PDA

View Full Version : Your actual favorite song

StereoMike
05-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Inspired by the "what do you hear while doing 3D" thread, I thought it could be interesting, if people post songs they like and of which they think they would probably give others an entry to a new genre.

I'll start with my two actual favorite songs:

Jose Gonzales - Crosses
-That's the guy who sung the song from the sony bravia ad.
Just his guitar and his voice.

Royksopp - What else is there
-There are different versions on the single, normal version is downtempo, the Jacques Lu Cont mix is upbeat, but both are good)
Electronic "pop" music, nothing groundbreaking, it just sounds very nice.

Now let's see what you got up your sleeves!
I hope to see some insider tips of fine music :)

Mike

hrgiger
05-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Hmm, don't know if I have a favorite song per se....

A few of my top picks...

Curve- Polaroid

Prodigy- Smack my b*tch up

Tears for Fears- Mad World

tyrot
05-28-2006, 08:13 PM
dear mike

(another nice thread)

probably my fav.s "working hour ...tears for fears ..songs from the big chair"

Ralph Vaughan Williams' Symphony 5 (Lento) (same tune was in also his mighty Pilgrim Progress opera. If you didn't listen earlier go and get it .I guess Richard Hickox conducted a newer version, there must out from Chandos. I had old one. After crazy funky Italian Operas, Vaughan Williams' music and Bunyan's words come together for ultimate Opera. If you don't like it, I can send you money :) you can send me the CD:) A great British Opera.

Bruckner 8th symphony (all movements)+(beginning of 6th symphony is amazing also..and of course unfinished 9th's first movement..I still wonder how did he compose that..I mean how a person can get those tunes and connect them like a web. I lost my months on it. Just unearthly music.)

And Jean Sibelius' mind bending 2th symphony's "finale " movement. I CAN'T THINK any better ending for a symphony, his technic of merging and recalling the tunes, unmatched. I have listened almost everything in classical, i have never heard any better conclusion for a music piece.

Also Gustav holst's "hymn of Jesus" (amazing) + Planets

ALmost every song in The Cult's legendary master piece "Sonic Temple." Still in my car...

And also a bit harsh but "Sabbat's Dreamweaver" is an amazing lyrical feast ..music was so good at those days. I cant pick one song, because everysong is connected.

BTW when you say the songs are connected there are pretty nice songs from King Diamond as well:) Especially The EYe and Them.

And of course probably Depeche Mode's Home, Black's Comedy Album (whole songs) and when i am in love (usually i am in love) A-HA's summer moved on.

Did i say i like this thread:)

Probably you will be Surround-THX mike after this thread:)

BEST

Lord Snarebotto
05-29-2006, 12:16 AM
The only way for me to presume to introduce you to something new, would be to introduce you to something I'm sure you've never heard before:

We'll start you off with a little number I've composed called Siren Song (http://www.lordsnarebottom.com/audio/SirenSong2-28.mp3)©W.T.Anderson Jr./Naked Hoof Music. Elad Fish plays drums, Ian Rushton plays piccolo, and I play the other instruments and do the vocals.

Next, I have a song called Beyond The Shore (http://www.lordsnarebottom.com/audio/BeyondTheShore-preview.mp3)©W.T.Anderson Jr./Naked Hoof Music. Again, Elad Fish plays drums and I play piano, bass and guitars and sing the vocals.

These are just two of the songs I'm working on for my new CD.

Cheers.

StereoMike
05-29-2006, 04:42 AM
@Snarebotto
The right music for a candlelight dinner :)
I am impressed seeing guys like you and Tyrot making real music, something I never adopted.
I love music nonetheless, but I had to stay with listening to it :)

btw. smack my b*** up is real cool to listen to, if you need that extra adrenaline kick (hehe while driving)

Mike

*off to get my hands on Jean Sibelius symphony*

Signal to Noise
05-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Songs listening to currently:

David Usher - Black Black Heart (simply rocks and great vocals)

Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On (amazing voice and the guitars pull off some heavy notes)

The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Anenome The greatest band that never became "great". An excellent introduction into the "Indie" scene. See the "DIG!" DVD if you get a chance.

colkai
05-30-2006, 04:46 AM
Total top song, whoo boy, that's near impossible to say.
Some of my "Right Up there" songs...

Def Leppard - Women (..ahh yah know, this IS my favourite)

Nickleback - How you remind me

Meatloaf - Life is a Lemon

... I'm gonna insist on that last one at my funeral :p

..and if we're tootin' or own horns, I love my instrumental track ..the name of which, for reasons known only to my poor ole synapsys, escapes me for the moment :p

EDIT: Ahh, found a Midi version I created of it .... 'Temperance'

pat-lek
05-30-2006, 06:26 AM
This one (Lightnin' Hopkins) is the best one for me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YA01YS0ksds&search=Lightnin%27
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eS818nex4GU&search=Lightnin%27
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uTLBj6qPOpI&search=Lightnin%27
(From the DVD "rares performances (a must *****)

His "hit": Mojo hand
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0tmZivSOl-Y&search=Lightnin%27
(From the DVD "Américan Folk Blues 1962/ 1966)

Hipcheck
05-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Black Label Society - Stronger Than Death
Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Motorhead - March Or Die

Just a small sampling...

newtekker04
05-30-2006, 08:41 PM
One word, one artist: Jamiroquai. Jamiroquai's music will make you move like you've never moved before. In that case, you may not get any work done.:) Hands down, my favorite artist of all time. Two songs you need to hear:

Dynamite
Canned Heat
(Don't) Give Hate A Chance

Be prepared to groove. You've been warned...

Matt
05-31-2006, 03:22 AM
Whoah too many to list, I have 11 solid days of music in my iTunes!

Last purchase on iTunes was Olivia Newton-John 'Physical'!

Went to an 80's night here in Leamington Spa (UK) and it sounded awesome played loud, had to buy it when I got back!

Check it out if you've not heard it in ages!

Last album I bought was Snow Patrol's 'Eyes Open', another great album from the Northern Ireland boys!

:D

adrencg
05-31-2006, 08:14 AM
Mayonnaise -- Smashing Pumpkins

Wickster
05-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Can't say I have an "All Time" favorite but for a song I don't mind listening to anytime it would have to be November Rain by Guns and Roses.

As for the songs I'm addicted to "at the moment"
Unleash the Worms by Brian Tyler (Children of Dune OST)
Thorn's Pass by Steve Burke (Kameo OST)
A New Journey by Toshiyuku Watanabe (Shenmue OST)
and
Ikaw by Regine Velasquez

StereoMike
05-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Great to see many of you contributing to the thread.
Would be cool, if you add a little something about the genre if it's an uncommon band. That will make it even more interesting :)

Mike

tyrot
05-31-2006, 04:32 PM
dear mike

after you listened Sibelius 2nd please tell your reactions. :) It may require a bit re-listening..and from the second movement you really have to listen it without any distraction. There is a salt lake hmmm 200 km away from my place when i go overthere, i listen this. It is real-time XMEN3's Lake Scene effect within your brain...

I recommend Euguene Ormandy conducts Philadelphia Symphony. I have almost 10 versions ...His version is best. From EMI - Butterfly Set.

BEST

StereoMike
06-01-2006, 02:42 AM
Hi Tyrot!
I listened to Sibellius 2nd yesterday and I it was really a fine symphony. For my pity I'm up to my ears in work, so I wasn't able to dedicate my focus to the compilation for a whole afternoon (what it deserves), but I will defintely do when I finish the current projects.
Right now I can only perceive it as background music, which works well, but that's not what it should be like ;)

Thanks for the great recommendations, Tyrot and all of you!

Mike

badllarma
06-01-2006, 06:49 AM
Ok well I could list thosands but heres a few of the best

Audioslave "Be Yourself" one of the best songs I've ever heard
Skid Row "Darkened Room"
Sterophonics "1000 Trees""
Faith No More "Epic"

Pavlov
06-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Blackfield - "Open Mind"
The Young Gods - "Summer eyes" (well not so new but always a masterpiece)
Interpol - "Take you on a cruise"
Nick Cave - "Abattoir Blues"
Kattoo - "Megrim" (Track 14)

Sorry too difficult to pick only one ;)

Paolo

geothefaust
06-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Much too difficult to pick one... So here goes.

Stones - As performed by George Oldziey
Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins (I can't name one song of this album! The whole thing is great!)
Les Folies d'Espagne - Marin Marais
Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
This **** will **** you up - Combichrist
U-Men - Front 242

Okay, I'm done. I'll just keep going if I don't stop. :p

Emmanuel
06-04-2006, 06:09 AM
You guys will laugh, but I "discovered" a song I would call the "song of a decade".Its "Simple song of freedom" by Bobby Darin ("Beyond the sea, Splish Splash, Mack the Knife, Dream Lover.."), and it was an anti-war song back in the mid sixties.
Doesn't get out of my head at all...the cool thing is: the CD it is on is the soundtrack for "Beyond the sea", featuring Kevin Spacey as the main character Bobby Darin.
And I can tell You guys: Kevin Spacey is da MAN, he can swing like any of the stars of swing, he has got a great voice and great timing.I love swing.

CrazyGiraffe
06-06-2006, 06:19 AM
I Usually listen to movie scores, (Batman Begins, Narnia, The Day After Tomorow, The Mummy, etc.)

It helps my animations to be more cinimatic. :lwicon:

tyrot
06-06-2006, 07:49 AM
dear crazygiraffe

then i recommend you music of final battle scene of DARK CITY. Amazing movie from Alex Proyas and the Music is just mind bending. I strongly recommend.

BEST

Hipcheck
06-06-2006, 07:54 AM
In honour of the day today...

Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden

\m/ \m/

tyrot
06-06-2006, 08:19 AM
dear hipcheck

nice one! hehe ..but i am still fan of Somewhere in Time..:)

BEST

flakester
06-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Good to see that us LWers have such a diverse taste amongst us!! :thumbsup:

A small selection of my faves....

Jupiter - Holst's Planets
Music for a found harmonium - Peguin Cafe Orchestra (From the Napoleon Dynamite soundtrack)
Lost art of keeping a secret - Queens of the stone age
Cochise - Audioslave
Ipacial section - Autechre (broken electronica)
Toccata and Fugue in D minor - JS Bach
Tour De France (Francoise K remix) - Kraftwerk
Sunday walking lady - Wally (old 70's hippy type laid back kinda folky)
Dayvan Cowboy - Boards of Canada (chilled electronica)

Man, I could go on for a loooooonnnnnng time!
Keep listening to the good stuff all!

flakester.

StereoMike
06-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Flakester, nice selection, though you named very different songs from very different genres, it's almost a selection I would make too. I see my own taste in your selection. Cool :)

Mike

tyrot
06-06-2006, 11:10 AM
dear flak

also kudos for Holst's - Jupiter. Middle part is amazing. Bathory (very old black-doom metal band) made a cover of it. you can find it in his twilight of the gods album.

BEST

flakester
06-06-2006, 11:33 AM
@Stereo: Yeah, we odd-bods are everywhere!! :p

@Tyrot: Nice, I will have look around for that tune, I'm always up for expanding my musical horizons. :thumbsup:

Cheers Dudes.

flakester.

Now, where did I put that 'best of Barry Manilow album'.......

StereoMike
06-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Never underestimate the power of Barry Manilow and a bottle of wine :D

Signal to Noise
06-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Never underestimate the power of Barry Manilow and a bottle of wine :D

Kinky!

StereoMike
06-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Perhaps it's the power of severall bottles of wine...

oDDity
06-06-2006, 03:53 PM
It's impossible to have a favourite piece of music, the best you can do is say what you current favourite is, mine being Liszt's transendental etude No. 11, since I've been listening to said genius a lot recently.

I utterly despise the putrid guts of modern popular culture.
Both art and music reached the their zenith in the second half of the 19th century.

art
06-06-2006, 04:41 PM
It's impossible to have a favourite piece of music, the best you can do is say what you current favourite is

I totally agree, I have no favourite band, nevermind a song. My fairly recent favourites include:

An Arrow From The Sun by Therion
Consign to Oblivion by Epica

Both fall under metal category with touches of classical and opera.

I utterly despise the putrid guts of modern popular culture.

Same here, that's why my musical tastes are deranged (according to my wife and most friends). I don't listen to classical that much but it is certainly on my OK list :)

art
09-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Consign to Oblivion by Epica

Just heard them live @ BB King in NYC yesterday. It made my day.

Andyjaggy
09-21-2006, 12:14 PM
I am really suprised to see how many times Gustav Holst "The Planets" came up on here, it is one of my all time favorites.

I agree Oditty, that for me at least it is impossible to say which is my favorite song. I could list a favorite song for the day perhaps. I am a music fanatic and love everything from Mozart to Metallica. Today I am into Les Miserables.

Ty Catt
09-21-2006, 12:25 PM
EASY!

Blue Monday by Orgy.

Never gets old.

And of course, the entire "Layla" album by Derek and the Dominoes.

Signal to Noise
09-21-2006, 12:39 PM
EASY!

Blue Monday by Orgy.

Never gets old......

WTF??? Orgy over New Order???? P-uh-lease....8~

Anti-Distinctly
09-21-2006, 02:55 PM
1979 by Smashing Pumpkins.
Reminds me of simpler times.

ShawnStovall
09-21-2006, 02:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixODz06dQEk

Just joking... :)

My favorite song is from the movie that's playing in that clip.

lilrayray77
09-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Wow, havent heard most of the music listed, but then I am still young and have much to experience. I have no favorite song but I shall list some that I very much enjoy:

Village of the Sun - Frank Zappa and the Mothers
Cheapnis - Frank Zappa and the Mothers
Desert Cities of the Heart - Cream
Tales of Brave Ulysses - Cream
Up To Me - Jethro Tull
Layla - Derek and the Dominos
When I was Young - The Animals
And lots lots lots more....

As many others have said, there are so many. I have nearly a week of music and in addition to that I have rhapsody.

Werner
09-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Nine Inch Nails - Something I can never have.

art
09-21-2006, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixODz06dQEk

Just joking... :)

My favorite song is from the movie that's playing in that clip.

this is my favorite song of today... and only today.
Who sings it anyway?

ShawnStovall
09-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Tiny Tim sings it. www.TinyTim.org

fyborg_1138
09-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Hmmm... Tiny Tim.

I tried to find the song in his discography and could not find anything linking him to it. I found the "artist" posted as SpongeBob SquarePants and the lyrics on a SBSP related site (http://members.outpost10f.com/~lindax/spongebob/spongebob%20lyrics/having%20a%20wonderful%20time.html). I'm thinkin' it is probably more likely a Tiny Tim sound-alike than Tiny Tim if it is indeed from SBSP.

I stand corrected...Tiny Tim it is.

I just checked out YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE4OSDjnrFo) and found it... The song is actually called "Living in the Sunlight, lovin' in the Moonlight"

MooseDog
09-21-2006, 07:58 PM
@ lilrayray: if you're young, what are you doing with such old folks music!!!! LOL! that list is what i grew up on as a teenager. (i saw zappa, clapton and tull live over the years) :agree: quality stuff.

these days, i'm listening to alot of ween:

baby *****
voodoo lady
piss on a rope
deaner
(all of chocolate and cheese album)

also:

pennywise, bad religion, nofx, 311

and thx to snarebotto for sharing his own art. :thumbsup:

lilrayray77
09-21-2006, 08:04 PM
@MooseDog: I guess I meant it more in the sense that I have not had much time to experience a wider range of music. I have never found the modern music all that appealing. My dad introduced me to rock (that is, good classic rock) and ever since, that is what i have enjoyed listening to.

THREEL
09-21-2006, 09:23 PM
If I told you what my favorite type of music is, the moderators would probably pull your thread. So, I must keep silent here.

Have a nice night!:D

THREEL

parm
09-22-2006, 04:49 PM
What a question.

There are at least 50 orchestral, operatic and chamber pieces, I wouldn't want to live without.

But seeing as this is specifically song related. It would have to be either 'Sweet Thing', 'Madam George', or 'Ballerina" from Van Morrisons' 'Astral Weeks' album

Absolutely anything by Dylan, Springsteen or Lou Reed

Bog
09-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Again, "What a question?"

But right now - here and now - it's "Welcome to the Machine" by Pink Floyd, from "Wish you were Here".

eidetiken
09-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Do audio books count? I get tired of fiddling with song playlist while modeling something. So I listen to audio books:

Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" Series: 11 books at almost 8gigs.
Robert Ludlum's "Bourne" Series: 4 books.
Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" Series: 7 books.
George Orwell's "1984"
anything by P.K. Dick
Roger Zelazny's "Amber" Series: 8 books (?)
Larry Nivens "Ringworld" Series: 4 books.
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Art of War: Sun Tzu
Dancing Wu Li Masters: Gary Zukav
Philip Pullmans "Dark Works" Series: 3 books (Nicely done with different actors, not just one person reading).
Lord of the Rings Series
Terry Goodkind's "The Sword of Truth" Series: 1 thru 9.
Terry Brooks "Shannara" Series: 1 thru 12.
Orsin Scott Card's "Enders Saga" Series: 1 thru 8.
Jack London's "Call of the Wild"
Robinson Cruso
Moby Dick
Tad Williams "Otherlands".
The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot

That's enough to fill up most laptop HD's just pick your favorite book up on CD or DVD. I recomend going to a record store and asking the staff there if you can listen to a portion of the CD before purchasing tho. Some audio books aren't that well read, but some are acted out. Or better yet, go the library and see if they have your favorite book on CD, can't beat the price of a library card.

I get more images in my head while listening to audio books than music.

oDDity
09-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Strangely enough, I've been listening to Simon and Garfunkel recently.
Don't now where that urge came from.

Exception
09-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Umum, great topic!

just recently: I really like DJ Shadow's last album, The Outsider, it's got a riveting track on there called Outsider Intro...
("Now... the fire is lit... smouldering in the belly of humanity..." You just can't think of a line like that).

Seein Thangs on the same album is great too...

Then there's the ever returning DAAU (Die Anarchistische Abund Unterhaltung). Couldn't live without it.
That and Haydn, Handel and Simeon ten Holt never leave my side.

Strangely enough, I've been listening to Simon and Garfunkel recently.
Don't now where that urge came from.

Scary, truly, very scary. Did anyone say putrid guts?
:)

Bog
09-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Oi! "Sound of Silence" is a brilliant song.

Sassenach. ;)

oDDity
09-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Actually, they've a lot of good work, Paul Simon is a great siongwriter. I'd never really listened to them before. I made the mistake of automatically hating them without listening, because my mother liked them when I was a teenager, so the idea of 'I hate S&G' has been engraved in my brain.

lilrayray77
09-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Actually, they've a lot of good work, Paul Simon is a great siongwriter. I'd never really listened to them before. I made the mistake of automatically hating them without listening, because my mother liked them when I was a teenager, so the idea of 'I hate S&G' has been engraved in my brain.

This is how I was when I was really young. I finally noticed a couple years ago that the stuff I was listening to was absolute crap and started listening to what my parents like. Turns out that what they like is some of the best music I have ever heard.

Dann-O
09-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Well if it was just one then probably "the Gates of Delerium" by Yes it is hard to top. And it is 21 minutes long so ther eis extra litening.
Classical wise I really like Bach's Brandenburg Concertos brillinat stuff.

Latley have been listening to Spocks Breard and the Flower Kings.

Andyjaggy
09-24-2006, 10:33 AM

Same here. My parents would always listen to them on family vacation and I hated it. Then about two years ago I put one of their CD's in just for kicks and I instantly fell in love with them. Of coarse this led me to discover all sorts of other great bands from the 60's and 70's, back when bands actually had to be able to write good lyrics, good melodies and have musical talent.

Exception
09-24-2006, 10:50 AM

Actually, I just referred to you referring to any pop culture as crap, and S&G is as poppy as you can have it. Older pop, still pop.
I'm on your case oddity :)

oDDity
09-24-2006, 11:48 AM
I definitely said 'modern pop culture'. By that I meant the last 10 years.

Bog
09-24-2006, 03:09 PM
*shrugs* You're missing out. I spent my teens and 20s deriding anything written after 1970, then 1980. I missed out on a huge pile of good music.

Exception
09-24-2006, 03:41 PM
'modern' in any discussion of arts means about 1890~1950. Now is 'contemporary'.

So you think you'll 'approve of' Massive Attack in 15 years instead of now?

MrTinkertrain
09-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Well maybe it's music from the last ten years but it's very good:

The Magnetic Fields - 69 love songs (album, actually 3 albums)

Belle and Sebastian - any album, just listening lately the new one, The Life Pursuit

Vitalic - OK Cowboy (if you like electronic music, this is one the best, IMO)

The Boy least likely to - the best party ever

and the list could go on and on...

of course I never stop listening The Beatles, ANY of them song is great

There is good music out there, you just have to look for it... :thumbsup:

kmaas
09-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Well, I don't really have a favorite, but I get most of my music from an open-source program called the iRate Radio. It downloads music from places like Magnatune and mp3.com.au.

One of my favorites though, and one nobody on here has probably heard before, is The Annoying Song by Man Bites God. Everyone should hear this song, roll on the floor laughing, and have it stuck in your head for a month, at least once in their lives. Here's a link:

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=51466

Just click one of the steam buttons on the right.

duke
09-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Bruckner's 5th. I've gone through favouring each but eventually came back to the 5th - the timing is **** amazing.

tyrot
09-25-2006, 04:56 AM
dear duke

WOOW! Bruckner's 5th is awesome. I m happy you came up with this one. I also can add Bruckner's 8th, and beginning of 6th and 9th as well..

but for me, music lies, within Ralph Vaughan William's 5th (lento) the ethereal strings...(the core theme of Pilgrim Progress' opera which i call the greatest.British classical Rules...(from walton to vaughan))

Best

Bog
09-25-2006, 05:26 AM
but for me, music lies, within Ralph Vaughan William's 5th (lento)
Best

What is Proton not telling us? ;)

duke
09-25-2006, 06:11 AM
dear duke

WOOW! Bruckner's 5th is awesome. I m happy you came up with this one. I also can add Bruckner's 8th, and beginning of 6th and 9th as well..

but for me, music lies, within Ralph Vaughan William's 5th (lento) the ethereal strings...(the core theme of Pilgrim Progress' opera which i call the greatest.British classical Rules...(from walton to vaughan))

Best

You should pick up Hans Rott's (a student of Bruckner) symphony no.1. He wrote that and a few other pieces, was told he sucked, went insane and burnt all his other music and died. Mahler later called him the inventor of the new symphony. I ordered it from amazon a few weeks ago and am absolutely blown away!

tyrot
09-25-2006, 07:38 AM
dear Duke

holy! I never heard of him though i read lots of things about Bruckner...How is his music?

Man, Bruckner also had been brutally critisized by Hanslick and many other hi-roller figures but he kept going. That s why i hate Brahms and his followers, simply they butchered many potential masterpieces.. probably Hans Rott also suffered from same Brahmsic torture...

Best

Jim_C
09-25-2006, 07:50 AM
My Humps

lilrayray77
09-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Just found this song, pretty funny, especially if you contain some "nerdy" attributes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw&eurl=

art
09-25-2006, 01:14 PM
My nerdy attributes:
Reading math books for fun: check
Monty Python & the quest for the holy grail: check

oDDity
09-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I could probably forgive child molestation as one of you attributes, but reading math books is going too far.

art
09-25-2006, 01:31 PM
I could probably forgive child molestation as one of you attributes, but reading math books is going too far.

haha, i didn't know it would be that bad.
On the positive side I do not read actual school textbooks and/or do any math problems for "fun". There are some "easy to read" math books on various subjects such as origins of 0 or pi, things about prime numbers, chaos theory/fractals, some contain interesting insights and some read more like a history books. There are also books about various math based curiosities, puzzles etc which I find fun to read. I just do not hate math.

Btw, I did not see child molestation attribute mentioned in that video :) (and i do not possess it)

hrgiger
09-25-2006, 01:57 PM
A song that I always include in my playlists is Concrete Blonde's Everybody knows.

hrgiger
09-25-2006, 02:02 PM
I Usually listen to movie scores, (Batman Begins, Narnia, The Day After Tomorow, The Mummy, etc.)

It helps my animations to be more cinimatic. :lwicon:

I only listen to Danny Elfman scores...Nothing can beat the first batman movie score, I still listen to it somewhat often.

Bog
09-26-2006, 04:55 AM
A song that I always include in my playlists is Concrete Blonde's [/i]Everybody knows.[/i]

That and Leonard Cohen's original version. Oh, yes. Oh, yes.

Movies like "Pump Up The Volume" probably contributed to my intellectual anarchism from an eeaarrrllllllyyyyy age... :D

Kuzey
09-26-2006, 05:24 AM
You guys need some culture :hey: :hey:

I love this song at the moment and video is great too :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZST4AeUllEE

Kuzey

Exception
09-26-2006, 09:14 PM
kuzey... that's just scary.
That woman is... scary...

Do you dance like that when you listen to it?
You know you just HAVE to make a weird character dance like that now in LW and show it to us...

Kuzey
09-27-2006, 07:07 AM
kuzey... that's just scary.
That woman is... scary...

Do you dance like that when you listen to it?
You know you just HAVE to make a weird character dance like that now in LW and show it to us...

You mean the singer or the dancer with the mask.

But...yes I do dance like that but only on the inside :D

Kuzey

Kuzey
09-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Oh...this might be more your taste :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPOpjeWiR2U

Kuzey

colkai
09-27-2006, 07:33 AM
Now, when I'm feeling royally teed off, I do rather like to listen to a heavily overwieght screamer.
Meatloaf - Life is a Lemon

I swear, I'm gonna have that played when I croak it just because it'll make everyone feel uncomfortable hehe...

Oh and "Thou Shalt Not" by Kiss (the Revenge Album).

If I wanna just chill, pretty much any Alan Parsons Project, except maybe side 2 of Tales of Mystery and Imagination BBrrrrr, 'The House Of Usher' always gives me the chills.

IMPERIAL
09-28-2006, 05:38 AM
these days...
w.a.s.p (the crimson idol)
saxon (eagle has landed III)
motorhead (orgasmarton)
Joe Satriani (surfing with the alien)
Ingwie Malmsteen (trilogy)

Exception
09-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Oh...this might be more your taste :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPOpjeWiR2U
Kuzey

Yay...
You know, with stuff like this, I always feel like they're selling me the girl, not the music. Sure, I'm sold... I'll take the girl for a night... as long as she doesn't put on her music.

StereoMike
09-29-2006, 02:59 AM
We just moved and I got my internet today. Cool how many ppl participate. This thread wasn't meant to get the one and only favorite song of all times from you, but to give others a starting point to dive into various and different genres other wise remaining untouched. And it pretty much works out, have seen some new songs I will have to get into.
Thanks to all of you and go on!

Just in case someone like asian music, take this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4cQ3BoHFas

Mike

[edit] just a little notice: I mixed up "actual" and "current", so the threadname should be "Your current favorite song"

colkai
09-29-2006, 04:12 AM
Hmm, current favourite eh?
Well, not a 'now' song, but at the moment, the one realyl hitting a chord with me is Robbie Williams "Advertising Space"

StereoMike
09-29-2006, 04:57 AM
but "your actual favorite song" is a cool challenge too :)
Makes you think a little bit over what you heard over the last years, compared to what you have heard over the last days...

Kuzey
09-29-2006, 05:19 AM
That's hilarious :D

Kuzey

Kuzey
09-29-2006, 05:43 AM
Here another couple...warning these aren't songs but dance :D

There is a large national dance company here called Anadolu Ateşi "Anatolian Fire" in english, they have toured around the world and if you seen the eurovision song contest held in Turkey you would have seen them :thumbsup:

Here's beautiful women doing beautiful things :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jQ5IqOsPHo

And this one shows that Riverdance, Lord of the dance aren't just unique to Ireland :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CubQFCMrsRQ

:dance:

Kuzey...not to self go see them :D

Nicolas Jordan
09-29-2006, 02:39 PM
I really really enjoy listening to all of Tarons music and a few others like P.O.D.

I only listen to music when I am working on something that does not require much concentration. If I am really trying to concentrate then almost any kind of sound is destracting. I also prefer music without lyrics as words in songs also can be extra destracting. I guess my brain was only made to do one thing at a time.

I must have complete silence please. :D

Harlock
10-14-2006, 11:23 PM
That's actually pretty true about your brain. when you are trying to do something creative you use more of the right hemisphere. The Right doesn't like speach too much, that's a left hemi thing. Maybe that's why most song lyrics are really crappy/cliche, especially top 40.
My favs are also usually orchestral movie scores ( mostly Elfman, Kanno and Williams).
As for songs with lyrics right now it's a three way tie for me.
1.Skeksis by strapping young lad
2.the blister exists by slipknot
3.Down for life by Testament

DogBoy
10-15-2006, 04:05 AM
For me there has always been a few songs that I always came back to:

Drinking and Driving by Black Flag (only Greg Ginn has ever mastered the crunchy guitar solo)
Don't call me white by NoFX
Transformer by Bad Brains (the only hard-corps punk rasta band worth a ****)
Things to do (or Bad Penny, or the Model) by Big Black

What can I say, i'm an old anarcho-crustie at heart.

starbase1
10-16-2006, 09:01 AM
For me there has always been a few songs that I always came back to:
Transformer by Bad Brains (the only hard-corps punk rasta band worth a ****)
What can I say, i'm an old anarcho-crustie at heart.

How do you rate Dread Zeppelin?