PDA

View Full Version : Consideration of LW9 on Mac

liquidik
05-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Any consideration. Is the OpenGL speed improvement also present in the Mac release? Is stability improved on this platform?

Gian

Kuzey
05-29-2006, 04:10 AM
Not sure about that, but you need atleast a G4 or better to run LW9.

Kuzey

BazC
05-29-2006, 04:43 AM
Yup I've noticed an improvement in Layout even on my low spec machine. Stability wise I'd say it was better than 8.5 but still not rock solid for me, I still get the occasional crash for no obvious reason. Having said that it's not finished yet and it's improving with every build! - Baz

Captain Obvious
05-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Not sure about that, but you need atleast a G4 or better to run LW9.

Kuzey
Who the heck would even try to run it on a G3?

Kuzey
05-30-2006, 02:38 AM
Who the heck would even try to run it on a G3?

Well....me :D

Actually, I was going to get a Macbook pro when they first came out, while getting ready to go overseas. It would have been ready for pick up once I landed on the other side of the world.

So now I have LW9 and a G3 but the two won't talk...but I'm pretty patient.

Talk about bad timing...life is a bit funny that way :lol:

Kuzey

BazC
05-30-2006, 05:23 AM
Where are you off to Kuzey?

BTW I used to run LW7.5 Discovery edition on a 400MHz G3 iMac, it ran pretty well too!

mike_stening
05-30-2006, 06:58 AM
would be interested to know if the OpenGL works properly in OS X now, especially having just got our 2 quad machines kitted out with 7800gt cards and some more ram (that'll be 6.5 gb now) which is great in photoshop and in general use, everything is really snappy now, but is lightwave now gonna use that extra power in the GT?

and whats the case with HV's, do they multithread properly? and has the disappearing objects and such when used with HV's stoppped.

Kuzey
05-31-2006, 03:50 AM
Where are you off to Kuzey?

BTW I used to run LW7.5 Discovery edition on a 400MHz G3 iMac, it ran pretty well too!

I've been here in Izmir, Turkey since March 20th..ish :D

It's hot and it's not even summer yet...anything between 29 to 36 degrees most days :screwy:

Ps. Lw8.5 runs a bit slower than Lw 7.5 (which works great) on my 500MHz G3 iBook.

Kuzey

DogBoy
05-31-2006, 04:43 AM

It's hot and it's not even summer yet...anything between 29 to 36 degrees most days :screwy:

Ps. Lw8.5 runs a bit slower than Lw 7.5 (which works great) on my 500MHz G3 iBook.

Kuzey

OOh, cool. I'll be in Bodrum from Monday. Warmth. Good.

Unfortunately no lappie with [9] will be there 8/ :cry:

BazC
05-31-2006, 05:01 AM

Niiice! I thought maybe you were moving to sunny England! We're having a lousy summer so far BTW!

Kuzey
05-31-2006, 05:07 AM
OOh, cool. I'll be in Bodrum from Monday. Warmth. Good.

Not if you're a winter type pesron like me :screwy:

As the wicked witch once said....I'm melting, I'm melting :D

Enjoy your stay,

Kuzey

Kuzey
05-31-2006, 05:13 AM
Niiice! I thought maybe you were moving to sunny England! We're having a lousy summer so far BTW!

:D

If it gets any hotter I might have too!!

The bad thing is there is no break in the weather..a cool day here or there, it's all hot and I think it only rained twice since I came here.

:stumped:

Kuzey

BazC
05-31-2006, 06:16 AM

If it gets any hotter I might have too!!

The bad thing is there is no break in the weather..a cool day here or there, it's all hot and I think it only rained twice since I came here.

:stumped:

Kuzey

Tell you what, I'll email you some English weather, we had the heating on last night!

DogBoy
05-31-2006, 07:02 AM
Tell you what, I'll email you some English weather, we had the heating on last night!
Baz, I'm in London, if you get it to me by tomorrow night I can take it with me.

Kuzey, I'll do this on the strict understanding that you keep this away from Bodrum, OK?

BazC
05-31-2006, 08:49 AM
Baz, I'm in London, if you get it to me by tomorrow night I can take it with me.

Kuzey, I'll do this on the strict understanding that you keep this away from Bodrum, OK?

Hehe! I'm having a little trouble zipping it but I'll try and get it to you ASAP!

DogBoy
05-31-2006, 08:52 AM
Hehe! I'm having a little trouble zipping it but I'll try and get it to you ASAP!

pack it as a .dmg or .img file that way he can mount it as a removeable environment.

Kuzey
06-01-2006, 02:50 AM
You guys are funny and guess what it worked :thumbsup:

The weather reports for Monday are Rain in Izmir!!!

But that's four days away....I've still got my fingers crossed :dance: :dance:

Back on topic, the good news is LW Xcode/UB port will be complete this year, during the 9x cycle. Which means faster development progress and better features. The best part is no more developing 2 versions of LW!!!

Back off topic:

Mmmm...I wonder if the is a position open in Newtek Europe, maybe designing the future LW icons and what not :hey:

Kuzey