PDA

View Full Version : Dumb SpeedEdit & VT5 questions

maddogmike
05-30-2006, 09:27 AM
1) Is SpeedEdit the new name for TED?

2) If not, do you get TED and SpeedEdit with VT5? What's the difference?

3) I don't use Lightwave and Aura. If I buy SpeedEdit for $495 (http://www.newtek.com/speededit) instead of the more expensive upgrade to VT5, what will I miss out on?

4) Will SpeedEdit/VT5 open my old VT3 TED project files?

5) What's the price for an upgrade from VT3 to VT5?

badllarma
05-30-2006, 09:47 AM
The below are from my own understanding only

1) Yes
2) See above
3) Depends if you do live swtiching or want to eventually I suppose, unless there are some nice tools for VT 5.0 which we do not know about yet :) we will not really know until release
4) Don't know
5) Well I'm in the UK and just upgraded from VT 2 to 4.6 (lightwave 7.5 as I already have a full LW seat) including upgrade to VT 5.0 when it comes out for just over 400.00 which IMO is WELL worth the money. :thumbsup: :newtek:

Zane Condren
05-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Mike please give me a call at 210-370-8204 or send your phone number to [email protected]

rbartlett
05-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Another Brit chipping in:

3) It is intended that SpeedEDIT won't have support for the VT card, SDI or SX8/SX84. Or at least this is what has been said thus far. SpeedEDIT-VT will however have this functionality.

I've read that SpeedEDIT is a quite comprehensive drains-up rewrite for significant GUI and engine elements of VT-Edit (TEd). However, even though this is great news from a progression perspective, it wouldn't be a total surprise if VT-Edit is provided or if it re-appears. (c.f. TMPGEnc 2.5 / TMPGEnc 3). That would be a bit of a first for NewTek, but who knows at this stage ?

5) VT[5] upgrades will upgrade even the very early major releases!