PDA

View Full Version : network rendering AVI or QT files

Darttman
05-28-2003, 05:50 PM
So, how does a person network render movies (avi, quicktime...?)

And here I thought all I had to do was set up screamer and let 'er rip of course NOT network rendering is for stills only silly me.

So what's the options? cheap, expensive let's hear about them

robewil
05-28-2003, 06:02 PM
It's always smarter to output stills and re-compile them to an avi. You can use Lightwave by importing the stills as a background image sequence.

Aegis
05-28-2003, 06:31 PM
Robewil failed to point out that it isn't actually possible (using ScreamerNet thru LightWave anyway) to network render movies - stills are all that's on offer and as noted, probably a better move anyway.

Darttman
05-31-2003, 05:25 AM
I have read that network rendering sequenced stills tends to get out of "number" if machines finish the rendering of frames at differing speeds/times. Is this likely to happen? And if so any good tutorials on proper set up for recompiling stills back into movie?

thanks

Mylenium
05-31-2003, 10:03 AM
Normally there should be no problems with frames getting out of number. Even if so, the worst thing that could happen is that 2 machines render the same frame and the last overwrites an already existing image. Putting your sequence together is no problem at all - just load your sequence into LW, use it as a backdrop, set your camera to the proper resolution and on the render panel use "Save animation". Done. A better way would be using one of the bazillion free tools that do exactly the same but without the need for another run of LW.

Mylenium

Darttman
05-31-2003, 11:05 AM
Thanks all for your input.

These Forums are a great resource!

Off to set up a render !