PDA

View Full Version : Something's wrong with the reflection.

cobaltman
05-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of these strange, sparkly specks in the reflection? There is no specularity on the lips, so there shouldn't be any specks in the reflection.

Yeah, I know, it's a goofy picture.:D Just a quick pic I made for the desktop background.

toby
05-30-2006, 12:03 AM
You'll have to tell us the properties of those surfaces if you want us to diagnose it properly, but anti-aliasing might clean it up. It'll make everything else look better too -

Sarford
05-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Nice surface of the puppet by the way, looks like crumpled tinfoil

cobaltman
05-30-2006, 10:30 AM
I have already checked the properties of the surfaces to make sure they are right. Thanx anyway.:)

By the way, I have been trying different things and I remembered something mentioned in another thread somewhere. I went into modeler and tried tripling the polygons (helps non-planars often). It did the trick.:thumbsup: As for anti-aliasing, I did that after cleaning up the problem. I usually do that for the final picture.

Thanx for the compliment, Stanford.:D I'm sure you guys know what it is supposed to be (it's definitely obvious).

By the way, here is the finished pic if you want to use it for desktop. If you want it in a different picture format or resolution, let me know. It is BMP and JPG at 1024x768. It is set to medium anti-ali and the puppet has been moved to the right a little since desktop icons are usually on the left.