PDA

View Full Version : PRO features in Original Tricaster????

ryanneves
05-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Is there any talk of having the PRO features in the traicaster? THe auto camera calibration would be great even if that was the only feature we could get.

mbloor
05-29-2006, 04:53 AM
Given Tricasters target market...I could never understand why it was not included in the original TC.
Mark

rmarcroft
05-30-2006, 11:55 AM
I need the Push, Stream feature. This should be an easy upgrade as it's in the XP operating systems as part of Windows XP.

Cineman
06-01-2006, 11:38 AM
THe auto camera calibration would be great even if that was the only feature we could get.
Well Ryan, if it emulates VT, which, of course. it does, at best, I find this a mixed blessing, and at much worse, something that can badly mislead end users to the point of their using badly setup cameras.

You see this only works on cameras which output color bars that also include pluge. Even if the camera test bars don't include pluge, the auto camera calibration pretends to do its job. Once started, it grinds away, seeming, even to a trained eye, to be calibrating. Unfortunately, when finished, it leaves just exactly what you started with, either, no adjustment, or what the user has already done with the procamp and scopes.

Since cameras generally start good, or users have already adjusted them well, it is not easy to realize that no adjustment has been made. The only way to tell easily is to use the procamp to get the camera way out of specs and then run.

Nes Gurley