.

adrian
05-31-2006, 02:02 AM
What kind of images are you using? JPG? If so, this could be your problem. See my latest post in the thread that I created a while back "need help - render problems"... I have posted a PDF that Ben Vost sent to me when I had a scene that had memory problems.

Also don't do an F9, do an F10 - that way the image is saved directly to your hard drive.

Surrealist.
05-31-2006, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I am saving to the HD, but it is not getting that far. Just after it is done rendering it gives the error message and fails to write the file.

I have dissabled the Amb Occ and am using radiosity instead. Going to try that and see if it works.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Surrealist.
05-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Just a guess...do not use the Image Viewer (FP or not) if you're using it. Save the render to hard disc from the Render Options.

I think image viewer or even turning off the render display - I did both - was the ticket.

Thanks!

adrian
05-31-2006, 03:45 PM
Probably a stupid question, but how do you turn off the render display completely?

Celshader
05-31-2006, 03:59 PM
...how do you turn off the render display completely?

Open up the Render Options panel.

Set the "Render Display" drop-down list to "(none)"