PDA

View Full Version : problems loading scripts

ijoer316
05-29-2006, 01:19 PM
:help:

I have Lightwave8.5. When i try to use certain plugins i get an error. A pop-up message shows up on my screen that says "Error: Custom operation failed. Cannot load external plugin file <path to plugin>"

The file I was try to load this time was the sizer.ls plugin (Absolute size tool)

But i have seen alot of tools do this.

What should I do?

ijoer316
06-04-2006, 03:56 PM
so noone has ever encountered this problem on a PC?

I have Lightwave8.5. In model when i click to open certain plugins i get the above error (see my previous post).

I also can't set images as the background for my viewports. I click the load image, find a .jpg, png, psd, whatever and try to load it. It never loads into the options. Is there a place that i need to store my images for Lightwave to know to load them?

evenflcw
06-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Both issues point to that you have not installed your plugins properly. Open up the Edit Plugins panel and Scan your plugins directory! After that pick default menus and keys or load your own menus and keys from within the Configure Menus and Configure Keys panels respectively. This step is really only necessary if something is currently missing from the menus/keys, which is probable in your case.

ijoer316
06-07-2006, 05:45 PM
that did the trick...Thanks!